I am interested in whisky but i am a noob. I would like to try out japanese whisky because it is highly recommended...

I am interested in whisky but i am a noob. I would like to try out japanese whisky because it is highly recommended. Can anyone give me advise on what to try out?

Also general whisky thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Isle-Jura-Superstition-Whisky-70/dp/B001GLO882/ref=sr_1_29_sspa?s=alcohol&ie=UTF8&qid=1516109939&sr=1-29-spons&keywords=whiskey&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bumping.
I'm not much of an avid whiskey drinker but usually i enjoy the smoked whisky. They can have a smooth but burning sensation with every sip and it just feels bliss. i don't know much about jap whiskey but i would go on amazon and look for Scottish whiskey.
here is a good one
amazon.co.uk/Isle-Jura-Superstition-Whisky-70/dp/B001GLO882/ref=sr_1_29_sspa?s=alcohol&ie=UTF8&qid=1516109939&sr=1-29-spons&keywords=whiskey&psc=1

the Japanese make scottish style whisky and american type whiskey. if you like the smokey stuff, then you probably want scotch. they have less wood there and burn peat to dry the grains for making whisky. once you find what you like in scotch, then you have a better idea of what to buy for japanese whisky.

Any good scotch suggestions.

Whiskey, you inbred fuck.

scotchy scotch scotch

only if your from burgerland or a irish gypsy tard.

I have only had one jap whisky, Nikka from the barrel. This whisky needs to be diluted a bit cause it's 51%. Sweet taste, vannilla, chocolate like. Quite tasty. If you want it smokey you should go for a scotch.
I'd reccomend Lagavulin. Also Talisker, Oban, Glenlivet but these are a bit easier.
Just buy some and build up a collection.

thanks for the laugh

Try scotch instead you weeb

Thanks for the suggestions. Will note them down.

I reccomend

Yamazaki,Hakushu,Chita(Chita is weak and suitable for highball)
GlenDronach,Macallan

they are reasonable but have high quality.

I would recommend Johnny Black as an affordable jumping off point. There's much better out there, but no sense wasting money on something you may not like
>weeb shit
No

Yamazaki, Hibiki, some other Suntory's are tasty, but I'd skip the rest and stick with Single Malt Scotches if you want to refine your palate.

Not all scotch is smokey or peaty . Your hugely mistaken here.

And for OP some off the shelf whiskey to try to start with are.

Chivas regal 12yo ( not to expensive reminds me of fruit and nut bars )

Talisker 10yo (very salty, very peaty, very smoky.. if you like cold smoked salmon you'll love this !pair then together )

Haig gold label ( order online for this classic scotch taste fantastic super easy to drink and very mellow almost toffee flavour )

Remember taste straight first and then add a tiny drop of water and it'll open the flavours up and stop it feeling so harsh on an inexperienced mouth

Single malt and bourbon are like entirely different beverages

If you get the Japanese whiskey, you should understand that whenever you hear an American talking about whiskey, it's not what you have.

Im not op infact all these are me.

uk fag gtfo

Talisker, Ardbeg, Lagavulin

oh and of course

Daily reminder that single malt scotches are a meme. All the finest whiskeys are blends.

k

>recommending lagavulin to someone who hasn't had scotch before
>what

Start off with something easy like glenmorangie and see how you like it before moving onto smokey whiskies

Hibiki (21years old) is speciall.The best one.

How so?

with scotch there is the general difference between Highland (more brandy like) and the smoky rich Islay types. To me most Highlands taste the same. Talisker though is my best bet for Highlands. Smokies: Ardberg and Laphroaig all day, every day.

>whiskey
yeah ok

most people would hate whisky for life if the first thing they tried was laphroaig or lagavulin

any recommendations for a smoky/peaty japanese whisky?

only had the one in the pic from a friend so far, but that was too sweet iirc

Japanese alcohol is weaboo bullshit.

Whiskey/whisky/scotch/giraffe piss is shit anyway, like drinking vodka and biting a piece of wood afterwards. I'd prefer just the vodka parth thank you very much you pretentious fucks.

wow im surprised at how normal this Sup Forums thread is
get it together fags

Actually i think the first time i tried whiskey my dad gave me some laphroaig. Tasted absolutely foul now two years later i can't get enough of whisky.

16yo confirmed put your dads alcohol away son and go study

Fuck off. Pretending to like something that objectively tastes like shit does not make you a man. Go fuck a horse.

Anyone every tried one of the more pricey Laphroaig editions? Are they worth their money?

No alcohol actually tastes nice. You condition yourself to like it over time.

you felt the need comment in a thread about whisky which you hate just to show off how much you hate it and were the pretentious ones. KEK

Jap whiskey is ok if you like lowland drink.
Most IMPORTANT question OP...
Do you like the smell of fire?

I've never had any Japanese Whisky but for Scotch I usually recommend Bunnahabhain 12yo, Glenfiddich 15yo and probably Auchentoshan.

Here's a list of classic malts.
I want to have all of these eventually.
Look up ralfydotcom on youtube for good reviews.

LOOK !! I know how to post a gif !!!! I can INTERNET !!!!

>adds random letters to words for no damn reason
>removes random letters to words for no damn reason
>englesh anglish angleish ungleishe
double nigger faggot confirmed

Who the fuck tanks vodka then chimps wood?
Stop making shit up user

Bit of an oxymoron isn't it?

I love fkng wiski

And liking a whiskey doesn't make you pretentious either.
Hopefully you see my point now.

Not everyone can taste the different flavours in whiskey all my misses can taste is pure alcohol whereas I can taste a variety of flavors then there's people who can taste more than me. It is all subjective.

If that's the case explain why I enjoyed the taste of whisky the first time I had any

Pls leave

Kek

Nobody you idiot, but if you like whisky you might as well. Cunt.

Because you wanted to like it, creating your own right of passage .... plus you're a nigger

How old do you think i am user, this is feeding my ego.

Niggers can only afford malt liquor or meths anyway

This Scotch Whisky

You are not ready.

Seven and three quarters sweetheart

I get you user...
Nobody likes a whisky snob.
But anybody could taste the difference between highland, lowland, or island
This is objective fact

Why should I leave?

Yet they work so whats there to get mad about. Just calm down that superiority complex user.

The best whisky/whiskey is made in Tennessee. I recommend George Dickel 12 year, Cumberland cask, Chattanooga whisky 1816, and if you want something a little sweeter Jack Daniel's Tennessee honey

Im pretty sure I didn't want to like it and I'm very much white...

I've had this and agree 100%

Op here, thanks for the answers so far

Ever heard of the subconscious Caucasian cunt ?

Kek

Stick to weed.
Live long and prosper.

Is it so difficult to understand that other people have different tastes to you user.

For an affordable scotch go with a Glenfiddich 12 year. It is a really nice, smooth scotch. Be aware, whiskey is an acquired taste and you have to build up a bit to really enjoying the liquor straight. I've had the other's recommended to you and would say to go with the Glenfiddich over them. Remember to sip, not slug and keep in mind that you are drinking hard liquor. It will take less than you think before you start getting drunk.

That makes no sense it's not subconscious if I can see my skin is white, are you a bit brain dead there?

I like whisky !!!! HONEST I do !!!! Pleeease believe me 'nnn

Same user again

Not necessarily my brother can't taste the difference between any whiskey or different wines he just taste alcohol.

My misses can't really pick out flavours (also the alcohol level is to strong for her palate)

I took her to Scotland though and we did a guided whiskey tasting and when she added water she could taste the difference between each one and picked out some flAvours in the mild whiskey such as Glenlivet founders reserve

Why not both?

JD is a bourbon you twat

A relatively inexpensive and deliciously smooth bourbon to get you started is Elijah Craig.

Do yourself a favor and plop a single square (or three automatic) ice cubes in there. The cool temp and the melt water will enhance your experience, especially when you’re starting out.

>bourbon
>not over 50% alcohol
>bourbon

it's not a bourbon

Intact after saying that, that's a good whiskey for OP to try

Glenlivet founders reserve

You misinterpreted kike .... drop the neediness

This isn't really true. I depends on personal preference and the individual product. Some blends are really good and some single malts are really good.

The best whisky IMO

I have a bottle of hakushu
It's light, tastes a lot like salted toffee

The rule is atleast 40%

/thread

Thank you for the advice user.I very much enjoy smooth and smokey whiskys so ill give the scotch a try

Nikka's malts, and blended malts and blends are good if you never tried any.
Yoichi single malt and Taketsuru blends are really full bodied with a nice balance.

Tried the Yoichi 20 once - mouth coating goodness

Good as long as you don't drink in the morning and go fucking ham every night on the hard booze. It's so easy to chip away, I'm even tempted to drink again this morning.

Fuckin weeaboo. But scotch or irish or dont buy at all... "But, but my senpai drinks chink wiskey!!!!"

Can't go wrong with Jack Daniels. I usually just get Kentucky Gentlemen when I wanna play Fistful of Frags, I figure they weren't drinking the gourmet stuff in the wild west.

Tennessee whisky is bourbon not made in Kentucky, and all of it is garbage.

no, that's whisky in general you pillock

personally i dont really like jack Daniels but if im with friends ill drink it, same with cider.

Japanese whiskey is disgusting.
Bourbon tastes like a literal barn floor, rotting hay and all.
Tennessee whiskey is god awful.
Irish whiskey is fine.
Scotch can be good, single malts (the expensive snobby shit) are usually awful, but some are ok.
Now, Canadian whiskey is what you're looking for, but the cheap shit is bad, stay away from black velvet, and crown royal for sure.

And the same for bourbon you pillock

If your with cider, you'll drink JD

Canadian whiskey is moose piss

stop arguing and just enjoy the thread you pillocks

why do you ponces have to make drinking an art?
it's all piss mate

really mate you sound stupid as fuck

If you've ever seen them make whiskey it is an art.