m.youtube.com/watch?v=EB-fSOds9AU
youtube.com/watch?v=PDQF_NNqbJc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>iconic
It follows the comics.

It doesn't though, at all.

"and Bob........remember...you.......are my number one..................Guy!"

It really doesn't.
Even the costume's palette is different than the traditional one, all the designs were original, but the art direction is so cohesive that it became as iconic as 50 years of comics before it.

Most of what is considered iconic from Batman comics is from the 1980s and later, though.

It is aesthetically unique

Because Batman kills people in it

You people are literally watching this shit with nostalgia goggles on. The Joker is just Jack Nicholson in a costume.
>The shitty ass prince music
>Joker takes down the Bat-Plane with a revolver.
>The lolrandom art museum scene
>Batman getting his ass kicked by the Joker's black henchman.
>Fucking Arliss
>Batman revealing his identity on the second date.
>no build up in the romance between Vicky and bruce

>Knowing what Arliss is

Don't ever fucking reply to me again.

You got it.

WTF did I JUST say?

>Not spelling it Arli$$

This is now an Arli$$ thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=oQSbjrzZiVc

I remember being so pissed and disappointed when they replaced the batmobile in Forever with that other one

My dad watched this shit all the time. i remember fapping to the azn woman.

They didn't replace it, Bruce trashed it in Batman Returns and wasn't able to repair it.

I thought Val Kilmer did alright as Batman honestly. His seriousness contrasts perfectly with Jim Carrey's wackiness.

>those rubber bat fins that bouced up and down as the Batmobile ramped

It's really not iconic.

nostalgia

I like to pretend that Kilmer is the Azreal Jean-Paul Valley Batman, temporary filling in for an injured Bruce Wayne, who returns after having some excellent plastic surgery and psychological counseling.

you're just making it worse

fuck it's like the symbol of everything else that went to shit from Forever till B&R

tet

idiot.

>The shitty ass prince music
Woah fuck you buddy>>Joker takes down the Bat-Plane with a revolver.
Cool comic book moment
>The lolrandom art museum scene
helped define the Joker
>Batman getting his ass kicked by the Joker's black henchman.
This was before batgod became a set thing. Batman would have trouble fighting strong henchmen in comics of the 70's and 80's. He's human.
>Fucking Arliss
fun character
>Batman revealing his identity on the second date.
Works for the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=B0OFoi4Y2GM

Thanks for proving my point on how shitty it is now.
Faggot.

to be fair you make good points but don't underestimate nostalgia goggles or the first really great dark comic book movie, now movies are just rehashes and shit but back in the day we saw shit for the first time

That being said, prince, the revolver batwing, the museum bullshit scene etc were all pretty lame, shit I didn't even like Jack Nicholson as the joker when I was a kid

Me and my brother literally ALWAYS quote this when we talk about Val Kilmer.

It's literally based off the at the time newly released Dark Knight Returns, Burton gave Keaton a copy of the comic to convince him to do the movie

Don't get me wrong I liked it when I was a kid.

>how can one man be so smooth

jesus christ joel schumacher you piece of worthless shit

>it's the car right, chicks dig the car

so much fucking cringe

>nipples on the batsuit
And this is where it all started to fall apart

APOLOGIZE.

ignoring just the nipples though I remember loving the rest of the batsuits so much

You probably unironically like Heath Ledgers joker. Fuckin plebian kids these days, I swear

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EB-fSOds9AU

Better than Suicide Squad. At least this is ridiculously funny.

I'm 35 and like Heath's joker better than Nicholson's yes, deal with it

His take was alright. Stop trying to be a contrarian faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=PDQF_NNqbJc

TDKR has classic grey and blue batman, the black and yellow palette for the costume was invented by the movie's art director.

Do you even know that story and what it looks like? 'Cause it has nothing to do with Burton's Batman in any way.

the tacticool, "grounded" aesthetic of the Nolan and Snyder Batmans suck all the memorable fantastical elements from the character, leaving a mundane husk

They took the entire aesthetic and style from that and Killing Joke and those are the reasons Burton even made the movie.

>ive met jack Nicolson and that he how he acts irl

>It follows the comics.

It does not.

>It's literally based off the at the time newly released Dark Knight Returns

It is not.

The aesthetic has nothing to do with DKR either. Again, do you even know that comic?

Maybe you should ask Tim Burton that.

Tim Burton has said many times he doesn't like comics. If he ever said that, it was probably a PR thing.
But besides all that, I have read the comic and watched the movie, and they have absolutely nothing to do with each other except maybe Batman being a bit more merciless, but even that comes off totally different in both works.

If he doesn't like comics, why did he make a movie based off a comic?

>"I was never a giant comic book fan, but I've always loved the image of Batman and the Joker. The reason I've never been a comic book fan — and I think it started when I was a child — is because I could never tell which box I was supposed to read. I don't know if it was dyslexia or whatever, but that's why I loved The Killing Joke, because for the first time I could tell which one to read. It's my favorite. It's the first comic I've ever loved. And the success of those graphic novels made our ideas more acceptable."

> The reason I've never been a comic book fan — and I think it started when I was a child — is because I could never tell which box I was supposed to read

mfw he's this retarded

The cameras of the old days (from the 70s to around the early 2000s) made it easy to create iconic shots in movies. Today cameras are so high definition and create such crisp images that it becomes hard if not impossible to create shots that look "dreamy" and therefore memorable, if you know what I mean. At least that's my take on it. Think of iconic shots in films from 2005-2016, and then compare them to the endless amount of iconic shots from the 80s and 90s films

Money and making more movies with the same company
do you even Hollywood bro?

Because making movies is his job and they gave him a shitload of money.

>bruce wayne is eating at the table with whatever slut
>one of his hands are under the table
>he's hunched over like a gook eats salad
ruined the fucking movie for me. why is a well-raised upper class man eating like he's had a hard day in the mines

I have a similar problem. I never read comics growing up, so when I tried to read them as an adult, I would just read all the text first, and then realize I h ad no idea what was going on, because I hadn't looked at the pictures. Then I had to go through again, look at the images, and then read the text over again.
I think if you don't start reading them as a kid, you don't really have an instinct on how to read them.

He literally brought a copy of TDKR and gave it to Michael Keaton to show him what kind of Batman movie they were going to make

Probably because he's out kicking asses all night and his back hurts?

the set pieces and the atmosphere of Gotham is what defined Burton's Batman. He showed Gotham as a wet, dark, brooding city with towering sttatues in its gloomy atmosphere unlike Nolan's Chicago / New York cityesque

>"Jack Nickelson is the best joker"

I'll be honest, I had similar issues with american comics. I found the panels to be super cluttered and hard to follow the story etc. It's why I ended up preferring Japanese comics. Their panelling is much more interesting and easier to follow.

And it was

FUN

Not like grimdark Batman from Nolan and that other faggot.

Why does that batmobile literally look like a dick?

because you're a flaming faggot

seriously i have never looked at it as something that looks like a dick. that thing in the front is a turbine or some shit

Literally the aesthetic and Jack Nicholson are the only two things carrying the movie.