How do people can believe in religion? I mean evolution has been proven, humans are taller than 100 years ago...

How do people can believe in religion? I mean evolution has been proven, humans are taller than 100 years ago, bones have been found which proves that humans are on earth for a lot longer than the bible or other shitty books pretend. Appart of being afraid of death I don't understand why people need this imaginary friend called God.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GHI45garS3g
m.youtube.com/watch?v=plVk4NVIUh8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Get over it you neckbeard.

government force the population to believe in some kind of god because religion is a good way to control the mass

evolution has not been proven, what you talking.

show me how a fish become a bird. end of story. stupid satanic theories only fools believe

Im not religious, But the main reason humans are taller is better nutrition. Evolution takes a lot longer than 3 generations my man.

How can you explain the 50 000+ yo bones we find, those are different from our bones ? Bible says humanity is 4000 yo

alrighty,here goes nothing:

Fish migrate to system of lakes and rivers inland that get cut off from the ocean.

Over hundreds of years, because of sedimentation and other natural factors, the water level becomes more shallow.

Food sources are running low, so they adapt to include insects near the waters surface as a food source.

Fish start becoming hunters by preying on small insects thriving near the shore.

Over the years, the fish start to casually hop a bit out of the water to reach insects.

Some fish adapt fins that allow them to effectively crawl.

Water becomes shallower, and food more scarce. They now completely rely on insects as a food source and have become adept at crawling out of water.

The fish gain the ability to filter oxygen from air.

Since there is more food on land, staying in the water becomes more a means of regulating temperature and as a disguise than an actual food source, fish turn mroe and more toward land mobility and become worse swimmers.

Less and less water eventually forces the fish able to breathe to migrate into moist areas, which, over the years, caused their physioligy to adapt to living in shadowy, moist habitats, like deadwood and such.

Fish become completely independent from the water, and are able to survive on land by hunting ground-dwelling insects. meanwhile, their scales harden more and become thicker to provide better insulation from the cold and as a means of preotecting them from birds, their main predators.

The fish become better and better at walking, and eventually gain the ability to sprint.

The fish become warm blooded, no longer relying on sunlight and instead generating their own body heat.

At this point, the fish obviously aren't birds, but this is just an example of how an animal can change over thousands of years. They turned from regular ol fish to scaly, probably lizard like creatures that don't even rely on sunlight anymore because of the abundance of food etc.

pliz

Yeah, but what if evolution was created by god?
I'd let my creatures to self-improve were I the One. People of old age could simply miss or misunderstand a couple of details while writing the holy books.

Evolution in a time frame you anons can even understand
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GHI45garS3g

are you trying to invalidate my point by disagreeing with

the way

I format my text?

>BSc in Biology acquired in 2013
don't worry we're on the same page Sup Forumsro, to me this isn't even a point to make anymore.
just telling you that spacing was outta place

Around 200 billion stars in the Milky Way galaxy and over 2 billion galaxies in the observable universe that's about 14.5 billions years old. And they think it was made all for us here on insignificant earth, kek

Those stars has no life on them though. Those are just a lifeless rocks.

ah ye gotcha, sorry for the aggressiveness, just never know whether someones tryna be a cunt or not on here

Around 200 billion stars in the Milky Way galaxy and over 2 billion galaxies in the observable universe that's about 14.5 billions years old. And they think it was made all for us here on insignificant earth and life only exists here, kek

>We succeeded in taking that picture, and, if you look at it, you see a dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever lived, lived out their lives. The aggregate of all our joys and sufferings, thousands of confident religions, ideologies and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lived there on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of the dot on scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner of the dot. How frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity –in all this vastness– there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. It is up to us. It's been said that astronomy is a humbling, and I might add, a character-building experience. To my mind, there is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly and compassionately with one another and to preserve and cherish that pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

Carl is that you?

I feel that people who are religious know these facts but use their religion as a scapegoat or just so they have something they trust to turn to when shit hits the fan

I see not problem here. Modern supercomputer could create a mathematical model of universe withing a few hours. The only difference between computer and god is computer being unable to operate with matter of reality.

You do not understand, in any way, what a supercomputer is or how it works, do you?

We can't even model/predict our weather past a week and you think we can easily accurately model the universe?

its called morals and a sense of decency you newfag

have you been alive or kept track of life for millions of years?

Wait are you saying you need to be tricked into being good and moral? You do it for the approval of an imaginary friend and not because it's right?

Same goes with you and the god.

Hey I read/ was forced to hear quite a bit from the bible and frankly morals and sense of decency was hardly the main point of the tome.

It's chock full of contradicting stories aswell as horrendous timeline and not one author in site and why the hell are there so many different versions

m8, you just acknowledged the fact you do not understand what a supercomputer is or how it works. Your entire argument is based on the premise you actually do. You just invalidated your own argument.

Lmao. Thanks for making my day man.

So why not worship the supercomputer it is like god. Also I do genetic engineering as part of my job, am I a god? Should you worship me?

You forgot to add a funny meme picture to solidify counter argument.

Atheist people nowadays tend to worship creators of social media and mobile software, so yeah, sure.

Yea why worship some one real and has achieved something like a scientist when you could have an imaginary friend that "made" Ebola to "test my love for him"

I bet you believe that you have to be really smart to really get Rick and Morty too.

Religion is necessary in a functioning society because laws don't work for controlling a certain percentage of the population.

The laxing of religion is actually why we have crime problems. Every hoodlum used to have the invisible punisher looking over their shoulder making them think twice and now they don't.

>Atheists worship programmers

what argument? There is no argument. It's a fact. He disproved himself. You cannot argue this. It's like saying "the water in this glass is liquid" that's not an argument, it's a fact being stated.

I hadnt thought of that last bit there, that actually seems plausible, makes a lot of sense, create something nobody can prove is there and make him the cause of everything and if you're a bad cookie when you bite the dust you pay with your soul

So. You don't believe in idea of suffering that leads to development but believe in evolution that is basically the same thing?

>I mean
fuck off with that shit.

No religion says we're the only ones.
We're just "God's children."

If that's just a metaphor for the universe, whatever.

But it could be a metaphor for other beings that dropped us here.

There are huge holes in the "evolutionary" timeline between different subsets of humans and the locations of the fossils don't make any sense.

I believe modern humans are different from evolutionary humans. I don't know why or how, but there isn't enough evidence to support otherwise.

No evidence of evolution?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=plVk4NVIUh8

Religion doesn't talk about anything but whats happening with man tho.

No mention of anything else existing and not saying otherwise aswell. No talk of what came before either.

Never said a word about the dinosaurs.

Evolution is not incompatible with Abrahamic religions. Shit, the Pope declared evolution to be factual, which means all Catholics accept it. A big percentage of Muslims do too. Dunno about the jews.
Same goes for Old Earth theory -- the 7 "days" mentioned in genesis are taken as metaphorical by a lot of sects.

Wait what? Yes Ebola evolved as did humans but humans evolving to survive Ebola seems unlikely ATM. Why is your loving sky daddy making like Ebola?

Avec ta putain de Grimbergen et ton sac Super U.

could be because you simply dont find fossils of fucking everything. Do you even understand how fossils are formed? Noones gonna be digging up my granmas bones in 10.000 years. She was buried, sure, but fucking bones disintergrate. Bacteria eats them. Animals eat them. Natural erosion destroys them. We haven't even discovered more than 0.1% of all life that ever existed here on earth. Because not everything leaves fossils. Not everything gets stuck in ember. Not all animals fall into tarpits. Please, use your brain just a tiny bit more, ok?

Oui et?

To push the science and medicine obviously. We'd all still lived in middle ages if he wouldn't love scientific stuff. Isn't it obvious?

Also ebola is man made militant virus, just like anthrax.
To ask why have god created ebola is like to ask why have god created nuclear weapon.

Well by that logic why have suffering in the first place?

Like making a kid and then torturing it for the rest of its life telling it to be stronger

know a guy who beta'd for a chick, son of a faggot was atheist and turned christian because he wanted to win a girls heart. TOP FUCKING KEK

full on pussy slave

>Why have suffering.
To show what is good and what is bad. To let us find the better way. Safeness leads to leasure, leasure leads to stagnation. We are not perfect by default, you can see that in everydays life. But there's still a chance for all of us.

Im saying why not have just good?
Why not have perfection and let it be just that?

In fact perfection is impossible saying "by default" is implying you eventually reach it but that's not the case.

To follow up more you're sounding more and more like this guy (pic related)

Leisure and stagnant... really man?

if things were awesome from the start those sound like the best state to be in

Ben rien.

Perfection is purposeless. There are plenty of religions in this world and most of them summarize the idea of higher goal for all of us.

As for abrahamic religions, the main idea in those that he wanted but failed. Adam and Eva end up having a portion of glitches he couldn't fix on a spot.

Tg alors

nn toi tg

Stop right there
>Perfection is purposeless
You just stated something without a sensible counter arguement
I was listening to you so far but if you're gonna stop following up your statements with explanations im outta here.

Why did he fail? He's god?
So that means god can fail in creating and he failed this bad which means he's not worth worshiping at all.

Why couldnt he fix it on the spot? He's God?
So there's some things that even he cant do?
So hes unreliable and not worth worshipping

Kek

nn toi

Stop casting arcane spells

kek

I'm also curious on your logic here. You say the original humans had glitches that needed worked out, but you're trying to argue the existence of a perfect, all powerful, all knowing, omnipresent deity, but saying he, in his almighty, omnipotent perfection, managed to fuck it up? Seriously? And given that the bible touts humankind as being superior to other life on the planet, that's a serious case of having one job and fucking it up. I agree with the other poster asking what the point of even worshiping your god is then if he can't even do one job correctly.

Why to create a world at the first place? To show off? But there is nothingness around, no one would see that. Obviously he wanted some friends. So he created angels, they were perfect but their will was limited. They only could do something he liked. Then he twitched em a bit, but ended up with Lucifer and Co, who did only the things he wouldn't like and that was boring as well. They were like robots or something. Chatting with them was like having a good time with chat bots.
And he obviously wanted a real friends to look at, to have a good time with sometime.
So he created a man and gave him full freedom of will. To do whatever the man pleases and be alive. And immortal. But freedom means the man sometimes wanted to do good things and sometimes horrible. So the god created our imperfect world, training ground for men, to see how awful to be abandoned by god, to understand how good to do something good and how bad to do something horrible. Or to not understand, that's completely at your choice.

Reminder that Evolution is still just a theory.

so is gravity

First of all that's not what I asked you.
Secondly you're backtracking.

Now you're telling me he purposely did this after saying he failed which meant it wasnt his intention.
CONTRADICTION

Also from that description we were created as an experiment and entertainment at best.

To sum this up: He made friends but he wanted someone to disagree with him too wasnt happy with that, so he made somebody even worse and now hes like ayyy you can be super good or super bad.

I made you for me but I havent revealed myself for I am a coward afraid of my own doing due to me overdoing it and fucking up an already functiong thing.

If it aint broke dont fix it.

Ok, I'll bite on the tasty, tasty bait: He created Lucifer, but since he's all knowing and all powerful and shit, shouldn't he have known that Lucifer would rebel? Seems like a pretty shitty god if he keeps creating imperfect creations (gays, Satan, xbox 360's RROD) and keeps blaming those creations for their shortcomings, rather than the so called perfect creator who created them.

If you'd know for sure that god exists you'd just pretend being good and awesome through all of your earth life waiting for a time to join him in afterlife. All the exam simply wouldn't make any sense.

>Also from that description we were created as an experiment and entertainment at best.
And from the description of atheists we were created just to ad some random number to gene pool and then disappear. How's that any better?

Gullible idiot, can I sell you some magic beans?

He made him on purpose, that's the thing. Hell is not some rebelous state, it's a prison that belongs to state of god. He needs both ultimate good and ultimate evil in this world to sort the souls away.

Hey wait a minute there pal we're focusing on the illegimatcy of god.

I'm not atheist I wont say there is a god or that there isnt'

The goal here is to iron out all these contradictions and to understand the reasoning and purpose of it all

Im coming from a stand point treating all of it as pure guesswork

And besides, why did we need Jesus to absolve our sins in the first place? Waiting a couple thousand years just to change his mind and decide that he should make a pathway to his paradise for the common pleb doesn't sound like something a perfect god would have to do. Why change his mind at all? If he knows everything that has happened, is happening, and will happen, you know, like an omniscient being does, then there's no need for him to backtrack, ever, since every decision ever made is perfect, the outcome perfectly known.

Then God and Satan are on the same side. Gotcha. They both have the same goal of sending sinners to hell, after all. And if God INTENTIONALLY created the ultimate evil, then how the fuck can you call him good, seeing as that makes him the SOURCE of evil in the world?

The real question is: why do you need to make this thread?

We dont ask questions like that user
What are you doing man?
I havent had a good thread to debate in for a long time so dont screw this up

What if the glass is filled with superionic water? Then that isn't strictly true.
or
you know
Ice?

Because now I'm having fun watching religious sheeps trying to justify their stupidity

To further point out.
If when saying atheists you're referring to those who agree with darwinism.

You miss construe about adding random numbers to gene pool.

Evolution is the non bias description of how we got to where we are now.
I agree with it because it makes more sense than something with a lot of vagueness and even more that I was created with intent.

Evolution works because theres nothing behind the wheel making decisions

Anybody got any interesting theories on what's really going on then? Matrix like kinda stuff? Even if you take evolution and the big bang theory as gospel....i mean still. Wyd? Why are we here guys? Are there multiple universes? Nth dimensions? Is this just a simulation of some kind?

>How do people can believe in religion
Just shut your mouth

Can you use evolution theory and explain the fact that humans is the only species of animals on Earth being able to speak despite the fact that some other creatures evolved for millions of years more than we do. Shouldn't they be more sophisticated and advanced by now?

Im the guy that's been doing most of the against god stuff.

Why are we here?
Im not sure, I think we're just pretty lucky to exist and that the forces of the universe fell into a rhythm that allowed us to be.

Any other planet wed be frozen or dust.
Universes? Yeah dude theres more than just the milky way.

Dimensions? We have no way of knowing yet

Nothing beats Buddhism. Everything is multilayered illusion in a kind of a crazy game we are doomed to replay in different decorations till we realize that this game is crap and uninstall it.

Wow you just convinced me to shut up, what a charismatic talker you are

Technically every glass is filled with water in its gas from, so you could say “the glass is full of water” but we can’t see it, we just assume it’s empty, when in reality it’s filled with water in its gas form. Their statement was very stupid.

We have evolved longer. We are the pinnacle of that evolution...and Neanderthals could speak...and they are gone. So what do you think about them? Or Homo Habilus? Or Homo Erectus?

Wow user you just convinced me to become an atheist, what charismatic person you are.

>Humans are the only species that can speak
False. All creatures have a way of communicating with each other just because we cant hold a conversation with the birds and bees doesn't mean they can't "talk"

>shouldn't they be more sophisticated?
The thing about science is that it willing admits often that it doesn't have all the answers.
What we do have are theories and descriptions that we can test and with the results given can discern to be true or false.

Birds evolved from dinosaurs, back then people were still floating unicellulars in the ocean.

Ice isn't a gas.

The atmosphere has some water in it, but I don't think you can consider a glass filled with nothing but our atmosphere to be "filled" with water.

Just let him fake being smart user

Well not exactly filed, but still contains water. I may have made some mistakes expressing myself