I lost my job yesterday after 13 yrs of loyalty, ask me anything

I lost my job yesterday after 13 yrs of loyalty, ask me anything

If you had any goals / dreams in life now is your chance.

Lay offs or did you deserve it?

Laid off or fired?

If it's a layoff, congrats, meng! I was laid off after 8 years and it worked out pretty well.

Why do you think loyalty to your employer entitles you to loyalty from them?

Do an Ames

how were you loyal?

i had to pick my son up but work tried making me stay later than my agreed finish time despite me telling them i have child care arrangments in place, so i finished work without instruction

im just a number to them, like everybody else

is english your first language?

in every day, worked shitloads of overtime, 60 to 70 hrs a week to provide for my son etc, but the minute i ask for my finish time, they refuse, i have to stay later which fucking pissed me off

wow do you like sucking on corporate dick?

yes, uk born

no, i have a kid so i have to provide, i hate my job with a passion but im a responsible dad and have bills to pay

I work in the corporate office at my company, laborers suck my dick.

well i guess someone has to eh

to be honest, im appealing the decision, i might lose my house as a result if i dont get my job back

Are you Brad's Wife?

That's fucked. I'm not the owner at my place, but damnit I never require anyone to work thru lunch or after their punch out time. Fuck sometimes I tell them to head home and I'll finish the thing up.

What industry?

bus driver, i have a court order for access to my son but they wont give me flexible working hours even though its the law and my right, i had to finish work to pick up my 3 yr old son yet they told me to carry on through heavy traffic du to 3 accidents and 1 fatality on the motorway, i refused, ive since been fired

dude, time to look for another job...forget loyalty to the employer, there is only loyalty to your family. You didn't marry the employer, did you? fuck them all

That blows OP. If it's the city, with any luck they have one of those "can't fire for no reason" policies. Friends coworker ended up getting fired from the University, he got it repealed, but they already hired his replacement, so the guy just sits there watching YouTube on taxpayers money. #LivingTheDream

no, nut its a job that pays well, i guess im naive in thinking id get the same level of favors back that id given in the first place, especially when it comes to child care arrangements, my ex is constantly threatening me with not seeing my son because i have to work on some of my weekends when its my time to have him, as much as ive asked work for flexible working hours, they can only put me on certain rotas ( so they say ) yet there are people, ie a female that gets special duties for child care, so why cant i get the same treatment, ive asked 3 times now and got the same response, even though ive told them i have a court order for child contact, they still wont budge.
So on friday when i needed to finish on time, i gave them 5 hrs notice about it but then they try and get me working later than my shift time, i took the bus back to depot and cashed in then went and got my 3 yr old son from a house where my ex dropped him off, she had gone back home which is 80 miles away so i couldnt contact anybody to say il be late if i did decide to finish late, i panicked about not being able to pick him up, the traffic was horrendous that day due to accidents on the motorway and i feared i wouldnt finis till very late and not be able to pick my son up at the agreed time.
I dont know the girl whos house my son was at, i just know how to get there, but i didnt know if she would tell my ex about it and my ex is constantly threatening me with not seeing my son etc, so yeah i panicked and left work to pick him up.
As a result, i was suspended for two day and then fired yesterday.
Ive got an appeal and i really need my job back or i might lose my house because ive got no money to pay the rent next week.