St Kilda Saints def by Geelong Cats @ Etihad Stadium
Hawthorn Hawks def West Choke Eagles @ the MCG
>ANZAC Eve; Monday 24th April
Richmond Tigers def Melbourne Demons @ the MCG
>ANZAC Day; Tuesday 25th April
Essendon Bombers vs Collingwood Magpies @ the MCG; 15:20 AEST

who here /undefeated/

if you beat adelaide you guys are legit

Hope you went to a dawn service and/or march today lads.

I slept in m8, feels good as

Nice of you to join us.

'awks lads

was going to but passed out

WABA

Nah. Tiges will get a meme win against Adelaide, but that doesn't mean they're legit. They're legit if they can win a final.

who /undefeated/ here lads?

fuck all of you who thought Melbourne wouldn't choke, maybe watch more than this season sometime.

It would be nice if we could we get just one week where the opposition does not bring their absolute A game and once in a career performances from star players

>once in a career
Jack didn't get to be a 2 time Coleman medalist with a 6 goal performance being his best lad.

They'll probably just play like common Crims again, playing the man and outright trying to cause injuries knowing it's the only tactic keeping them afloat.

He hasn't done anything even resembling what he did yesterday for at least 5 years, let alone in the fucking wet

Thankfully he's been around longer than 5 years.

HEAVE HO UNNA

Can't wait for the tiger supporters to start hopping off the tiggy train lads.

Happens around round 7-9. Then they'll be asking for Dimma's head

yeah well I have news for you, that was a bullshit fluke win and your road gets alot tougher from here on out. good luck scraping into the 8

>implying real tiger fans don't understand the tiger process
Of course the train's gonna derail, but it'll be a beautiful derailing. They're the absurd heroes of the AFL.

lol k

GET ON WITH THE FUCKIN GAME YOU POOFS

They'll get in, they get to play both Carlton and Brisbane a second time

Sup /afl/, I've been a casual follower of AFL for years now (as in, I know every team, where they are from and generally how they are going, but not much more). Turns out I will be in Melbourne during May with my gf, and want to experience a game at the MCG but am not really sure which to pick of the following:

>Collingwood vs Carlton, May 6th
>Demons vs Hawthorn, May 7th
>Essendon vs Geelong, May 13
>Richmond vs Fremantle, May 14
>Collingwood vs Hawthorn, May 20

Any of these in particular that might have the best atmosphere/rivalry? I know this will be a dumb as fuck question to cunts who are already into AFL but oh well it's worth it for potentially one serious reply

>two capos

what did he mean by this?

just tune that top string down lmao

Dees v Hawks and maybe Essendon v Geelong

Depends how dons go next two weeks.

All afl games at the MCG are the same. All the fans are fairweather just like you so it literally makes no difference

Collingwood and Carlton has the best rivalry. Both teams are playing like shit right now and are desperate for a win. The crowd will be going insane.

>Going to a demons match for atmosphere

Tuning up can risk breaking.

Actually yeah I forgot. Could be a good game though.

This is the one i was leaning towards, problem is we also have a concert that night and kickoff for the footy is 2:30pm, not sure if we would be cutting it too close or not

Collingwood vs Carlton is probably the biggest rivaly of those game and will get the 2nd biggest crowd
Collingwood vs Hawthorn will net the biggest crowd if you want a packed house

But then all three of those teams involved aren't playing their best atm so who knows if they'll actually be good games

Collingwood vs Carlton
or
Collingwood vs Hawthorn

latter are the two biggest clubs in the AFL member wise and financial wise

Dees games have atmosphere mate, it's just the atmosphere of a funeral home.

>Crowd
There will be no crowd.

Essendon v Geelong has the potential to be the best if Essendon string some wins together from now until then.

>wants to attend game at the MCG only
>goes to concerts
>has a gf

Why are you faggots giving this normie piece of fucking trash serious replies. You should unironically kill yourself you normie cunt

posting more shitgle supporters lads

Please enjoy your time in >our city :^)

Did you see the old warplanes flying overhead?

I fully support taking this game off >us if >we disgrace ourselves yet again.

Lads, who have you tipped ?

Pizza guy just now

Bombers but it's a hard game to pick

Can't wait until next week. Iggles supporters on literal suicide watch.

Dons

Imagine being one of the pathetic sheeple who mindlessly follow big clubs like Collingwood and Essendon

Pies, could be very close though

Explain how it's more mindless than supporting any other club?

>essendon
>big club

KEK

>Celebrating a bunch of young men needlessly dying for wars which had nothing to do for Australia
>The blatant jingoistic nationalistic propaganda used to perpetuate a meaningless imagined community
>Taking pride in a 'nation' and its 'heroic' soldiers when the country has never needed to be fought for

Nah, let's celebrate those boys who were mown down in the middle east while the Brits sipped tea on the beach. That was really vital to Australia's nation-building.

are you living in an american sitcom m8? we don't fucking tip here, they get paid award wages just like anyone else

Got up at 5am to go surfing

If Daniel Wells pulls a hammy or something I might actually die. Just from the memes

Collingwood is the only bigger Victorian club. And it's marginal depending on how both clubs are performing.

I don't know if you can tell from the broadcast, but it's absolutely pissing down right now.

They are soft as fucking tissue paper I don't understand why, they have a relatively successful history and were in the GF in '15 they're acting like they are legitimate fold watch

I let him keep 10 cents change mate

Why do they always have the two shittest teams play the ANZAC game every year?

>trumpet intensifies

Dangercunt please

Which part of Brunswick do you rent a room in mate?

KEK

Collingwood will 100% win this match. Rain cancels out their weaknesses (no KPPs, especially forwards), poor skills (everyone's skills are shit in the wet) and accentuates their strengths (good inside midfield and dangerous small to medium forwards).

The call that saved /afl/

>Gay sailor singing NZ anthem
Standard Vic shit

No

>tfw NZ's anthem is superior to ours
>also sounds like a Christmas carol

Comfiest

>essendon
>second biggest vic club
tigers and hawks say no

North end between Sydney rd and Lygon street master race.

Happy ANZAC day eve m8s.

Turned on the telly just in time for the anthem(s) lads

How many BF posts do you think get shared to Twitter and FB? Seems like a needless feature and a futile attempt to integrate into the social network sphere.

>west choke shitgles
LMAO

>Hawthorn
Absolutely no where near Essendon. Their crowds plummet when they're not good. 28k against WCE already last week.

>Richmond
Bigger than Hawthorn definitely. Historical crowd figures say their behind Essendon and Collingwood though.

Not much, I wouldn't think.

>Singing the NZ anthem
>For a country that pulled out of the ANZUS alliance and has become pacifist but still likes to provoke nuclear powers

Fuck that guy is dark. Almost no difference from the black on his guernsey.

Very few. I imagine normies would only share shit that has wide appeal to their normie shit friends. BF posts are for hardcore fans/autists to legit sperg out and micro analyze the metres gained by a cunts left foot or something

Pretty racist m8

>Hawthorn
Their membership is bigger. As did yours from 2011 onwards. Also, 28k on Sunday? against an interstate club? at 4:40pm on a Sunday afternoon - the worst timeslot.

I think that we play the Hawks mainly in Tassie not at the G also as our matches are always low crowds.

Richmond: What crowd figures are you going on? They've got a larger membership than you also.
No doubt Essendon are back on the rise to the other big 3 but you're not there yet.

Fuck I'd kill for some fresh, soft ANZAC biscuits with my tea right now.

He actually turns dark purple when he gets hot

YAAASSSS, just won $150 on Daniher first goalscorer

>guernsey

Darker than midnight in a coffin

>ANZUS
>worth anything
It's pretty pointless.

that's how patricians spell it you utter casual

>the city of pies defense

Wet weather footy is just comically bad to watch. Why don't they do something to make the ball easier to handle when wet?

>Racist
No it's not. Any racism is in your mind. The comment is the equivalent of saying "Fuck that guy is tall. He's almost as tall as the door frame".

These players are literally like war heroes going into what can accurately be considered analogous to the war-torn battlefield. Two sides go in and only one comes out victorious, just like in war, and the winner is Australia because 'straya, it wins its wars. The winner earns the honour and pride of the nation, defending its sovereignty from the evil invaders!

Yeah there goes my 9/9 for the round

Same lad.

Last time I tip the fucking pies

>being a 'patrician' for a game about throwing a ball between some sticks

>Dry football at the dome
>3.19

>Pouring rain at the G
>3.0

who needs enemies when you have citizens like this

Like what, add magnets?

Does that mean we can hand the losers over to the russians?

>find chips in cupboard
>"you beauty"
>use by 12 may
>open bag
>smells funny
>eat chips
>tastes awful
>use by 12 may 2011
Rip me lads