Is it weird to go to a sporting event alone?

Is it weird to go to a sporting event alone?

I'm driving from Vegas to visit friends in San Diego and would like to go to a Ducks playoff game, but I can't get anyone to come with me and spend $100+ on a ticket.

When are you going? I'm going home to OC in early May. I'd go with you as all my friends have moved away. Haven't been to a Ducks game since the 2003 season when they lost to the Devils.

I went to my first Pens game with my then college roommate. When we got there we couldn't scalp tickets together so we just said fuck it and got seats in separate sections. Sat next to some like Italian gangster guys and the Pens beats the Flyers in a SO. It was great. Would do it again.

Thinking weekend after nextish, planning on staying with the friends over the weekend of the 6th/7th. Hoping to go to a game on the 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, or maybe 9th.

I don't start my new job until the end of May so I'm way flexible.

just bring a pen and notebook, write down notes during the game and people will think you're a scout

>spend $100+ on a ticket.

Holy shit, I didn't think Ducks had enough fans to justify paying over $100 per ticket. I figured they'd almost be giving them away. Impressive (for a Cali team)

Still nothing compared to Canadian ticket demand/prices tho.

Doesn't work during the playoffs unless you don't care about either team and even then, everyone knows that scouts sit up in the pressboxes

Depends on how charismatic you are. If you're a Sup Forums typical then you might be seen as weird.

Fellow ducksbro, Believe me, you will not be the only one in the arena that is alone, so it is not that weird.

There's some that are sub-$100 but I don't want to sit in the nosebleeds. I'm considering dropping $200 or so for a decent seat if I go solo.

I'm a really friendly guy and plenty normal looking. Not an unshowered autist.

I often go alone. Its not that big of a deal

>tfw Duck fans are so scarce that they have to go to games alone.

Why is hockey in Anaheim again?

i got 2 glass seats for ducks @ stars back in november but couldn't find anyone to go with me so i went solo. it felt awkward at first but i just had fun and talked to the random stars fans sitting next to me

>$100 a ticket
>can't find anyone to go with him

Hockey in America was a mistake

It's not weird to go alone. If you want to talk about the game you'd be surprised at how easy it is to strike up conservation with others around you if they're alone too

If I lived in the LA area it might be different - right now I'm asking someone to take a couple of days off work, and take a long road trip with me to San Diego, along with going to a playoff game.

What arenas have you been to?

I've gone to Nassau, Barclays, and prudential for hockey games. Went to the garden as well, but for the knicks

Was the arena nice? Because PPG arena looks pretty comfy

quack quack quack... QUACK QUACK...

come on...

QUACK!

I am a Pens fan but I love in NC so for game 2 against the BJs I drove up to Pittsburgh and went to the game by myself

I was drunk enough to where I didn't care and I socialized with the people next to me. Unfortunately they were guys that had gfs so I felt a little left out.

The game was great and after I wanted to go to a bar but all the ones right outside PPG were too populated so I wandered until I got lost on the Duquesne campus, then I just ubered home. I got depressed that I was too anxious to go to any bars with a lot of people in them

tl;dr - the game was great but after I felt alone

I've been to more football stadiums than arenas, but I've been to T-Mobile in Vegas, the Suns arena, Coyotes, Wells Fargo Arena, Thomas & Mack in Vegas.

I've been to five NFL Stadiums and will watch the Cardinals play in London this year.

Of the three arenas I've been to (Nassau, MSG and PPG) PPG is by far the best. But comparing it to the other ones I'd hard because they're old as shit

Yankee Stadium, new and old, Nassau, MSG for both Rags and Knicks, MetLife stadium for Jets, PPG, Spectrum Arena (Hornets)

Also Camp Nou and the Red Bulls stadium

Camp Nou was probably the worst because we didn't know they didn't serve alcohol and Barca got beat by a shit team

I've gone to Yankee stadium and citi field. And citi field is a lot better. It's much more open, and there's a sense of atmosphere. Yankee stadium just feels bland in comparison

And Barclays is total shit anyway.

Nassau was comfy as hell. Had center ice tickets for the last game against the jets. Felt good minus the lack of options of food, but it was still good. Better then the Barclays and it's dark corridors

Yeah, I could get 2 rows from the glass for like $30

I'm from Glen's Falls NY and Nassau really felt like the Glen's Falls Civic Center (where the Red Wings farm team used to play)

I live kinda close to the Barclays center, but it's still far. Brooklyn is a fucking mess anyway. Get them out and move them to Belmont stakes or citi field. The economic opportunities there are enormous, but deblasio will say the "evil" resettlement stuff

Football stadiums are pretty boring. They're usually the same or have some really awkward layout to it.

Baseball stadiums are worth your time. I'd love to just go all around the county and go to every stadium. They seem so different from eachother, except for suntrust. It's a clone of Camden yards

because otherwise the league would be cursed with another canadian team

>Cursed with another Canadian team

It's better then putting two hockey teams in the middle of the desert and expecting them to be good. I'd rather see Quebec and Regina then Vegas and Seattle

>regina
>supporting a hockey team better than seattle

nate silver pls go

At least that team would have more than a couple-dozen fans AND they wouldn't need the game explained to them.

It would be more logical then to put it in a city that barely cares for its baseball team and will leave the football team even when the game isn't over. They don't deserve a franchise that will fail forever

Do you realize how tiny, isolated and economically irrelevant Regina is?

Yep. And Winnipeg is similar. I'm only putting them out there because they seem like a good place to start, but it has to be good in order to get going as a franchise

Winnipeg's metro is nearly 4 times bigger than Regina's.

Going solo to these things can be either really awkward or really fun up to you really

Have a few beers enjoy the game talk to people near you but don't force it

Literally

NO ONE
O

O
N
E

will care except you, you'll feel pathetic when you see 75% of the people either with friends, their girlfriend, or their wife/family, but don't feel bad, it's perfectly normal.

Fucking this!

Arizona especially, what a fucking gong show. Just move that sad franchise to Seattle or Quebec already.

Honestly half the crowd will be wearing Oilers gear so no one will notice. Also it's a really quiet crowd.

True

Nah, I went to a Winnipeg Jets game alone this year because I was in my hometown for business and ended up winning the 50/50 draw. Shit was cash even though I looked like an autist on the jumbotron.

Pretty much, Winnipeg is at least an actual city. Regina is legit small, I think even Saskatoon is a bit bigger, Kek.

Shell out for Ducks game by yourself.

Take your friends to a Gulls vs Reign Calder Cup Playoff game for cheaper.

Ive been to a few MLS games by myself to check them out and it wasnt weird at all. Get a buzz before you go and don't act like some antisocial Sup Forums idiot and ur fine.