Why is hip hop generally so garbage? It's just a lot of wasted potential...

Why is hip hop generally so garbage? It's just a lot of wasted potential, there's not one good consistent rapper that manages to stay on topic without diving into some tropes
It's a juvenile and frivolous genre for kids

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dBP65-nl_uA
youtube.com/watch?v=MQOG5BkY2Bc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>caring about lyrics over the music

>hip hop
>music

you're listening to the wrong rappers my guy. Right now there are a handful below the radar who are making as good a hip hop as there ever have been. We may be entering a new golden age and the death of the soul sucking mindless trap of the last decade and a half. You just gotta know where to look and be in the know i guess

easy for you to say without naming anyone

this

oh sweet
a 4/4 drumtrack over some sample loop or shitty trap beat
thats fuckimg music
hes talking about fucking my bitch damn
whatever its the music that matters not the lyrics
so good and also nice

>starts thread with sam hyde pic
>complains something is for kids

>pepe

I could tell you, but first you must prove to me you are worthy with your top 3 rappers.

>hehe rap is not bad u are just a brainlet just try binary star and see if ur brain doesn't explode idiot lolmao

dumb frogposter

dass true doe, you juss eat shit from da fukken surface fukken closeminded cocksukka

MDE is family fun for all ages

>complains about sam hyde
>not a kid

it's just party music, no one cares to make anything good. Except Kanye, Kanye is good. And Kendrick is ok but overrated

>Why is hip hop generally so garbage?
Every genre is mostly garbage
>there's not one good consistent rapper that manages to stay on topic without diving into some tropes
Not true, and every genre relies on "tropes"
>It's a juvenile and frivolous genre for kids
So is Sup Forums tier humour like MDE

There is no rapper who concisely can express deeper thoughts than any poet already has. They're not even in the same realm. So what's the purpose of hip hop? To express the culture? The culture is toxic, romanticizes toxicity, and hasn't progressed in one single way as to help others. Billions of dollars spent on an industry that solely tries to sell the image of being a "badass" and all we have to show for it is a bigoted group that wants to stay in their poverty culture because they can't possibly imagine contributing to society in a meaningful way. The culture shouldn't be allowed to express itself until it's willing to participate in society

this

Found the butthurt rap fan. Rap is a joke

Rap is just a type of poetry. You might not like it, but it is.

wrong nigga, btw nobody cares about POETRY lmao, especially in english
english is a pathetic language and so is poetry in english lmao

I don't even really like rap that much, I'm just not a pleb who writes off entire vast genres because of their ignorance

Good post especially the ending

all this shit-spewing and no one has managed to point out that UK hip hop has been better for about 5 years now, if not before
youtube.com/watch?v=dBP65-nl_uA
although the chances of any of you being open minded enough to try it is laughable
also the people arguing for the validity of genre or vice versa you're fucking retarded

Only uneducated and toxic people don't care about poetry
It's not poetry. It doesn't express the human condition. It postures insecurely to make itself sound cooler than it is. That isn't poetry

Pffff pretentious pseud

What I am writing now is a poem
It might not be a very good poem
But it's still a poem

Incorrect. There are numerous examples of poetry that come from black cultures. Hip hop just objectively can't be described as poetry. Maybe slam poetry, which will often encorporate hip hop aesthetics, but even then, worthwhile slam poets are few and far between

If you class slam poetry as poetry, then why not rap?

Pff, pretentious pseud. it rhymes - it's poetry. it doesnt - it also is sometimes. hiphop is poetry whether you like it or not, you dumb closeminded pleb

>Production is so generic that producers brag about being able to make a beat in 5 minutes or less
The next wave is going to be "grime" which is just as bad as trap (since it is just trap with annoying Yuro accents)

I don't know. It's poetry but that doesn't mean any of it is good poetry.
Any period blood smeared on a canvas is "art" but that means nothing. Good art is what's rare and special.

wrong and pleb opinion lmao
also this decade's grime has more cultural significance than fucking CENTURIES of poetry in english, easily

you're just a pseud trash.

Grime isn't even hip-hop. Grime isn't a "new wave", Grime certainly isn't "trap with Yuro accents", that's specifically UK Drill.

Try to stop talking so much shit about stuff you're clueless about.

Because poetry expresses the human condition and doesn't deliberately pander to a falsified image of "badass". Poetry isn't fake. Poetry doesn't contribute to a toxic marketing culture

>i can't identify with having rhythm
>being aggressive
>hustling
>having sex
>liking women
>struggling
>pouring out your entire soul onto something

lmao cracker ass cracker can't hang. what the fuck else is new?

pull all the plugs

>Try to stop talking so much shit about stuff you're clueless about.
This desu.
Trap with Yuro accents, what the fuck? Did some middle school 40 year old Literature teacher stumble upon this board or what

retarded autistic definition of poetry, you sound like you're personally projecting and butthurt about hiphop for some reason

are you mad some highschool stacey passed up your le fedora tipping poetry intellectual self for some le shitty hiphop pretending jock or what? dumb fucken pretentious pseud cunt.

>early 90es black power album
>drum machine cranked up to 11 to sound good on ghetto blasters
>every kick is like getting punched into ears

Yes. Now tell me the difference between prose and poetry

What are you on about?
Why are those things inherent to poetry? It sounds like you just made it up.

If I write a limerick for a TV commercial, is that somehow not a poem any more?

Honestly this is like people who think modern art isn't "art" because they don't like it personally.

prose -
poetry - hip hop

You actually made me smile. Good job

>you're a trash
I'd tell you to speak English but you're defending rap so I doubt it'd do much good

dumb nigger

OY VEY HAHAH WOW YO'RE SO SMART HAHA WOOOO I BET YOU GET LAID A LOT THANKS TO YOUR POETRY appreciation HAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Boy
youtube.com/watch?v=MQOG5BkY2Bc
>medium-tempo heavy beat
>exclusively 808s
>skittering hi-hats
>sharp snare on every 3rd beat
>repetitive minor-key riff in background
>repetitive, rhythmic rapping

I don't know what it's called but that one that all the American normies love is literally Migos tier, complete with memes and ad-libs

Did someone say hip hop?

>Skepta

Of course...

Mate I'm literally telling you right now that grime is not the same as hip hop. I literally DJ grime among other genres every week. I know this stuff.

Just listen to me instead of thinking you're right.

you're talking to reddit richard dawkins kind of fedora autist man, dont waste your time famalamamalmalamlamlam

Because I like hip hop.

>skepta
no self-respecting grime fan has actually listened to this sellout kike neek since a long time ago (also he lost to devilman)
this man my g

I CANT GET JACKED FOR MY CHAIN AND WATCH

>i like traditional values american hip hop
god forbid you try something from a different country - japan, uk, aus, s.africa all have active hip hop scenes if you aren't too lazy to find them there's some real gems if you look

You're right, but you're also a frogposter. So fuck off.

Anyone have a good album for 94? I realized 'Do You Want More?' is in the wrong year.

ILL GET YOUR BODY PARTS AND REARRANGE EM LIKE A TRANSFORMER

YEAH
IM THE KING OF GRIME
AND I WILL BE FOR A VERY LONG TIME

elaborate

I AM THE MEET AND GREETER
HOT LIKE HEATER
VEGETABLE EATER

THOUGHT THIS WAS A CLASH ABOUT MUSIC
ALL OF A SUDDEN DEVILMAN YOU WANNA SPERM ON MAN
LIKE A TV YOU WANNA TURN ON MAN

Well he's a sellout because he doesn't make grime anymore, it's all trash-tier poprap now.
He lost to Devilman because he was repeating bars and using writtens from tracks and freestyles he'd already released. Devilman's bars were almost all fresh, and just better imo.

YOURE NOT READY
YOU BLACK SOMALIAN YOURE NOT READY
DONT EVEN OPEN YOUR MOUTH BLUD
BEFORE YOU SAY SOMETHING STUPID AND GET YOURSELF BURIED

Imagine posting this with a serious mindset

Its just way too limited as an artform.

You can be considered an impressive rapper either through multisyllabic rhymes or complex rhyme schemes, just going very fast, or by saying shit people agree with.

That's kind of it.

My question is, for a genre that values rhythm much more than melody or harmony, why is there so little rap with really out-there syncopation, or in weird time signatures?

IMAGINE NOT BEING ABLE TO RECITE 2056 GRIME BARS ON DEMAND ANY TIME ANY DAY

TALK ABOUT 0121 WHEN I KNOW SOME SERIOUS PEOPLE
IN SOME SERIOUS PLACES
I SAW YOUR SETTING IT'S BASIC
YOU TRY TO FAKE IT
DID A YOUTUBE VIDEO NONE OF YOUR GUYS IN THE BACK EVER SHOWED THEIR FACES
CAUSE THEY KNOW DEVILMAN DID SNITCH ON SOME SERIOUS CASES

I SAID SHAME ON SKEPTA
DEVILMANS BURNING A FLAME ON SKEPTA
COCK UP THIS SHOTTY AND AIM ON SKEPTA
AND THEN ILL WRITE MY NAME ON SKEPTA
SKEPTAS A BATTYMAN

you lost man im rich ur poor xD

yet you must know that the lyrics are key for any pop music. the instrumentation there exists for the sake of the lyrics

AY U LIKKL BATTYMAN MOOK TRY 2 TALK SHIT 2 DA FAMALAM YEH MANS GONA GET A SWIFT BURN LIKE BOWWWW

Alsop rock
Lupe fiasco's
Just listen to murals by lupe fiasco senpai.

those dudes are ancient lmaooo

they pseudo-intellectual nonsense-rappers fuckboi lmaooo fuck outta here wit yo backpack lil skaterkid lmaooo

Whenever I see sam hyde's face on Sup Forums, I make 5 slide threads on Sup Forums