IT'S HAPPENING!!! WE WE WILL SHOW YOU THE TRUTH!

IT'S HAPPENING!!! WE WE WILL SHOW YOU THE TRUTH!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_engine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_engine#/media/File:SolidRocketMotor.svg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>in a homemade rocket
>a homemade rocket
>homemade rocket
This will be glorious

Let's call it. Challenger 2.0

The guy did a launch once before and fucked himself up real good, can't wait for this one.

How the actuall flying fuck is he going to going to fucking fly that thing? That thing will look like a fucking bird with a seizure

I hope i actually makes it and then realize that he was wrong all this time and just fucking 9/11 something

youtube channel?

This will never launch as it’s a scam like trump university to milk money off gullible idiots

Bump

If he somehow does die of barotrauma/lack of oxygen/crash/high gs, he will probably reach 20km of height at which point he will still se a flat horizon. He'll call it irrefutable proof and flat earthers will cite this untill we finally start sending civilians into space.

Getting up there isn't that difficult. It's getting back in one piece that's gonna be tough.

This is natural selection at work.

I imagine this going as well for him as it did for Wil E. Coyote

Earthers won't even believe it then.

>the earth is flat
has to be a Hillary supporter

steam powered rocket made from scrap

mmmmaaaahhhh hero

i seriously doubt that thing makes it to 20k .
besides does anybody know what he uses as fuel and what kind of engines he uses?

to reach the outer athmosphere you need something along the lines of the V2 and those things were fucking massive in comparison to his pocket rocket .

I NEED TO WATCH THIS LIVE! THIS WILL BE AMAZING!

Laika 2.0

VERY much not, aw man they hate her.

Oh No Ross and Carrie is a podcast. They investigate stuff. They went and spoke to a bunch of flat earthers in their last three episodes, flat earthers are mostly religious nut jobs.

what if he finds out that Earth is not flat?

>Getting up there isn't that difficult
sure, that's why US GOV pays like $200M to get tiny payloads in orbit
> It's getting back in one piece that's gonna be tough
yes and parachute is brand new high tech invention

WATER, its steam powered

he will die minutes later due to freezing temperatures , lack of oxygen or after falling back to earth at terminal veloticy. so its not really an issue its not like he would live to tell the tale anyways.

Basically, with the power of steam... Is like Willy E. Coyote and its acme rockets....

i dont even ...

on the other hand he IS a science denying flat earther so expecting him to use actual rocket fuel and engines was probably an error on my part.

more like challenged amiright?

maybe RP-1 or HTP, rocket propellant doesn't need to be as expensive stuff as what nasa uses

>Fly

Same way a "rock" flies when you throw it. You point it in a direction and with the power of combustion you set off. The rest of trajectory rng.

That's one Super Genius

Rockets don't have engines.

Flat earthers don't accept evidence that refutes their claims so he will be labelled a shill and an outcast if he somehow returns with that news

If this was the tip of a fuck off huge two stage solid rocket, I think he would have a chance of getting up there. Modern solid propellant is pretty fantastic, and there's plenty of civilian rocket enthusiasts that would have the know-how to put something man-weight high enough to see the curve of the earth with it.

I doubt this man is one of them.

This

sure fuel isnt expensive you can make basic rocket fuel with household chemicals if you know what you are doing i just wanted a point of refference to see if the rocket is even large enough to reach 20km but seeing as the fool wants to use steampower its a moot point.

Don't forget that if he can achieve the right height and not die of those other things, then he'll burn to crisp in the atmosphere

they are called rocket engines . please educate yourself you utter moron...

Getting up there isn't that difficult, getting a payload of supplies to a space station or a multi-part satellite in orbit is another matter entirely. As for a parachute, the problem with it is that it needs air to work, which is in dangerously short supply near orbit.

NO. Rockets use thrusters. Not engines.

>The daredevil, 61-year-old limo driver "Mad" Mike Hughes,
>built the rocket and its launch ramp himself for about $20,000,
>according to the AP. If all goes according to plan, the contraption will
>accelerate to a top speed of 500 mph (800 km/h) and
>travel about 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) away from the launch site,
>a ghost town called Amboy. (Hughes will make a
>parachute-aided touchdown.)
topkek

>Rockets don't have engines.

Come again?

sure a 2 stage rocket with hydrazine main stage and a solid APCP booster below would get you high enough and the components are easy enough to procure but again we are speaking about a guy who is too stupid to understand the very basics of scientific research .

you can see the curve of the earth from a commercial airliner. it's obviously not enough proof for the whack jobs

it's basically a controlled explosion, like fireworks

Even if you aren't female you should have some periods.

>watch me prove the earth is flat by mounting this oversized fire extinguisher

how high do you need to be to see the curve

The darwin award goes to...

en wikipedia org/wiki/Rocket_engine

anything that propels you can be called an engine colloquially. can we just shut the fuck up about semantics now?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_engine

you're confusing engine for motor. faggot.

i think you dont understand what an engine is ...

go to google or duck or whatever and search for the definition .

lol

>controlled explosion
what do you think all jet engines are?

I'm pretty damn sure is the same rocket John Knoxville use in Jackass to try to fly over a lake. That shit don't even end well.

Literally google 'rocket engine'

Orbit is a different story. Getting into orbit requires more power and precision than high atmospheric flight, along with orbital navigation equipment, gyroscopic stabilization, and RCS once you get there.

Hell, a balloon can get you to the upper atmosphere, and halo jump equipment can get you back down. I don't think it's much of a stretch to think an enthusiast with disposable income, good mathematics, and balls of fucking steel could make it there with a solid rocket they built themselves.

Yeah right.. like we would break the speed of sound with fuel farts..

well, he seems credible.

I really hope he build his rocket well and dosn't die, because I would really like to see the look on his face, when he realizes, that the earth is indeed not flat. Also I would like to tell him afterwards that he could have done this with a wether balloon and a gopro for significantly less money.

Generally 35,000 feet does the trick.

Lolz

and true.

you didnt do too well in your highschool physics classes did you?

He will fail of course.
Most likley he will be shot down by a government that does not want people to see the truth.
But good on him for being this courageous!

Haha, internal combustion engines.

400mg.

an engine that operates by the combustion of its contents, providing thrust as in a jet engine but without depending on the intake of air for combustion.
noun: rocket engine

Rip Hughes

I honestly see this as irrefutable evidence against flat Earth.

Deflagation != explosion...

That's an optical illusion created by the glass they use for the windows in commercial airliners.

I've been in an air balloon. There was no glass. The Earth is curved.

sure buddy

Ok, so while digging for that photo, I just ran across that he popped his chute after nine minutes freefall, during which he broke the speed of sound. Felix is a fucking badass.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_engine#/media/File:SolidRocketMotor.svg

kek

Isn't a high altitude balloon with a camera easier?

I'll never understand how the fuck it's possible for people to be getting STUPIDER, and for flatearthers to know less than some people did in the 17th century all the while using mobile phones and driving internal combustion horseless carriages around.

'basically' != 'literally'

where's the fun in that? this is like the real life Sup Forums space program

If it is so easy prove them wrong

That’s...um, an optical illusion created by the...heat...from the balloon.

sure but flatfags will claim its lense distortion .

Dude is only aiming for 500mph and 1 mile distance lol. I think the Koenigsegg Agera RS could probably kick his ass. That thing was doing 284mph on Nevada roads lol, seeing somebody shift at 180mph and then kick in the supercharger.... whoah.

it's the irony of specialization + advanced technological development: people don't have to know anything about anything. They've been completely insulated from virtually all selective pressures.

Echo chambers are easier to create these days, more or less. Instant transferal and degradation of misinformation, that takes on a life of its own and remains isolated from any other facets of information until it legitimizes itself, is all too common a phenomenon these days. All these flat earthers just get together and feed their confirmation bias and paranoia, and there's nothing or no one to stop the sense of truthhood in their claims or beliefs.

Why isn't it noticeable when the plane is on the ground? Why would an optical defect like this be allowed to interfere with the pilot's ability to fly the aircraft? Or is the canopy made of inexplicably different glass?

let's say you strap a biggass balloon to the flat earth rocket and then go up from there? could you escape earths gravity?

I think death of mad Mike will be Sup Forumstier action.

like getting a Bernie supporter to vote for Hillary

curvature isnt even that noticable on normal flight altitudes

nope you need escape velocity for that not just altitude .

To strap yourself into one of those metal death-traps you'd have to have a pretty strong trust in the scientific community and their findings... oh wait...

>Deflagation != explosion

subsonic deflagation IS an explosion

>Best case
he gets far enough into space to see the curvature of the earth then claims that jews kidnapped him the night before and strapped him into a zionist vr simulation of a spherical earth.

You claimed it was common assumption for common people in 17th century, so it means without the need for ultra high tech evidence provided by large organizations like photos of Nasa.
You either have to blindely believe what you are told or photographic evidence. You can't prove this simple scientific hypothesis

It's only noticeable at extreme distance which you don't have while sitting on the ground.

Something tells me this rocket will not reach escape velocity.