You have two options Sup Forums, what will it be:

You have two options Sup Forums, what will it be:
1. You get killed in your sleep and cremated but they make a perfect copy of your personalty and all your memory in some perfect virtual realty with life perfect for you lasting how ever long you want.
or.
2. Nothing change. You continue with you life and die eventually.

What would you chose Sup Forums:
strawpoll.me/14647064

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VqKY9o5igAI
youtube.com/watch?v=vBkBS4O3yvY
youtube.com/watch?v=JQVmkDUkZT4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post your reasons in comments

youtube.com/watch?v=VqKY9o5igAI

youtube.com/watch?v=vBkBS4O3yvY

A program is not a person. So option 1 basically means you die. Option 2 means you have the ability to turn things around if things are bad. Or stay the same if things are good.

7-7

Reason: Nothing happens.

So: 2. ?

Maybe life is happening the way I want it for as long as I want it to for

That's nice. But you will die one day...

What's wrong with that?

1. If it is nice, why to stop it?
2. It is not controllable. It could be at any moment so...

So basically what you're saying is be able to be in control of my own destiny in my own universe where I can do whatever I want?

Yea.

But you die first.

Can I be used as scientific research? Do I have any impact on the real world?

make a copy of me, but i myself would be dead while some other asshole gets the good life? how is this even a valid choice i would be fucking dead

I haven't think'd about it. How would it impact your choice?

Well it is not so simple for 43% of people.

youtube.com/watch?v=JQVmkDUkZT4

Well.
If I continue living my life, whatever.
If my existence within this universe has an impact on the real world, well than it's the same thing as actually being alive, except I get to be a being that gets to be the best version of myself.

You could make a very similar universe too.

Why would I do that if the life-forms in my universe where only an extension of myself though? They would never have real sentience, they would just be an alternate version of how I think. Like a dream.

>perfect virtual realty with life perfect for you lasting how ever long you want.
It would be like some kind of matrix. You could just adjust some variables to fit you best:

> Have a big dick
> Have a gf
> Still have some problems so you could fix them and grow

But you could still live here, do whatever... You know.. Like matrix

Didn't your original rules say that I could only stay alive and nothing change, or me die and go into a matrix kind of thing?

Yes, yes.

I guess I didn't understood you well.
>They would never have real sentience, they would just be an alternate version of how I think. Like a dream.

They could be as valid as you wan't

So I become a god of my own separate universe whilst also being able to be a part of this universe and fullfill any dream I have?

Nope. You would die in this one.

Well, semi god I would say. That was original idea. Like, you could chose starting point and all that. I guess i didn't wrote that precise enough

This is the exact plot of the Black Mirror episode "San Junipero"

But I no longer have any effect in this universe itself?

YOURE FUCKING DEAD, KIDDO

Yeah but how do I exist as a god in a computer that is effectively a universe within itself and still be dead at the same time? Didn't I die to get into this universe?

is my conciousness transfered?

>You have two options Sup Forums, what will it be:

What if I just hit the collapse button on your shit thread?

A perfect copy of my personality and memory is me for all the same reasons I am now.
If you're trying to argue that being perfectly copied kills you, then I've got bad news. You get perfectly copied and killed at every instant of time, due to how physics works already.
So if you don't have trouble with ceasing to exist and being copied at every planck interval, you shouldn't have any problem with having it happen one more time.
Even an imperfect copy is fine within certain tolerance, because you're subject the the brownian motion of being room temperature all day every day, all your atoms jiggling about randomly and noisily. So it takes more than that level of imperfection to do anything bad to you.

What the fuck did you just say about me, you little bitch?

What would be the point in that if I don't get to experience that? It would be like giving up my life for sone other user's happiness.

Fuck that guy.

It's recreated
pls no
i posted a link up there
Interesting argument m8. Point is that this problem situation should show how continuity is important aspect of existence. People don't think about it usually.
See:

Recreated by/with what?

very advanced futuristic looking computer

And that computer is existent within this reality that we are now currently in right now?

> Interesting argument m8. Point is that this problem situation should show how continuity is important aspect of existence. People don't think about it usually.
Except it isn't, and can't be, because you don't have continuity NOW. It's an illusion. And not one that will break just because you get teleported a few feet to the left, into the future, or into virtual reality, assuming you do a good copy job. You do get to experience it. The copy is you, for all the same reasons as the OTHER COPY you're pretending has continuity. Humans have some pretty naive intuitions, but anyone who's ever been put under in a doctor's office can tell you what it's like to have continuity break. And it's not a problem.

But the difference between this scenario and getting knocked out at the doctor's is that you are still physically alive and one in the same. What happens in this scenario is that your brain, which produces your consciousness never wakes back up, and you don't get to experience it, your 'personality' does. Unless you pull some avatar shit and put your spirit in that bitch, you only see black

Correct.
>because you don't have continuity NOW

That IS interesting argument.

Well then I'd be able to somehow interact with this world whilst also being a god.

> But the difference between this scenario and getting knocked out at the doctor's is that you are still physically alive and one in the same.
No, that you aren't one and the same isn't a difference. You're not one and the same in either situation. Physics doesn't HAVE a "one and the same". What happens in this scenario is that your brain, which produces your consciousness, stops being what produces it and something else in the machine does instead, and then you wake up. Just like how without being transferred to a machine, at every instant of time, your brain is quantum particles ceasing to exist entirely in one instant, coming back the next with no continuity, but still as a copy of you because it was copied from the last instant. Your thoughts continue mid-beat just as before without you noticing, because you noticing is a different thought. Dead-you is not a perfect copy of you.

this guy got it

Imagine that we had a group of aliens. These aliens never evolved sex, they still reproduce by binary fission like bacteria. Because of that, their organs are all sheets like paper, even their brains, so they can peel off one from the other without having any of their organs fail, each cell in their body dividing straight down the middle. When they reproduce, they stay fully conscious the whole time, their brains just splitting down the middle to make perfect copies while still running, and then being hungry after as they need more material to double their thickness again. You're gonna tell me these aliens have a continuity problem because of the fucking copy, even though they don't have to stop or turn off to make that copy? You're gonna line them up side by side and tell them which one is the original and which is the fake?

The perfect copy into a machine thing you're suggesting is exactly the same. Except instead of cellular division, you're giving me a digital prosthetic that does the same job. All of personality and thoughts are copied, and the data is exactly the same as what my brain does. I'm the one in the machine, not the dead guy on the table. And the dead guy on the table would agree with me if he wasn't dead, and I'd also agree with him if he weren't dead. We'd both be me. Just like how if you open two notepad windows, write the same thing in both, and save it to the same file, you haven't fucked it up.

2, I prefer be a hero

Sounds like someone's uncomfortable with the idea of being a clone.
Viva!

2. because we all know that the world we currently live in isn't real anyway