Just invested in bitcoin for the first time so I wanted to hear some of your success/failure stories about bitcoin!

Just invested in bitcoin for the first time so I wanted to hear some of your success/failure stories about bitcoin!

Other urls found in this thread:

egifter.com/bitcoin/
gyft.com/bitcoin/
coincards.ca/
localbitcoins.com
bittrex.com
gdax.com/trade/BTC-USD
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also if anyone is feeling generous my wallet is:n14fUs 7RyWGW FEun8E D7ktSk G4enBx FLjHK

Bitcoin will fail.
It's obvious.
Wait for 10,000 and get out.

>bought Bitcoin x years ago
>Made x amount of money

There, I found the general Bitcoin success story. /Thread

nah its the opposite actually. paper money is going to be useless and virtual currency is going to be the norm in advance countries like america and japan. japan will more than likely figure this out first as always tho. virtual currency is just safer. in the future the only people who will really ask for cash are the ones doing illegal activies like hookers, assuming prostitution is still legal by that time anyway.

Buy low, sell high

Any successful investor, in any market, stocks, collectibles, real estate, doesn't matter. You buy when it's undervalued, you sell when it's overvalued. If you look at a graph, you buy at the bottom of the roller coaster hill and sell at the top. (true this takes some degree of prediction, but there are also market indicators to help you guess).

I'm not saying BTC can't go any higher, I'm just saying you bought at a pretty high level already; how much is there left for you to make on it?

If it starts to look like a bubble you're in deep shit

>Wait for 10,000 and get out.

what do you mean? it's already at 11k..

just BTC? have you considered getting any alts like ETH or ARK?

>those chinks just got fucked over by bitcoin cash

This is a huge blow for crypto currencies in Japan.

wow, umm yeah, so urm where do i begin heh ummm ya erm - okay you say you just bgought bitcoin? so have you tried SELLING bitcoin yet because that is a LOT LOT LOT FUCKING LOT more difficult - I may as well end there as I dont want to hurt bitcoin buyers feelings too harshly

I bought in at $800, and sold at 10k. No complaints

Thanks for bringing up cashing out! It's never been easier!

You can buy giftcards with bitcoin:
egifter.com/bitcoin/
gyft.com/bitcoin/
coincards.ca/

If you find the tax man scary or you don't trust banks you can sell directly to people irl:
localbitcoins.com

Many major online retailers now accept bitcoin! Some examples:
Expedia.com
Microsoft
Virgin Galactic
Overstock
Newegg.com

And of course you can withdraw strait USD on many popular exchanges:
coinbase.com/ / gdax.com
bittrex.com

>buy low sell high

wtf dude, on Sup Forums we buy high sell low. get the fuck out.

No its at 4000

Late to the game, yes it will go up, early 2018 will be amazing but i predict june next year it will start going down. Personally i hold btc and trade in shit coins, easy money. Currently i have a large investment in enigma, new coin with a good future. Its a a very low atm and i expect it to strengthen within the coming weeks (150% is my guess).

I also hold eth, ada and a few others.

Success stories, earnt alot last week when ada shot up (sold at 240% of investment) i dont talk numbers and neither should you ever with cryptos.

Goodluck and sell out of btc when you feel it will burst, for me its safe for at least 3 more months.

No its $11000 usd, dont talk shit you know nothing about.

Never mind that was months ago

it's currently ~$10,800 on GDAX.

Where are you getting $4,000 from?

Nothing is as safe as a currency I can hold onto with my bare hands and potentially bury underground. My dad wrote a program to play online poker and once the sites got shut down they stole his Bitcoin wallet. You've obviously never been to a festival where people are trying to pay with credit cards/internet outside. They use wireless internet often from cell service which is extremely touchy and inefficient to use in that situation. People we waiting like a half hour to buy a CD, while people with cash went right through the line.

Plus Bitcoin encourages crime and illegal activities. Not only is the drug scene huge with cryptocurrency, hackers are creating viruses to make your computer bitmine to make them profit. I've seen them myself. Bitcoin disgusts me, just another gambling tool that makes people feel powerful when in reality you have less control of your money and the value of it.

Shut the fuck up i dont use faggy ol bit coin i work for my money unlike you waiting for fag coin to fuck you anal

I feel like a complete retard right now. The first time BTC peaked, it hit $1000ish. And then it dropped back down to $150. And I bought 10 BTC at $200/each. I sold when they hit $300, not thinking they would go any higher. Fuck me. I would have almost $100k right now if I kept them.

>Nothing is as safe as a currency
that isn't true, hyperinflation can make your money worthless.

it's unlikely, but it's happened before, recently in some countries, and can definitely happen again

HURR DURR ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. CASH IS ONLY USED FOR MORAL REASONS THATS WHY WALLSTREET AND THE CIA ARE USING CASH.

You dumb af. Turn of CNBC and think for yourself you stupid piece of shit.

Damn it went up fast sorry you were right dude

>salty nocoiner

do what you gotta do, i'll keep enjoying my gains

anyone in to litecoin?

>virtual currency is just safer
Don't be a retard.

ya it did, I expect a correction in the coming months down to 6k or so.

NICE BLOG DUDE !
hey I almost feel like i want to sell my kidneys and liver to you, just one question you mention all this shit but can you tell me whether I can invest bitcoin in oil industry shares? You sound like you work for buttcoun butcoon buttcoin - bitcoin - sorry about that the keyboard was fuck in faming mode - stuck in gaming mode. so ok I have 20 bitcoin wanna buy them for 20000 dollars hard cash TODAY if so email me at - [email protected] and put the dollars in my bank account then i will release my buttshizzle - buttcoin. bitshitcrap holyfuckcoin bollox bitcoin to you - damn these fucking wifi keyboards what i gota fuckin do to make it work

It's at 11k ...

it is safer in some ways

police can't take my crypto
government can't tax my crypto
i wont get my crypto taken at the border
nobody can print more btc and inflate it like with USD

Bit coin is lame invest in other currency like bit coin for like 3.00 those are gains

8k last time I checked (atleast on deepweb yesterday)

dude you sound angry, chill

if you don't like bitcoins that's fine man.

it's currently trading at $10,800

gdax.com/trade/BTC-USD

Loose your private key, BTC is gone

Are you the advertiser? Ok so you promote these coins and then how do i sell them - which banks witll take bitcoin and transfer them into dollars or euros or GBP etc? I will join bitcoin and try to make some bitcoins but need a list of banks that recognise it as a genuine currency

Yeah, I bought 10 recently, I'm hoping for some sweet gains

Ive made around $300 in the last few weeks since getting into it.
bitcoin is pretty volatile so hang on tight... if it dips below 9500 consider buying more.

That wasn't the first time it peaked dumbass. Previous bubbles were to 270, 36, and 12. Everybody has stories about how they could have been rich. The only people who are are who bought at some point and held them.

lose your wallet and your cash is gone

at least you can make copies of your private key. I have one in my apartment and one in a safety deposit box.

yeah I bought 8 @$20, now worth $100 apiece lol

please don't, you're not the right person for bitcoin

You think the jews are going to take bitcoin? Its a threat to their monopoly. Just use them for shopping at newegg, overstock, and eventually amazon.

Lay off the coke, user. While you're at it you should kys.

Smart man

True, but I never carry much cash, 99% money is in federally insured banks. Im not saying bitcoin is bad, I have some. It has pro's and cons, the private key issue is a big one. Hoe many people lost millions/billions by loosing their keys when btc was 0.01 and they had 1000s?

>being this mad
>at a digital coin
>on a Sri Lankan basket weaving forum

Congratulations you made $600 over the course of 8 months

>be me
>on Sup Forums
>2010
>people talking about bitcoin
>download and let it run for 2 months straight on 2 different computers
>mine 8200 BTC
>sell out early
>could have had nearly 100 million dollhairs

I've invested 4,500.
I've made 18,500.
Make a little more than 6,000 a year.
I'm new to it, but I've made some legit money off of it. Investing mainly in hashrates held by a veriety of companies, Genesis Mining, OXbtc, and in a couple of friends in pools. The other side was making connections with guys who will buy at the right price. Sell of 3 times a month or so. Killing it.

>buy high sell low

you fuckers are both wrong. We don't buy anything, we raid and loot

Got into IOTA at 0.7 on the 24th.

Doubled my investment in a week. So far so good.

That's why you don't cash out all of them. You sell 70-80% of your holds if you think the price is nice, but you'll at least have a chance for extra profit if it keeps mooning

not the guy you are replying to
Its kind of a good thing some people lost their key, It means its impossible to drop to zero now.
I have heard rumors that 25% has been lost due to people losing/deleting their wallets

where/how can I buy some?

Coinbase is good for beginners

Still got 20 left, and 600 litecoin

rofl you piece of stupid filth just an hero already... obviously never heard of bittrex or tenx have ya?

By clicking a few buttons and sitting on his ass. That is absolutely worthy of congratulations; If it wasn't, you wouldn't be crying in this thread. If he found out about blockchain technologies on Sup Forums you could even argue that his visits to Sup Forums made him some money, whereas yours have done what exactly? Costed you money in electricity and time? Yeah, congratulations. Douchebag.

I'm mining monero now, Transfer it to bitcoin/Ethereum. I keep about 50% in BTC, 20% in Ethereum, 20% in Monero, and the other 10% in random alt coins hoping they will moon.

you can have as many wallets as you like.

1 on your phone with ~$100 (or how ever much "pocket" cash you want), another with $2000 as your checking account, and another in cold storage with your life savings.

>600 LTC
Damn, I'm jelly. You planning to cash out?

Shits been stagnant as fuck, I want it to go above $1000 but it probably will never happen

Only in crypto could we call litecoin stagnant. It was $4 USD exactly 1 year ago.

switch to ETH. much better, imo

its gone from 60's to around 90-100 in the last 30 days.. yall need to be patient. Being greedy is how you get fucked over by all this.

>Doubled in price over the last month
>Wasn't worth dick a year ago
Hurr durr so stagnant. I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Missed out to make cash with bitcoins but I recently bought 10.000 IOTA. So not this time, fuckers! Future billionaire

since we're on the topic of bitcoins, anyone heard of NiceHash?

idk why, but it crashes my PC when it's "taking a look". anyone know any other methods to mine?

Same here. Bought like $80 and have about $230. It’s just fun to watch the number change.

Could mining isn't very profitable imo

You're better off building a rig to mine altcoins that you can sell into BTC or ETH

And what the fuck do you think world governments will try to do? They'll try to either find a way to tax it or they will consider it a useless currency, making your precious Bitcoin worthless

nicehash mines different types of coins (depends on your rig) and pays you in BTC, iirc

They already consider it a worthless currency and have given it little to no credibility for most of it's existence. Digital currency is no different then anything else in that it's value is exactly what the market will pay for it.

Hindsight is 20/20

WEll I just pulled out 1400$ in alt coins becuase another "correction" is about to hit.

By 1800 UTC we'll be back down to the 9400 range...then its time to buy back

>they will consider it a useless currency
irrelevant

>find a way to tax it
they'll try

what about santander they are a spanish bank and dont have jews on their list of directors

is bitcoin a fascist currency then? I am down with that yeah i like the that - so does Barclays bank accept bitcoin as they are antisemites with a lot of anti-israeli dealings. I dont even mind palestinian banks they would suit me just as well. Pretty sure the jews dont work for palestinian banks so yea let me have that list - just one bank would do it

in your hand currency is harder to trace then bitcoin.

In the future illegal shit will be handled with cash because it'll be less traceable.

You can see every transaction ever made since 2009 on the block chain

but all you really need to do is have places accept it as currency... so like newegg, overstock, subway all accept it already so there is purchasing power there.. As more and more people start to use it more corporations will notice that they are missing out and become accepting of it.

>I literally cannot stop chugging dicks.
the post

Mcafee said he would eat his own dick if it doesn't hit 1,000,000/btc by 2020.

He made a program with algorithms of current trends and most scenarios point to it going over 500k by 2020.

> fiat money backed by the economy of an entire nation is bad
> meme currency in the cloud is better
It's going to be so funny when buttcoin collapses

correct, that's why Monero exists

In that case, what will happen if governments ban BTC purchases to happen from inside their borders? For example, an American company is not allowed to accept Bitcoin as a currency or else they get massive fines?

wow i would like to se4e that in a rekt thread - this is gonna be awesome so when will he be eating his own cock is there a date for that, i am a cannibal is there any way of hooking him up for me so i could help him out - I havent had fried human cock for ages

thank you
where do Pros buy them?

I'm in the UK where SEPA transfers exist. I also use the exchange BitStamp

I needed some extra cash this month for Christmas so I used changelly to transfer soem alt coin gains into XRP (Becuase it take 3 secs for a transaction on the ripple network), Then sell on the exchage, Sepa transfer fee is 0.90 Euro, if done by 9 in the AM its same day, if later then next business day my money is in my bank acct....

lrn2Technology nubs

if you have BTC for 4k I'll buy it transfer it over to my exchange where its 10800 right now and sell off and just go back for more.

arbitrage trading ftw

Mcaffee is also fucking retarded and loves to talk out his ass

That would be a very difficult ban to enforce. Also, a lot of governments in places like Asia seem to be moving the other way and are accepting BTC/LTC for daily transactions. Right now in America, we're not allowed to purchase token ICO's legally, but it's insanely easy to do so and damn near impossible to enforce.

I think that a government ban would certainly spread FUD and would cause the wave to roll back as new traders pulled out but ultimately BTC would probably continue to grow and exist in other places.

GPU mining is currently the best you can do without buying bitcoin mining hardware thats 1000s of dollars and uses a crap ton of power. There are some pretty informative subreddits. I use NVIDIA 1060s because I can dial their power down to about 60 watts without a drop in hash rate.

How is the government going to ban 2 computers from talking? American Government cannot force a company to accept certain currencies. It would be unconstitutional. Companies in my area take pesos because we have so many illegal aliens.

Ty for your post it has put my minde at rest as I am over 83 years old and it is re4freshing to me that your post reads like it came from a lovely lovely man who doesnt mind if anyone THINKS he is gay because he knows that he is completely heterosexual. Big hi 5 to you for that, as I am gay and hide it like a 15 year olde gay bastard hiding his beef cake stash from his mom. so ok Yesterday i tried to sell one bitcoin for 23 dollars and all i got was accusations that I must be a jew trying to undermine the most best hitler lovin currency ever. it kind of put me off a bit and so i bought South african rand

winrar

He is literally making billions with his mining equipment

Don't be a day trader. Don't invest in altcoin. Don't spend your bitcoin on drugs. Don't lose your private key.

These have kept me relative safe.