Since /adv/ sucks and only talks about bullshit

since /adv/ sucks and only talks about bullshit

Give me career advice.

My goal is that if I move out of my current state I can still find work. My job right now doesn't let me move and I only have an associates in liberal arts.

since im sure you fuckers dont use the catalog

bump

i bet youre all lazy fucks

bump again

wow my thread is still alive?
bump again

Probably the reason you're getting nothing is you have to give more info.

What's your age?
Skills?
Education aside from your associates?
Location?
Interests?
Hobbies?
Current job?

>26
>driving and lifting heavy shit
>AS in liberal arts thats it
>PA
>cars and women
>vidya
>UPS driver

I like music too. Last year I went to college for music performance, not for a career, but fun and dropped out realizing it was wasting my time. I know there isnt shit for art majors.

liberal art degrees are not the same as traditional art degrees tho

UPS is nationwide, will they not let you relocate?

Ok, my top pick would probably be to relocate with UPS. I think their HQ is in Memphis, so you could most easily relocate to TN. The upside to Memphis is that it's very affordable.

But, if that's not good, I'd get into the trades. The problem is that you don't have hard skills, so to be more employable (and therefore more easily relocatable) bump up your skills. Machinist, welder, electrician, etc.

Not sure if I'd recommend anything white collar. You'd be on the low end of that because of your education and that means low pay, disposable work.

Oops, I misspoke, UPS is in Atlanta. I was thinking of FedEx.

But that does bring it up. You can relocate by driving for another carrier.

Or, how about getting your Class A and buying your own rig?

>liberal arts
>Total faggot
kys

>My goal is that if I move out of my current state I can still find work.
That's not a goal. That's a theory. But good news! there are McDonalds everywhere you might go.

You missed the point

No there are gay fucking rules like if your wife makes more than you and has to move for a job then you can rellocate, but I dont have a wife, nor do I think women can make more than me cause of all the fucking over time I get.

They fucking wont let you relocate and honestly other carriers suck just as much balls and I am trying to avoid driving if I can.

I do have an interview tomorrow driving for another company, but its 2nd shift and pays way less.

I make more than you and have enough money that i could convince you with cash to let me piss on you.

Any wonder why the US is going to shit?

So, "lifting heavy shit," is not really a skill and not something you want to engage in for a living.
Your back goes, there goes your job and, what's more, your comfort.
Then come the surgeries and the drugs.
Learn a skill. Humping heavy shit is not a skill.

The point, son, is that your mind has not been educated well enough for a proper job.

You can sill get an art degree with a liberal arts degree. Basically what I have done is taken all my core courses already, math science, history, language, etc. So I just need to specialize. Music would take me 2 years, but I dont want that anymore. I only went for fun thinking I knew I had a career already.

No shit its a joke you piece of shit. I dont have skills other than being awesome.

>You can sill get an art degree with a liberal arts degree.
Well duh, they don't cancel each other out.

>you piece of shit. I dont have skills other than being awesome.

and you're not really cut out for dealing with the public, either, I'm guessing.
Not really a "people person."

I'm not drunk when im in public.

Yes but they fucking add on top of each other. A BA in music performance still requires the core courses which I have already done. Guess youve never been to college at all.

A fucking ba in anything requires core courses, retard.

Like I said, get into the trades. Or if you like cars, do a mechanic job. Move up north to the oilfields and be a heavy diesel mechanic.

Or, buy some heavy machinery and rent your time on them out by the hour. Neighbor of mine used to do that. he had a bobcat, a ditching machine, and a couple of other things.

ITT: two complete imbeciles argue with great anger and vitriol about university curricula.

I'm the one trying to explain that.
Other BA need core courses but in special categories l ike engineering or actuaries, they fucking study relevant mateiral for their core courses. I did it to fill the quota. Its what I was told to do, told to go to CC and fucking fill the quota then transfer. turns out you cant fucking do what ever you want unless you had some direction from day 1. And I did actually have direction day 1 of college, but my counselors fucked me over by giving me intro courses that were dead ends instead of courses that let you progress.

No fucking mechanics, electrician, plumber is happy. They all have to work years and years and years until finally they are a god among their own kind and can open a company of their own and charge 1k an hour.

>told to go to CC
There's the problem! user fucked off in HS.

I did not I just didnt have the money and neither did my family. I am 26 now so I can claim myself independent. When I went to college last year it was 100% free except parking and the time I wasted.

Anyway 26 is not too old to get into college.
And CC is a fine fucking idea. Everyone should find a CC, even if out of their county to find a fucking subject they like. Its like 80% cheaper than university for the first 2 years. Then by the 2nd two years you can assure yourself you found what you want to do. What you know is what you like. So I reccomend anyone fresh out of HS going to college to pick something right now and commit. I didnt cause I was not told to. I was told I can do core courses and transfer. Lo and behold when I go to transferring counselors they tell me I need years more of study to do what I wanted to do at that point. Now its not a matter of money or my age, its just the time I have. I want to keep working. Work is priority over education. Education is a dream while work is reality. \
I dont care what you f ucks have as advice for a solution, I can deal with my own personal failures and I am far from a failure, but I will be angry and stressed continuing my line of work. I am giving myself a few more years before I just shut my thoughts of a better future out.

> tl;dr - blah, blah, blah before turning the gun on himself.

What is it that you even want to do? So far it sounds like you're just drifting aimlessly through life.

>They all have to work years and years and years
Yea, but that's the case with anything you're going to start. You're gonna be a crapout for the first few years until you learn the skills. Then you're good.

I guess I'm not sure what kind of new career you're expecting here. What's your real expectation about hours, salary, etc.

as if
you are more likely to than me. I will just drink so hard tonight. I dont care if I show up hung over as fuck to an interview tomorrow. I have tomorrow off.

Who knows what you do. I bet you jerk off the anime boys and dont work at all.

What do you even what to do? sounds like youre just a faggot.

30k a year is not bad to me. I seriously will downgrade to 30k a year. I just dont want my ass kicked so hard that while I am working I dont have time for jack shit cause I am too exhausted.
I cant go out to dinner since I Am lucky if i start at 7 am and end at 7 pm. And my job wont let me move so I cant find some more rural routes to make work easier. I cant even move if i think another state is cheaper to live in. I want to live cheap, that is it. I just want a job that lets me live instead of taking dick up the ass every day.

and as for what career? I dont really know thats why I wanted to ask for suggestions. It doesnt hav eto be for me, what does everyone else do? what exists? With a degree, training or with just a HS diploma.

So a professional shitposter then. Godspeed.

godspeed up your ass you fucking faggot you deserve it.

Be mad all you want but it's not my fault you're a fuckup.

You probably suck dick for a living. Bet you'd suck my dick for nothing.

Well, that's pretty reasonable, you probably could even do better than that. Here's a few ideas, just spitballing

Nursing school: Less education and debt than doctors, but after working, you can take advanced training and make big dollars. The problem is that the "nursing shortage" is a lie, they only want very experienced people. And the hours can be long

Sales: No education required! Pick your field! Unlimited income! The big downside is that it's sales.

Military: it's the military

Property Management: I do real estate on the side, so I'm a bit familiar with this job. You screen tenants, put together leases, organize tradesman, etc. Pros: Not a physical job, cannot be easily outsourced, pay is ok. If you're hard working and organized, you can even make this into a business by taking on clients yourself. But, you have to have some background in the trades or learn it OTJ

Let me do more thinking, but what do you think of these so far? Am I on the mark or what?

You are on the mark. The mark of STFU, you asshole! Ima be ME, not what self-important piece of shit thinks I should do with my life!

this isnt me, let me read your response and apply appropriately in like 2 minutes.

Yep, I kind of figured, no problem

Still not me.

Fuck off Mr. Guidance Counseler. Where the fuck was your fat, balding ass when I need you in CC? Now I'm 26 and you're just going flap you snaggle-tooth gums like I give a FUCK what you think?

Fuck. You!

Invest. Learn to be a jew

>nursing
Well thats what I just checked out a tech schol for today to be a MA, LPN or PCT. The hours are long as fuck and no lenience so I cannot possibly work and still go to school.
Its possible I may not give up and instead find a school to just do a 4 year program to become a RN.

>sales
Retail sucks balls. I worked it in highschool and hated it. I cannot sell shit cause I am too honest and am cheap myself so I cant tell people to spend big bucks on useless shit.

>military
ye, I guess thats an option and I dont think about it lately, but still when you get out you better have been specializing in something practical in everyday life. To me its just like college, gotta still go to classes and study and ye its 4 years minimum so you can get deployed anywhere.

>property
I have been told to get into this since highschool, but I don't save up enough money to actually do that. I don't even want to. I am minimalist.

Good suggestions, I am appreciating, but nothing to get me excited.
I really wanted to get into the medical field, maybe I wont give up yet. RN might be the best thing..... I just have to give it time before I enroll in a university and have to go part time.

My step brothers are jewish and both accountants. I fucking wish a salary was enough to interest me in dedicating my life towards something.

Oh and lmao at the tech school, they showed me hours of the courses. Patient Care Technician was most suitable to where I might MAYBE be able to work and study and attend class. So I get home and look up their medium income. I will let you all do that.

Well, you seem to have a good reason to shoot down those ideas. How about these?
Mime, Lion Tamer, Juggle, TV Game Show Host, Disgruntled Unskilled Piece of Shit with a Fatty Liver?

Any of those catching your fancy, there, dilettante?

Yo can I get some career advice top
old fag lurker here havent participated in a thread since I became a father.

I got a 18$/hr comfy job at a warehouse but im stuck with a living choice of either the most expensive suburbs in my state or the meth capital of the USA.

My current plans are to find a 1000$/mnth condo to rent and just live my life with a slow and steady savings in the form of company stock that i get at a 10% discount.

Is this how i make it? Or should I start thinking about school again, i'm a community college dropout who couldnt pass college algebra 4 times in a row.

How about I just kick your ass. I bet you live in canada or europe. You arent even American.

Well you are a father. I cannot relate. I suppose the government can give you lots of money though? just a guess. I knew someone who was a father of 5 and he didn't really need a job, but in my eyes I thought he was a piece of shit.

I guess your plans sound ok. My personal problem is its expensive to live even in shitty places for me and I wish I could travel. I dont want to worry about retirement, I like to work except I am not sure I can find it everywhere I go.

I could invest in company stock too, but I actually never asked coworkers if they do.

If it were me. I would live cheap, and enjoy your job and have a job that gives you time for normal shit like dinner. I am trying to find that life.

So you're a basic ass dude with what amounts to a an entry-level, basket-weaving degree. Your issue is a lack in skill set, you may have some people skills but most anybody can lift 50 lbs repeatedly over a 8, 10 or 12 hour day and driving isn't necessarily a big skill unless you have a CDL. I assume you do driving an UPS truck, am I right?

Ok, here's a few more

Addiction Recovery - very oddball, just thought of this one but there's a lot of money in this industry (and it IS an industry). You probably need some training (you do NOT have to be an ex-addict). The truth is that the US addiction counselling is severely broken, so a lot of people can get in with very low qualifications.

>I have been told to get into this since highschool, but I don't save up enough money to actually do that
You are misunderstanding. I'm referring to an actual property manager job, not an investor. You apply to a property management company and do it for them for a salary. You do not go in with your own cash

Locksmith - again a weird one. You need training, but I think the pay is good but the hours might be odd (everyone locks themselves out on a rainy night). You could also do this for a property management company as an on-call guy

Glazier - Works with glass. Honestly, don't have many details. The only thing I know is that they charged me huge dollars just to fix some windows.

Funeral Director - again, a thought out of the blue. Who knows how much they make, but everyone's a customer

Mortgage Broker - you need the licensing, but building up a client base of realtors could give steady business

If I think of more, I'll let you know.

Dude , that guy is a piece of shit but dont blame him, I recently went in to see if i can get some gubermint help since im trying to find a spot paying a lot more rent.

Turns out i make to fucking much $ so now they are taking away the 150 bucks my gf gets for in food stamps, the solution to keep getting aid? Have more kids
the system literally encourages lazy people to just pump out kids and never get a good paying job.

So no, I dont want to do that to my kids.
I'm first generation so you might now know what its like to grow up the son of a poor immigrant but the barriers instead of ladders our government puts up are real friend

If you like cars try being a mechanic. With a lib degree you could likely find an office job a lot easier than most people.
Done some mech type stuff, it's honestly pretty rewarding in a sense to fix stuff (assuming you don't break it further). Kind of cool if you can get paid to learn about it.

Interesting thread kind of in between stuff myself. Finding work really isn't as easy as most people make it out to be.

So basically, you want to get paid for showing face, live cheaply and have free time? There's a lot of jobs like that, be a janitor for a medium-sized factory or grade school. That or be a NEET and live with parents, seems like you WANT to be kid getting his allowance every week.

So edgy. You find that edge at the bottom of your bottle? Drink up, loser.
Maybe you'll find the magical talent that was right in front of you all along while you were bonging it up in CC. And you can go to the Magic Kingdom and make oodles of money just for being the awesome piece of worthless turd that you are.

>RN might be the best thing
Do you like wiping shit off of old wrinkly asses? That's pretty much where you'll start after laundry and food delivery.

If you're in the US, just start a food review channel on YouTube. Make some money being a fat fuck.

Yes. Sometimes package cars, sometimes bulk vans. I can maneuver 200 lbs no big deal, but fuck these skills. I make easily over 200 stops on a normal day. I have done routes that are 50 stops but over 2000 packages. I do early deliveries, then do a normal route and early deliveries is supposed to let you start and finish earlier, but they fuck you. If you are good at your job they fuck you with more work so that you arent so good at your job.

Ah I thought you were talking about landlords.Something I can look into.

>addiction recovery
yes I want to work in the drug rehab industry if only I am already qualified in the medical field in some way. This is very probably my goal. Maybe not rehab, but just if I Can get qualified and find a job in the medical field in general.

>Lock smith
It seems to niche to me. I have used locksmiths before and they actually piss me off cause they fail to make me working keys. I have to keep coming back and ask for free working keys

>glazier
Idk havnt looked into it. Sounds like glass blowers who make bongs.

>Funeral director
Now I have delivered flowers before so I know funeral directors are family owned and often own a very nice establishment which i couldnt afford on my own at this time.

>mortgage broker
no idea. Business is something I want to avoid. I want honest work. But all is taken into consideration.

I just recently thought of being a mechanic but want honest work and not jewing people cause they are stupid.

believe it or not I wanted to be a janitor, but they hire only spanish speaking people and by now I make too much money to look back at that.

Yes.

fuck internet jobs. How is that reliable.

>addiction recovery
> This is very probably my goal.

Well, then this is your lucky day, user. There's a lot of love on this threat, but we're pretty tired of your shit. No more money for meth and hotel rooms. You want to be a worthless loser, you're going to have to go back to blowing black men in the train station men's room for change.

Why not translate your experience as a UPS guy to the actual USPS? Government benefits without the boot camp, it's a necessary service nationwide and the severance package is nice too. You can travel/transfer anywhere in the US.

Janitors at community colleges get paid nearly $20+ per hour, that's not bad considering.

OP still here. Its true finding work is harder than working it seems. I thought thats why I'd just be content, but now i am trying to figure out a new career path. I wont quit what I do now til I find something new.

I'll still give auto mechanics a second thought, but I dont think its for me.

ye but no benefits and I have triedf or these jobs before, they do require you speak spanish. I've delivered to malls before and the janitors are awesome. Most are really dumb and can hardly read but happiest people I ever met. I dont know if I can do it, i really feel like I passed that point.

USPS is the same bullshit. I have delivered to them. They will get hundreds of packages through some kind of trade off program, we take heavier, bigger packages, they get our smalls. Is it true you can travel? I am not sure. I kind of want to get out of parcel delivery.

Also UPS is more secure, USPS can lay you off. people at UPS are not laid off or fired for any reason except something really stupid.

and OP certainly isn't capable of fucking up majorly. He doesn't have a Track Record of fucking up.

Do that thing.

>Sounds like glass blowers who make bongs.
Lol, I'm sure they're able to do it. But, no, they work on windows, windshields, do custom glass, things like that. Skilled work and takes some time to learn.

Anyway, shit, I think I'm all out of ideas for now. Lots to think about here.

I dont fuck up. Never missed a single day of work and do the work of 10 men. I just dont have the "qualifications" other careers need. I wish people could hire me on merit, but no you need educations too.

ye I agree. I need to think. About time to wrap this thread up at least for me; others can still discuss.. I will go on an interview tomorrow. I am not sure what to expect. I may stay where I am. If I was getting laid more often it might make a bigger difference, I might be able to work a hard job. But currently I don't like to go out much cause of how drained I feel at the end of the day and the weekends are so short. I am worried if I am at UPS too much longer I will be leaving too much behind if i go anywhere else. Right now starting at the bottom of the barrel isnt giving an extreme amount away.

Let's go back to My ideas -

shoe shine boy, elevator operator, cotton picker, cane brake.

These seem to be more your speed.

know what those arent even bad ideas. This is how I could live my life if it we rent the same thing everyday and I was guarenteed work. I could do small jobs as long as I could change it up.

Myself, I've been wanting to get into "Barbarian Chieftain", but there's a lot of paperwork and politics.