To whoever works at Google here...

To whoever works at Google here, please stop exposing normies to 70s and 80s Japanese music this was the only unique thing I've had to listen to over the last 4 years since shoegaze blew up among normalcools, why are you doing this to me ?

Just shill vaporwave instead since none of them will dig deeper into that to find the source.

You realise recs are based on YOUR searches right?
I doubt Google is shilling Japanese funk to Taylor Swift fans

I'm not signed in and have seen this when using other computers that I wasn't signed into.

You don't need to sign in

Please be joking.

google knows its you buddy

When I'm on other computers I've never signed in on?

> being this much of a clueless virgin pre-teen

fucking kek

Well at least we know for certain what the worst type of music fan is thanks to this thread.

if you search for things, future search results and recommendations are based on your history, and this persists until you clear the browser data

also no one at google is deliberately deciding to promote specific things; they appear more readily in people's recommendations because they're getting a spike in traffic

Yeah I get that (although I'm still confused about the lo fi hip hop streams since I've never used youtube for that) but what of when I'm using computers at my university's library or that belong to professors?

Severely doubt the latter are listening to city pop.

if there's a google search history on that computer of anything related to music, probably that shit is going to come up

the lo fi hip hop shit got enough hits that it's shown up in the recommendations of everyone in the universe

it's not even city pop in general (there's plenty of other shit that's still as obscure as ever), it's just the two or three that are trending the most, then if you click on one you'll get a bunch more

Worse than Reggaeton?

I've seen a lot of similar ones. I'm pretty sure it's because nobody's streaming other shit, especially with the same kind of imagery

>He thinks its just account related

At least those guys don't think the music gives them status.

Most people on this board are ignorant to what that is unless they have lived in Florida some time in the past 17 years or are from Latin America. I guess they don't know how trash music can be.

It could be worse like Schlager.

MUH SEKRIT KLUB

OP is right. I don't usually listen to music on YouTube, my reccs are mostly movie and
game reviews and analysis. But recently it started showing City Pop, Vaporwave and
japanese music overall, even though I never searched for it.

I'm not complaining tho. This thing got me intp Ryu Fukui, and some City Pop artist
like Anri and Mariya Takeuchi. I liked City Pop because it's really easy to listen to while
studying or working.

I'd rather have weebs contained on YouTube than anywhere else

CHILL HIP HOP STUDY VAPOR BEATZ MIX is always in my recommendations whether I'm signed in or not, despite having never listened to any of it

Where do you think you are?

I don't work at Youtube, but I always thought it was because, based on my viewing history, the Youtube AI has put me in a cluster that contains other young 20 something Sup Forums-browsing music fans with weeb tendencies, i.e people from this board. Youtube then gets lazy and gives the same Scenery/Cassiopeia/Insatiable High recommendations to everyone in that cluster indiscriminately.

>if people are aware of it i can't like it waaaaahh
this is an 18+ website buddy

Jap Jazz Fusion is probably the best thing I've come across on yootoob this year

Get into Japanese Avant Wave, then.

This is it. Indicate an interest in music, and the search algorithm does the rest.