Would you walk around with a sword or machete or is it too cringy

Would you walk around with a sword or machete or is it too cringy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCBvc7pmUp9wiZIFOXEp1sCg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hypercringe unless you're in some shithole country that actually has machete gangs like Jamaica.

Swords are still weapons though. I'd feel much safer with it.

I have at the renaissance faire but in real life? Fucking lol.

...although you can walk around like this now so hmm could be worth it

uh huh, great defence against a 9mm shell

I live in in Texas I haven't done the sword yet I tried one time when drunk but my friends didn't let me. But I do carie a Bowie knife everyday everywhere I go and no one bats an eye.

Convince this guy to buy a sword

youtube.com/channel/UCBvc7pmUp9wiZIFOXEp1sCg

You're lucky user. Im not even allowed to carry a small knife in my country

Time to get a tactical gladius and a riot shield. The legion's coming back!

9mm shells dont do anything, the bullets however...

Gladius are gay. Im going for scimitar seeing as no one wears armor this day and age.

Not sure if Redguard or allahu...

You know katanas are also pretty good against unarmored opponents, come with a better stabbing point, and don't get you put on a watchlist. At least go with a sabre, user!

I would do it, but only so that when I wear the sword on my back, nobody notices the pistol. Never draw the sword except when you face an honorable opponent, and you're fucking good. It's a foolproof plan, really.

CURVED

SWORDS

Fuck katanas they are the worst sword in existence. I like the scimitar or shamshir aesthetic. Sabres could work too but no shitty weeb katanas

I see no problem with this return to basics.

Cutlasses are also incredibly practical. They lose some style points, but they're built for durability and close-in fighting.

You know what, I bet /k/ has a massive fucking erection right now. I'll be right back...

This. Katana's etc. Were folded not for advantageous engineering over other swords, they were folded to pound out impurities from the shitty pig iron Japan had access to. Samurai were accurate sure.. But that's because hitting anything other than a soft spot with a good blow could bend the sword. Probably the most overglorified weapon in history.

Post the sword you'd carry

Polearm or bust.

A good spear or halbred is all ya need.

Cutlasses are great but a little short for my taste. Perfect for close quarter fighting on a ship but we're talking about texas so its not really useful

True. Normally I'd go for a bastard sword but since we dont have to worry about piercing armor we can use curved swords

Cold Steel Longsword.
Wouldn't mind a custom made one either with the Damascus etching or genuine Damascus steel.

>Cold Steel
>Damascus etching

>Damascus Steel
Fuck Yeah

Just give me a rapier with a basket hilt made from modern steel. Light, functional, smallswords BTFO.

I would walk around with a machete if I went bushwacking.

At that point, though, you're clearly carrying it as a tool, and allowing it to be carried under a weapons law doesn't mean all that much.

so? that wasnt the question op asked.

Until a fuckin mountain lion jumps out at you and you bushwhack its fucking head off.

rapiers are heavy as fuck when it comes to onehanded swords

>genuine Damascus steel.
are you gonna invent a time machine cause we dont really know how they made that shit we've just come up with another method and called it Damascus

>rapiers are heavy
If you're an absolute pussy...Sabres are waay heavier

I mean I'd carry one sheathed sure but I prefer axes/hammers for melee. They are a lot easier to use.

>He waits until he gets shot to defend himself

am I missing something or does he have a long ass belt hanging down that is connected to nothing?

And yet, even in the modern age, it's the most effective sword.

sabres are about 20 to 30% lighter and since they are shorter they are muhc easyer to wield as well .
a heavy rapier can be as heavy as a longsword .

based user

How so?

I do walk around with a hatchet on my belt, but that's when I'm going /out/ and camping.

most effective at increasing your cringe level and proclaiming your autism to the world maybe.

If Texas is like Florida, and I assume it is, a machete is pretty useful if you like slogging or hiking.

Fuck it's gone right through his head.