How do I convert my grandparents from being a Jehovah witness to another religion that isnt a cult

How do I convert my grandparents from being a Jehovah witness to another religion that isnt a cult.

Need good argument points IE: the founder of the religion wrote their bible and couldn't even speak or read Hebrew.

Thanks in advance!

I'm atheist also.

Old peeps are the hardest to convert, it takes a lot of patience and a fairly strong argument to Barr them off.

Ex-jw here. The founder didn't write their Bible. CT Russel used the king James. Their was done in the 50s/60s by one of the governing body members.
If your going to go them on anything, make sure you have it right. Otherwise they'll just be more convinced that they are right and be harder to wake up later

My uncle is trying to make the whole family exile my parents and me, I just do not understand how they can simply kick loved ones out of their life.

All religions are cults

Noted, thank you!

Currently, your best bet is to bring up a conversation about 'the Australian Royal commission'. If you can get them to read up on it you may get some doubts. However most witnesses are actively discouraged from going anywhere near that topic. So you might need to get creative.

Wow good info thanks for the share

It's very simple for them. They're doing it because they think 'god is telling them to' not from any concsious decision they're making on their own. Of course it's a group of ppl saying that god is telling them to do it, but to a witness that group of ppl is speaking for god.
It doesn't make it any less maddening, but there's others you can blame for your uncle's actions

Ex-JW also.
What the fuck? the King James translation? CT Russel was a fucking con-man on par with Joseph Smith but what? Fucking really?

Try this one too. I've seen witnesses react to this one. You won't understand it, but just try it:

For a religion that says idol worship is a sign of Satan, and a religion that says people who wear a cross around their neck is bad and idolatrous, you sure are putting that jw.org logo on everything. On the sides of your churches, cars, binders, cufflinks, books, phones, necklaces, stickers, coffee cups, badges, pens, umbrellas and everything else between.
Hypocrisy at its finest

I will use this and try my best, I really appreciate it.

Yeah man, Charles taze was the ultimate apostate by today's standards. For fucks sake, he used numerology to count the steps of a pyramid to predict Armageddon twice. Remember what the Bible said about false prophets?

Footnote: Fred Franz was the one to put together their first new world translation bible

There's is currently no talk of the world ending in 2033 officially in their doctrine. Don't use this one it's untrue

Noted thanks!

Holy fuck what's up with the bullshit in these? There's 8 million witnesses worldwide.
I repeat, if you use bullshit it locks their cognitive dissonance down harder.

LMAO there's 3 ex witnesses on Sup Forums? Crazy honestly I love the Bible and it's teachings they should be applied in your life it makes you a substantial better person..... But wtf is up with the cultish dogmas like seriously they operate exactly like a cult just a little more upfront about their beliefs

Alright I will cross those out then just trying to make a massive dump of info I can find

cringe

It's a solid sect of Christianity and they have true Christian beliefs that aren't the nonsense other "Christians" believe like the other dude said if you're gonna attack them you need solid shit

The Jewish-Christian-Muslim religions are all based on ancient animal sacrifice cults that believed that the creator of the Universe would favor them if they killed some of the creations in a formal manner.

The kikes stooped animal sacrifice because it was expensive. Christians stopped because "The Lamb of God" died so you wouldn't have to hack up your flock. The Muslims switched from animals to people who don't agree with them.

Usually exjws see the bullshit that is the Bible and go atheist/agnostic due to their exps.
I personally think the Bible has absolutely nothing to teach us morally (since it's filled with plenty of immoral things) and is only a reflection of the people who wrote it during their particular existences.

Being a good person is in all of us. You shouldn't have to be threatened with an eternal punishment to be good.

"Being a good person is in all of us. You shouldn't have to be threatened with an eternal punishment to be good."

I like that, thanks

Also I was a JW when I was younger, like 11-12yrs old.

What's the easiest way to get them not to come back knocking on your door? Answer it naked?

True beliefs? Truth is truth, regardless of what you fling at it. If you have to convince all of your members 'only listen to us because everyone else is lying and if you do Satan will get you and you will be kicked out and have all of your family shun you' then your hiding something. It's that simple. Truth is truth. It doesn't need to be restricted like that.

Also, fuck you for saying that. That religion let's it's members die needlessly, allowed pedos to finger kids and splits families up. Fuck you

Say these 3 words:

I've been disfellowshipped.

They'll head for the hills. It's actually funny to watch them move so fast to get away from you

convert them to 7th Day Adventism, they're like JW but with make actual sense

>convert them to 7th Day Adventism, they're like JW but with make actual sense

kek

Smh don't let those foolish emotions get to you man you know in your heart people will be people. You can't stop mfs from fingering kids and it's disingenuous to suggest that a religion is responsible for it happening when the TRUTH is its hyper-prevelant in our world it literally happens everywhere. Also your family choosing to shun you because of a toxic dogma is again a choice that while you may not agree with isn't yours to make in sorry if your hurt but you know I'm right in your heart.

It took 7 different times before they stopped coming to my house. I told them the first time that religion wasn't real and the universe was going to eventually completely be devoid of everything as the last star died and absolutely nothing was left. They said that I'd come around and left a pamphlet I lit on fire in the front yard when I saw them drive back around. Didn't answer 2-4, the 5th I said I was converting to Islam and they left. Didn't answer the 6th. The 7th I saw them coming, stripped down to my boxers and got a chub going answered the door, said fuck off I'm jerking it and slammed it shut. Freedom at last.

First, you should quit shitposting on Sup Forums.

Lol saying 'you know I'm right in your heart' doesn't make it true and only shows how weak your argument and reasoning is. Trying to resort to emotional blackmail to get one up, especially against a person who knows how you people emotionally blackmail to keep ppl in. A second fuck you for that.

Let's break this down. Yes, pedos are everywhere. No fucking Durr. However, in the world we live in, they're getting found, scooped up and jailed more than ever. It's being taken seriously. Unlike in your religion.
YOUR religion plays judge and jury on the whole thing and cuts out the legal system. Most of the time says 'we'll deal with this here because if we go and see the police it will bring shame to Jehovahs name and organisation', let alone instituting that '2 witness policy' which allows the pedo to walk if no one else sees it. Or in the words of your elders manual 'leave it in Jehovah's hands'. Apparently Jehovah's will is to let as many children be molested as possible.

If god was actually following your religion, he'd fix that shit. No 2 ways about it. The excuse of 'it's an imperfect organisation' is complete horse shit when SO much bad is allowed to happen. If god is real and the jws are the one he backs, he's a sociopath I want nothing to do with.