Still infinitely better than The Last Shithole

Still infinitely better than The Last Shithole.

I wouldn't know. It was the last Star Wars movie that I ever watched

For once, OP is correct.

Yeah the shit I took last night was better than the previous shit I took. Great argument, OP

YOURE GODAMN RIGHT OP

tlj is not a good movie with some good stuff
tpm is not a good movie with some very bad stuff

so no

found the stupid faggot bitch nigger

Nothing of consequence happens in The Last Jedi. The characters have no archs, they're in the same place by the end of the film as they were in the previous film.

Star Wars is about a farm boy who makes a decision to learn the ways of the Force in order to topple an oppressive regime all the while, he has to get powerful enough to face off against his patriarch. Eventually he ends up battling himself in an internal battle between good and evil. He ultimately chooses the Light and in doing so he saves his father's soul.

Disney Star Wars is about a girl who discovers she has powers. She's a good guy so....she goes out and fights a bad guy. Rey is good, because. Kylo is evil, because. Finn is comedic relief. Poe is a background character - there's lots of background characters who are of no consequence to the story. First Order vs Resistance: There is no reason for them to fight. Neither of them are in power. The Galactic Republic exists and carries on while these two groups pick each other off, inconsequential. In the final episode (part 9) Rey defeats Kylo and the Resistance defeats the Order. No consequence if they were to lose though because there is no reason established for them to fight. Yes, the Order had that death star but why then the Republic Fleet doesn't get involved.....cause plot hole?

And worst of all: The original and prequel trilogies both had love stories intertwined in the adventure.

This trilogy has no such thing. Yeah, there's flirting here and there but in the 3rd film, Rey isn't going to end up with neither Finn or Kylo Ren. She has no internal struggle of fighting against the man she loves or having to choose between her love for Finn and the Jedi code...etc. It's so....safe and vanilla under Disney.

you guys are absolute morons it was a great movie

Agree with OP. Actually I always like Episode 1.

It was a fun movie to watch.
>Good direction, acting, cinematography, graphics, etc
> Poor plot, underwritten characters
As a film it was okay. As a Star Wars film, it was closer to Spaceballs or Thor Ragnarok than it was to Star Wars.

H8ers gonna b8 m8

>The Galactic Republic exists and carries on while these two groups pick each other off, inconsequential.
The Republic was destroyed in The Force Awakens when The First Order incinerated the planet it was based on. So, no, not inconsequential.

I enjoyed Last Jedi, but Phantom Menace is a lot better

I would have liked episode one to be longer- the dynamic between Qui Gon and Obi Wan was great, and seeing the Republic before it fell was pretty cool. the podracing and gungan storylines were not great, but they brought a new generation of Star Wars fans to the franchise

Last Jedi had some good to great acting at moments, but doesn't add anything to franchise. Jakku was more interesting than any location in VIII. the most boring moments from Rogue One, or Empire are still better than the best moments from Last Jedi

hopefully JJ can build on what was set up, i don't think rian johnson will do a good job with a new trilogy,

Thousands of planets, destroy 5 and its enough to cripple it....okay. But then.....
The Last Order are but mere remnants of the Empire with limited resources. Resources they pump into this Star Killer Base.
So if the rebels destroyed the planet then would that not cripple the remnants of the Empire from a resource and economic point of view?
If destroying THE STAR KILLER BASE is inconsequential to the Last Order then how does blowing up 5 planets out of tens of thousands going to allow the conquering of the Galactic Republic?

I enjoyed the story shell of the movie, but the way it was executed and filled in SUCKED. That being said, the battle between Kylo Ren, Rey and the Elite Praetorian Guards was fucking great.

Even in The Last Jedi, Benicio Del Toro's character spells this sentiment out: how you have these two sides constantly blowing each other up and it means nothing but profit for the elites of the Republic.
Inconsequential.

anyone else hate the whole mary sue characters that hollywood has been shilling out for the last ten years or so? There is nothing interesting about the main character and her acting is very bad. Fuck the whole scene with luke drinking some semen from some sloth slugs nuts was just fucking weird

>the whole scene with luke drinking some semen from some sloth slugs nuts was just fucking weird
i haven't seen the movie, but this kind of makes me want to watch it

I don't know why anyone would expect good movies from JEWSNEY Now.

They have to much IP and their movies are fucking turds their games are fucking bigger turds Disney can fuck right off.

i didn't see it either i saw some leaks of it from china on the internet. Its pretty fucking weird looking. Like Mark Hamil makes a face like "ya i drank from some sloth slugs cock tits so what?" I don't want to give money to the people that ruined one of my fav movies

meant to reply to

Agree 100%, its on par with VI

you also have to question, that the "rebels" have had control of the galaxy for the last 40 years. yet the first order were not only able to gather the resources and men to turn a stationary planet into a base but bring it online and fire it, and build an army and a fleet all without any of them, leia, han or luke ever finding anything out.

Such incontinence on the part of government negates any justification for that government to remain in power.

TLDR - the rebels do not deserve to win.

Also YFW lando is the only original cast member disney won't kill off because BLM and Diversity.

Well, if by "the Republic" you mean the galaxy and all of it's colonies then, yes, the impact of blowing up 5 planets is not as devastating in the grand scheme of things, and would seem inconsequential. But what I meant is the government body of The Republic. The planet(s) we see destroyed in TFA housed the recreated Senate. So you had two federal bodies fighting for control of the galaxy, and The First Order destroyed one. That is pretty significant. I'll concede that TFA as a film did little to convey that information, and could have done a better job, but when one of two regimes are at war over which one controls the fate of the galaxy, and one is essentially nuked out of existence, along with its home planet, that's anything but inconsequential.

Besides, I wouldn't say that anything that happens in TFA is meaningless because the new Senate/The Republic were at least allies, or helped fund Leia's Resistance army. So in TLJ, that's why they're in such a tight spot with needing backup. Their usual backup was blown out of the sky.

As for Del Toro's philosophy, I guess you could make the argument that even after this trilogy concludes, and when Disney inevitably green lights another one, there will be another regime to battle against, but isn't that the point? Just as there will be battles of dark and light within the Force, wouldn't that also extend to humanity? Good and evil forces waging war over how to govern?

Idk, at the end of the day, it sucks you didn't enjoy it. I did. Nothing a random user on Sup Forums says can really change your mind so all I can say is I hope you Episode 9 more.

wow know any more curse words Billy?

I agree. I'm not sure what's more infuriating, the fact that they thoroughly killed star wars, or all the faggots fawning over it.

watch your mouth

respond to this post or your mother will die in her sleep tonight

GET

porg > jar jar
case closed

>the dynamic between Qui Gon and Obi Wan was great

wtf are you on about lol

trolls trolling trolls

>such incontinence