Seriously how can you be on the Jedi council but not be granted the rank of Master?

Seriously how can you be on the Jedi council but not be granted the rank of Master?

Because you're a faggy little bitch

Still better than The last Jedi

Take a seat

I thought in the clone wars he was, supposed to be canon also

Hey have you guys seen the movie Star Trak?

Well - Revan was a master, and kicked more ass than Skywalker.

I'm serious it makes no sense that they would put him on the council but not promote him

that is the correct answer

Pretty sure they all sensed his darkside

RotS was better than both TFA and TLJ combined

I'm not talking about revan im talking about skywalker

But that makes no sense. "Hey I sense Skywalker may betray us one day" "lol lets embarrass him and completely fuck him over"

Politics

Of course it makes sense. They were trying to contain him...and failed miserably

No it doesn’t. Correct course of action would have been exile.

You're ignoring the fact that Mace Windu is retarded

Completely agree

They should have exiled or killed him not add fuel to the flame. How is pissing him off containing him in anyway

Hey man he was cool. With the purple lightsaber and bald head. Better than Skywalker

How could Mace Windu even be a Jedi? I mean he was played by Samuel Jackson. He always looks angry and acts like it. Just remember the moment he fought against the senate.

he singlehandely made anakin hate the jedi

only way to contain him would have been the Dooku treatment

Reddit is one of the worst places on the internet, but the prequel memes are gold. Unironically.

Oh right and it has nothing to do with the emperor's machinations. Idiot.

Because he couldn't stop talking about the younglings, and that creeped everyone the fuck out

because they wanted him to be pissed about it so he could fuck up the force before it got balanced. It was the only way.

They put him on the Counsel because they wanted him in a position where he could and would spy on Ch. Palpatine. This was explained in the film.

you guys are fucking idiots. They promoted him because they wanted to appease his desire for authority/ power (and they respected his abilities with the force) but they didn't want him training a Padawan since mace windu and yoda were unsure about Anakin's alignments with the force, he could go either way, and to take a Padawan with him would be disasterous. So they promoted him without making him master, which was a huge honor, but obviously that wasn't enough and it accelerated his path to the dark side.

>play JKA
>join clan and spend half of my day there
>server admin is really strict
>slowly work my way up to best swordsmen of the clan
>we have a ranking system
>Im a sentinel
>next rank is master
>get a friend to play as well
>teach em everything I know
>also give em lore lessons and so on
>one day I ask the admin for master title
>he says no because with power comes corruption but puts me on the council which means I can hear what they say but my voice doesnt count
>every other player in that room is weaker than me
>I could take them all at the same time and win
>tell my apprentice Im taking over
>post em at the door for any escaping masters
>the session begins they start talking
>in the middle when the admin asks if there are any other questions I go wild
>You put me on the council but you dont grant me the rank of master?!
>Stand down user
>No
>I cut down 2 masters in the first 5 seconds that didnt even get up
>the rest 7 get up and try to kill me
>admin tells me to stop or Ill get banned
>I murder 3 more and then the rest try to go for the door
>my apprentice is very effective
>its me and the admin left
>user last warning
>we have a pretty long duel, he was really good
>I manage to kill him with 13hp left
>I have become the sole leader left
>my apprentice is effective though
>stabs me in the back
>I get banned for a few day
>come back, get made a master a few weeks later

Those were the days.

Only reason he was on the council is because Palpatine wanted him there as the chancellor's personal voice. He hadn't guided a padawan to knighthood so he hadn't achieved the rank of master.

False

>He hated the Jedi for taking him from his mother
>He hated Obi-Wan for keeping him 'in his place'
>He hated being a Jedi because Natalie Portman in dat white suit. HoleeFuckBalls
>He hated the whole council for keeping out of politics

But sure, blame the black dude. It's cool.

that too yes. but the 'spy on palpatine' thing seemed like a test of Anakin about as much as it was necessary

He was more of a gray Jedi, like Qui Gonn

>Pretty sure they all sensed his darkside
yes

>Strikingly obvious shit about Windu

Qui-gon was not grey. He just hated being under the council's thumb. No inclination to the dark side.

>"He is too dangerous to be kept alive" says Palpatine at the begining of episode 3.
>Later in the movie Anakin finds out Palpatine is Sidious
>tells Samuel L. Jackson.
>Windu says Palpatine is too dangerous to be kept alive
>Anakin remembers that that's what Sheev said before and that it was wrong
>He now knows that the only reason Sheev said that is because he's a Sith
>Anakin realises that the jedi shouldn't kill
>Tells mace to not kill him but he tries anyway.
>At this moment Ani knows The Jedi Order is flawed since it is willing to kill a defenseless enemy just like the sith.
>Mace windu is bad and the jedi r bad

I don't even like star wars that much why am I writing this

It's like a provisional membership
the Vatican has observer status at the U.N., but isn't technically a full-fledged country with voting rights in that body.

kek

He hated the Jedi for ruining a perfectly good acting career.

They made him a joke

>He hated George Lucas' shitty scrips and woefully amateur direction for ruining a perfectly good acting career

ftfy

George Lucas had no idea how to write a script

He was only a joke in his own mind. Any other Jedi would have gladly taken his place.

>Statement as obvious as the sun being hot

sounds coo las fuck m8

Your analogy is shit. The Vatican is not a member by its own choice. Anakin did not choose his status.

It is more like the Shadow Senators from Washington D.C. They represent DC in the Senate but don't get sworn in or actually have a voice or power in the Senate.

How would you feel if you were arguable the strongest one of your peers and you be done so much for them you be basically given them your life and they tell you "sorry you're not as good as us. Nothing personal...kid"

There's a way to separate ones connection to the force. Should have done that.

Please tell me how your statement in any way refutes anything I said.

Big problem for him was that he SHOULD have been granted the rank of master because Ahsoka should have been a knight but instead she left the order which negatively impacted Anakin.

Yoda would never do that. He's the only one strong enough to Sever Force and that would like the pope killing the college of Cardinals.

So, he didn't successfully train a padawan and earn the rank of master, then, did he?

You said any Jedi would be happy to take that postistion. Why would anyone want to be parade around as a joke. They literally told him "we don't respect you and you aren't as good as us. Fuck off kid" why the fuck would any other Jedi want

>I have no idea how Jedi egos work.

Lesson one: Following the ego is the path to the dark side. True light Jedi have no (or very minimal) ego.

I can't believe my life has devolved into arguing Jedi egos with some turd on Sup Forums.

She was expelled from the order because she was framed for a crime she didn't commit. She was then cleared by Anakin and offered her place back but refused.

So he still didn't get a padawan thru the trials, did he?

I don't understand what part of this is hard for you. Is English not your first language?

If that was the case why the fuck do some turn to the dark side? And before you say its so few why are they so afraid to teach them about anything dark side related. They lose their Shit whenever any jedi has anything related to it at all. If they are so fucking stoic why is the sith threat real?

Um, because their egos and lust for power grow too large and can no longer be a Jedi. The Sith threat is the opposite of service to all -- it is service to self and power.

You're fucking stupid. Please don't breed.

You're fucking stupid. What do 99% of siths have in common? They were Jedi you fucking dipshit

>Keyword: WERE
True Jedi will have no ego

Please consider getting an education. Or don't. But really, don't curse the world with your spawn.

I'm done with you, dipshit.

The trials are a looser concept than just a specific set of tests. Neither Obi-Wan nor Anakin actually went through formal tests.
Anakin became a knight based on his efforts in the war, and Obi-Wan becams a knight after his duel with Darth Maul. Ahsoka had proven herself and would have been a knight had she returned to the order. Mace Windu referred to her efforts to clear her name as her trial.

You were the fucking regard who claimed Jedis don't have ego but if jedis don't have ego why do Jedis turn the darkside. Its not my fault you're retarded now kindly fuck off

Not him but aren't you saying that they're ego turned them to the dark side? Which means they aren't jedi anymore...

No im saying their ego never disappered.he claims they do. They are not robots they're living beings and they don't instantly go from jedi to sith its a process that's why anakin was slowly turned by palpatine he saw a chink in the armor and exposed it

Have you by any chance been diagnosed with autism?

No. How am I the autistic one

Yeah sure user, THATS why he wanted Sheev kept alive. Because he was suddenly a good perfect Jedi who doesn't make decisions based on emotion. Totally wasn't because he wanted him alive for the selfish reason of needing him to help keep Padme from dying

Well, I don't think user meant what you think he meant. I think he means the ideal jedi has no ego, that they practice the lack of ego. Not that they're robots. Sometimes normies use words without meaning them literally basically

Okay. But the thing with that then is there are no ideal jedis then

Yes.

Then why the fuck was that guy so mad

Idk, I didn't really read the entire conversation. Doesn't really matter

It does too me

Because a tard said that the Jedi council was mocking Anaking by making him join the council but didn't give him the title of master. Wich is stupid to even be a reason for going to the dark side. Quin Gon refused the seat after all.

But quin gon didn't want it and anakin did that's the fucking difference. Anakin has wanted the rank of Master for years and they set him up for it and at the last moment said fuck off.imagine waiting for a promotion at work and your boss just says "hey man. I know you want to be a manager but you're not ready. Also you're gonna be doing the same job as a manager and go to all the manager meeting but you have no real authority or benefits" how is that not insulting

Because he has a tiny penis.

>EU peepz know what's up

The problem is. A jedi must not search for personal glory. If something like that was all what was needed then he was better rotting in tatooine.
Even then, he was a great warrior, but a mediocre teacher. Asoka barely made it out of the clone wars and the good thing that she learned from Anakin she could learn from another master and better. Jumping at the fight without a plan, putting at risk your padawan, disobeying orders from a superior, trying to resolve things as shit hit the fan.
Those are not traits for a master jedi. And yes, Obi was a shitty jedi in that aspect too.

Dude the Jedi where all about personal glory that's why they had the council and built themselves up to be the government

umm, read more about him then?