Who wants to read how I fucked myself? Now I am a single parent, because I can't get over a drug addict

Who wants to read how I fucked myself? Now I am a single parent, because I can't get over a drug addict.
dadliife.wordpress.com/

don't ask my why I still care. i don't know. The censorship is, she was doing drugs, smoking and drinking while pregnant as well.

Did the kids turn out alright?

Thankfully yes. The one she did 3 capsules of aderall, and 10 tablets a day with. He is REALLY REALLY though.. He is one, but really smart. I am terrified of long term effects though..

REALLY REALLY quiet*

Sorry, can't type to save my life right now

Yeah, all you can worry about now is trying to provide him with the best, most bullshit free, childhood as possible. It's definitely tough when you have so much else going on in your life though. I wish you the best, man.

Thank you. Just kind of shit I had to get off my chest. Thanks for reading.

im sorry user. sounds like you need to stay away from her...

Start smoking weed. It’ll help you kick the addiction to whatever drug you’re on. Weed itself isn’t addictive and it would ruin your life.

My head says the same thing, but my heartache is just terrible. All I wanted was a nuclear family. I really wanted it to work. I sacrificed everything I had...

I'm not on any drugs, she is. Taking ADHD meds, even while pregnant. Actually she will take just about anything...

Your family is your children now. They're the ones that need you. I know it's hard, but you gotta remember that, and never anything else get in the way.

I am, they mean the world. But is it right to just push the mother out, or give her another chance? (if she does even stay truthful to the dating thing..)

Honestly if you don't love your children enough to keep them away from their mother (who has clearly chosen drugs over the well-being of her offspring) then you might as well put them in foster care or find someone to adopt them.

Whatever harm she did to the kids, remember. Be angry with her for how this negligence affected them, and use that emotion to fuel whatever decisions are necessary to give the kids a good life. Police, Child Protective Services, whatever your sound mind and conscience leans toward.

She is giving me child support now, but my doctor wants me to press charges..

There was a reason you, not her, were given custody of the kids. Her actions have shown that she's not suitable to be a mother at this point in her life. I think that is a valid reason to keep her at a distance.

I'd consider it. I know loving someone can make decisions lile this unbearably hard, and ultimately it's your life, but if those kids are harmed while you're waiting around you're just as responsible.

But what would pressing charges even accomplish? Wouldn't it just ruin her life even more??

maybe it'll help. maybe it'll get through to her. maybe not.
either way, she deserves it.

It's so hard for me to hurt someone I care so much for, but my mind knows you are right. My heart just keeps getting in the way

dude i was in the same boat. i bought a house paid for rehab and tried to support this heroin addict bc she was a good person. it left me broke , back w my parents, and she was cheating on me. i still miss her, i do still love her its fucked up to say. but i know to never get back with her. its fucked up bro but you have to move on. It took me a while to realize this but its necessary

I'll raise it for you.

This is exactly what I am worried about, user. I think personal experiences like this never end up good. I guess I was just hoping I could hear at least one happy ending...

I love my children, and will raise them right. I will never give them up, and make sure they are provided for the best that I ever can. I could never give them up, they are all that I have to live for..

Let me get the tl;dr version and then we can chat

Weed is absolutely addictive. Why would you spout that bullshit? It may not be the same way an opiate is but any regular habit can become an addiction. The key is identifying the issue. And i dont subscribe to that AA "im powerless" bullshit. Those people use God as the catalyst to get clean but it isnt done Biblically. You do have the power to conquer addiction no matter how bad. Only you are responsible for your life. No one else. Come to terms with that and realize f
That people have overcome so much worse. Then start the battle.......didnt mean all that to you specifically

Love =/= accepting or enabling the behavior. You dont have to completely remove her from your or your kids lives in order to put your foot down. She may choose that, but kids need their mother, no matter how bad the addiction gets theres still a bond there and she must love them even if her addiction wins out. Give it all to Jesus. Faith is a unique and powerful thing but it is more delicate than your emotions. If you can surrender her to God and really trust Him to change her heart, you could see a miracle. But the moment you doubt that she can change or doubt that God has the ability to fix this, well then everything up to that point is deflated like letting go of an untied balloon

Pretty much I lost my job because she was taking my ADHD meds I needed to focus at work while she was pregnant to the point of where it's a blessing the kid is alive, let alone healthy. There is just a lot of emotion put into the article that I wanted people to take into consideration. Plus I caught her talking to another man, and she stayed over his house a couple times

I'm not religious, but I really wish I was right now..