Is theirs the greatest sports rivalry of our lifetimes?

Is theirs the greatest sports rivalry of our lifetimes?

McGuire/Sosa is infinitely more important

They like each other though, its just the media is hyping it up more than it really is.

Maybe at the time, in retrospect it's just sad. The real answer is Bird/Magic.

strange how at first we thought Ronaldo was the alpha and Messi was the weird autist

I'm dead so no

>rigged sport for manchildren
>greatest anything

Good man yank, Ronaldo jokes about how his son prefers messi as a player. This "rivalry" is the media cashing in and both players being smart enough to not quell it publicly because they make money from it

>rivalry

What did the spic mean by this?

casual racism is not cool neet

Do you need me to translate it into Arabic?

Thank you for your contribution. Now we all would like you to stand up and leave.

I'm old enough to actually remember Bird vs Magic but the hype for McGuire vs Sosa was just insane. Stuff movies are made about. Tainted sure, but all 80s and 90s athletes were enhanced.

Mexican would be fine as long as you explain to me why there should be a rivalry between a mediocre player and a worldclass autist named messi?

CR7 not strong enough, he just got hyped and had a couple of moments

For the best rivalry you'll have to look for Federer-Nadal

You have to go back

Also pic related

>ugly mongol Finns
>greatest ANYTHING

take the proxy off, suomi

one sided feuds are not a rivalry, Ronaldo is not competitive in any aspect, not even in goalscoring.

i would like you to post the bear thread neet

>tfw you lived long enough to witness the souls of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi trade bodies

fpbp

no mentions of Roger Goodell vs literally everyone in the NFL?

Now I realize that I get to see the beginning and the end of the career of both CR7 and Messi, and that both teams will never shine as much or be as dominant as they were these past few years. And the only thing left of that will be just tapes and FIFA/PES videogames.

I feel old already.

I don't even know who those people are

This.
It's a shame that both teams and the media use both of them as weapons to sow discord between fans, instea of making an example of how two rivals playing at Barça and Madrid can like it each other and be friends.

This or Peypey-Brady, for the last 20 years at least.

This game was the chance for Ronaldo to somewhat even the score.

Barca seemed to be on the downturn and Ronaldo is crushing the Champion's League. He blew it though. Missed clear cut chances in El Classico while Messi beasted it and turned into an absolute God.

I'd still call it a rivalry though because both players clearly want to be #1. Ronaldo is ridiculously competitive and Messi's celebration after scoring shows that he believes he's #1. This was basically Messi proving the haters wrong.

You need to be 18 to post on this site, brah

I really dig that rivalry, but brady tended to always win in the regular season and manning would whoop him in the conference finals.

Not early on he didn't

Are we talking player vs player rivalries?

If so I'd go:
1. Peyton vs Brady
2. Ron vs Messi
3. McGuire vs Sosa
4. Federer vs Nadal
5. Crosby vs Ovechkin

Marquez - Pacquiao

>basebore

You mean his wife's son

Who is this peyton and brady?

People not mentioning

>Bird vs Magic

>White v Black

It was actually made into a broadway show

>thinking any sport other than football is actually relevant
burgers and a fucking leaf, please get out

>texas trying to talk to shit to actual countries
lmbo
Also the best rivalry is Pacquiao Marquez

I'm partial to the Pique / Ramos rivalry myself

>reject Texas says, in the American's thread

This.
Their rivalry continues on social media with butthurt and banter. Best rivalry in football

This one is fun too. I can see their interaction on the pitch today after Ramos was red carded being remembered for some time.

Federer - Nadal is clearly the most relevant sporting rivalry for years.

>finish hair genetics

atleast they're all tall and aryan

>will probably get nothing at the end of the season
>a-atleast he'll get the most goals award

>domestic sports

Jordan vs BBP

and this

Maradona vs Pele

Who?

Sensible opinions on spee?

He said sports

they didn't even play against eachother

>lifetime

>One is an autist who does not understand any sort of interaction outside of playing the game itself
>The other is a self-absorbed egomaniac who cares only for his wealth

I don't think either of them are capable of understanding the concept of a rivalry, much less engage in one.

It's funny because it's true.

Sans the wealth thing maybe, Ronaldo cares about status, money is just means to that.

Warne-Pietersen

>greatest sports rivalry of our lifetimes

>not Gryffindor v Slytherin
>not Stone Cold v The McMahons
>not Sup Forums v Reddit

that McGuire guy should be a terrible shitposter if he is able to compete with Sosa

hard work v. gifted

it isn't even really a rivalry

messi is objectively more talented, ronaldo is just a good poacher

Sup Forums vs Sup Forums

Federer vs Nadal is the only valid answer desu.

Mayweather vs Pacman was hype af until the actual fight

>He fall for promoter's work

Hard work, dedication, passion, skill, vs HGH treatments

nah

>fake media fueled rivalry that has almost no direct face offs except the shitshow that is the ballon d'or ceremony.
Stop caring about this. Pic related is an actual, genuine, rivalry. Messi-CR7 is pure bullshit.

Literally only know Sosa as in Chief Keef, ypu can't have the greatest sports rivalry if you're both literally whos

decent call

this

I really hate america and their domestic sports

Not even the greatest rivalry in "soccer" 2bh