ITT: Albums that feel like America

>no ass

>inb4 hurrrr its actually critical of ameriba!!

criticism of your country is patriotic

are there any concept albums about substandard health care? if so, that

childhood incoming

my high school law teacher would hate you

Why's that, buddy?

>criticism of your country is patriotic

ok

t. antifa shill

>blind acceptance of a government that does not act like the values your country is supposed to stand for is patriotic
Enjoy the loss of freedom and the subversion of the word then

why did you quote me? I said ok

>America was a bastard. The illegitimate daughter of the mother country

true. This is what Sweden is like

>babby's first criticism
>waahh shills

mmmmmmm...mmmmmmmm...mmmmmm....mmmm...mmmm...mm..mm....mmmmmmmmm

He’d say you’re missing the point of the album. It’s a heartland rock album; the themes on songs like Glory Days, Darlington County, Working on the Highway, etc. are evocative of the Midwest, the Plains, and the South, the domain of the blue-collar, working class, conservative Americans, but not the (sub-)urban Coasts. He’s say you’re ignoring the fact that the Coastal folks are Americans too. The themes on songs like I’m on Fire and Dancing in the Dark aren’t uniquely American; they’re primal feelings that people feel across cultural and societal boundaries. He has a problem with Born in the U.S.A. being played at ceremonies for Vietnam vets because the song is about the hardships that they were subjected to when they came back and it’s supposed to stir feelings of anger and disappointment in their treatment.
While it may sound like the heartland, it doesn’t represent all of America, and no one sound can define the country as a whole. He happens to be a Midwestern conservative.

Fishmans - Old Boots New Dirt

You ain't wrong.

Workingman's Dead or American Beauty

I'm a right-winger you knob. Keep projecting and mind-reading though.

Whatever plays on the Mexican Radio station

>the domain of the blue-collar, working class, conservative Americans
Working class, blue-collar Americans aren't relegated to any one, particular region within the country
>but not the (sub-)urban Coasts
You know Springsteen is from New Jersey, right? He grew up in a suburb on the Jersey shore. He writes about this constantly in all of his work. Not the south, not the midwest, literally a coastal suburb. His largest fanbase is in New Jersey
>He’s say you’re ignoring the fact that the Coastal folks are Americans too
Implying "feeling like America" requires "feeling like ALL of America". And again, Springsteen was from the coast
>The themes on songs like I’m on Fire and Glory Days aren’t uniquely American
Implying "feeling like America" requires "feeling EXCLUSIVELY like America"
>He has a problem with Born in the U.S.A. being played at ceremonies for Vietnam vets because the song is about the hardships that they were subjected to when they came back and it’s supposed to stir feelings of anger and disappointment in their treatment
Implying criticism of one's country is somehow un-American. Sure, you can view Born In The USA as merely a critique of the USA, but did you ever think that Springsteen is writing about those hardships to bond with those that share them? As a form of solidarity? Brotherhood?
>While it may sound like the heartland, it doesn’t represent all of America
Again, implying "feeling like America" requires "feeling like ALL of America"

Try thinking about what you're told, and not following others' opinions blindly. Your law teacher is misguided

Can't get more American than this. Nigger does the hard work and privileged white guys take the credit while goofing off at the beach.