Do any of you faggots have a good sized downloaded movie collection or do you just rely on online services these days?

Do any of you faggots have a good sized downloaded movie collection or do you just rely on online services these days?

For me, fuck that I keep my own shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAZU5RC3034&cm_re=gigabyte_brix-_-9SIAAZU5RC3034-_-Product
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=intel compute stick&ignorear=0&N=-1&isNodeId=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Always have them whenever I want.

I have a sizeable collection, sorted out by genre. For horror (my favorite genre), I keep subfolders for the ones I have and haven't seen.

The real issue though is that your fucking copy of Anchorman from 14 years ago is 15 fucking gigs. Wtf

yeah, I know. I have a bunch of 4K screens so I am a total whore for the highest quality versions I can find.

I haven't bothered to sort them in folders - just a massive dump. Which is weird bc I sort the fuck out of everything else. Clint is about the only pseudo foldering I have.

How many in your collection?

Let me check real quick

I have a ready Nas 312 with about 2tb of movies. Mostly documentaries and kids movies. Also a lot of ballet and musicals

733. That doesn't include tv shows though, I have a good terabyte and a half of those.

damn dude that a lot. I'm at 450. and I haven't bothered to watch about 20 of them yet.

And yeah, TV shows are separate. In fact enjoying my downloading efforts by restarting Breaking Bad this week.

... I also really like collecting PDF books. I have just over 80,000.

Nice man. I've stocked up a lot because I'm about to spend 9 months on the road, mostly out in the woods or the desert without service. I'll need a huge backlog

ok that is a bit odd and more than anyone could ever read in 5 life times.
But who am I to talk? This is one of my rooms right now

Movies: 2.8 TB, TV: 256GB

Damn, I don't have nearly that amount in terms of file size. Most mine are 700mb-1.3 gigs

Justo go to yts.ag for hd movies

On the one hand 4K is life.
On the other it is complete bullshit.

I am a total whore to pixels and screen size - always have been always will be.

Here are my big boys.

What methods do you use to DL the movies?

I use thepiratebay and yts.ag exclusively. I don't trust anything else.

What about you?

>a million ways to die in the west

wouldn't even download this tripe for free

I use a very old part of the internet - usenet newsgroups for 90%. whatever torrents I can find for the rest.

will try this yts.ag site out - bookmarked.

I used to do this with DVDs back in the day. Have about 6 externals loaded and over 900 burned to DVD5s. Used to get everything and anything on a.b.dvd (newsgroups). I miss it.

hey - I could easily wipe out 25% of them and not give a shit. they aren't all good. Some losers in the list.

Oh shit, I've never even considered doing that.

YTS might not be totally up your alley. They have 720 and 1080, but their emphasis is on getting efficient sized files.

God, I did this for awhile too when Netflix was first out. I had a decent collection, but got rid of them when I could fit 6 700mb files onto a Data-DVD instead

not much on the TV side.
Although Peaky Blinders is a win bc I don't have Netflix.

I don't mind efficiency (who would), but not at the expense of quality. They can overcompress tings and make a 1080p look like a 720p.

for usenet, NZBs are the equivalent to torrent files. I can more on what to use if you like

I have a netflix account, but I never use it. Way easier for me to just download.

Once bluray started to come out, similar to OP, i went for quality. Full bluray rips, 25-50GB. Had issues watching and streaming to my TV, kinda gave up on downloading after that.

I look at it like this: who knows how long you'll have your netflix account. maybe they piss you off and you are done with them. Then what? lose access to your favorite shit?

Keep what you like on your own terms is the way I see it. A layer of protection from service providers.

"Keep what you like on your own terms is the way I see it. A layer of protection from service providers."

Agreed, and with my unusual lifestyle, I'm always out in the middle of nowhere and I can't even make a phone call, let alone stream 1080p

>atack of the clones
>not attack
>kb
>not mb
>45mb
>suddenly 43gb

stop pretending to have gigabytes of 4k movies

you're sick in the head

i'd like to see you read any of those books when a solar flare fucks your kindle

If there's a solar flare, my inability to read Dostoyevsky is my smallest worry

How's the quality on the 4k? I used to get blu ray rips mkv files, then started to get the 1:1 full bluray.

there are 2 comas in there.

Honestly, not worth it.

4K is better for a PC screen than video. Text is crisp as fuck. On a 125" projection screen now - you can stick your face in the screen and the text/lines are solid and sharp.

>2001: A Space Odyssey - 8,332,638 KB ~= 8 GB
>~873 kBps
Kubrick is rolling in his grave.

Cause of the encoding of the rips or 4k in general?

4K in general.

The rips a lot of time suck, even for 1080p... its like what the fuck are these dumbshits doing - audio is off, files are corrupted, stereo not 5.1 or 7.1. Why waste the time doing it if you do a shitty job of it?

seriously this shit is worse than low birate HDTV

Thats why i used to get the 1:1 rips. Good to know though, prob saved me a lot of stress of getting back in the game.

half of the movie is black space which compresses well. I guess I dunno. Whatever.

8GB for a movie is still on the high side for most, and about average for a 1080p movie.

How to watch them on a smart TV thou?

I download the biggest versions I can find. The 50-60GB range is the most I've seen, and they are very rare.

I have 2 of these, each plugged into a receiver/YV in my 2 main rooms. They do 4K even though they are 3 years old now. Use a wireless keyboard/mouse and you are golden. 1000X better than a "smart" tv or Apple TV or any of those other things.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAZU5RC3034&cm_re=gigabyte_brix-_-9SIAAZU5RC3034-_-Product

Thanks man.
But $460, there's gotta be a cheaper way

there are - Intel NUCs and similar. Or just plug your notebook into it. Shit Intel makes a little thing the size of a candybar that is powered by your TV's USB that you can use:
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=intel compute stick&ignorear=0&N=-1&isNodeId=1

I keep mine sorted alphabetically.

By "I" do you actually mean your computer? Or is this bait.

So here is one of these little fuckers playing 4 1080p movies at the same time (with some space left over) on the 4K projector. Not bad I think.