/CKG/ CAPEKINO GENERAL - MARTHA EDITION

Why was it so fucking good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RslcETyE2ec
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was masculine.

This. Compare BvS to civil war with it's faggoty spiderman.

It was made for fans of source material and not for critics. That's why it is so fucking awesome and badass.
Marvel do happy family safe movies for cucks and normies.

Jonathan "Pa" Kent is arguably the greatest villain in modern cinema. Zack Snyder turned a bland farmer from Kansas into more than just the adoptive father of Superman; Pa Kent is now the catalyst that turns the Over-Man into a vicious killer, a dark messiah who offers hope only of being in his shadow.
Jonathan Kent is not an important man on the surface. He has an ailing farm and a wife who may share a name with the Wayne matriarch but has none of the wealth or the charm as that Martha does. Plagued by the sounds and sights of drowning horses and his own premature impotence, Jonathan finds the child his wife always wanted in the alien he names Clark, the creature he sees as the ultimate tool of vengeance upon the world that has mistreated him. Gone are the dreams of old, gone the days of hard working men like President Truman or Jonathan's father. Now the world is a gutter, filled with the sex and blood of thieves, whore and murderers. Jonathan sees in Clark the potential to create a messianic figure, a symbol of hope people could look up to as their new god, and thus he begins to lay the groundwork of his plans. He almost blew his cover when Clark saved a busload of children from drowning. All the trouble to sabotage the bus' brakes, and now the boy ruins everything. Jonathan couldn't have his boy plagued by the same sights and sounds of drowning life as he himself is, so he had to take more drastic measures. He had to die before his son's eyes for a pointless reason, to show that the life of a human being is worth no more than that of a dog's.
Jonathan Kent will teach you the Superman. He is lightning, he is madness!

>U don't get the movie
>2deep4u guise

Is BvS the emo of the superhero movies?

I was one of those people who hated the theatrical cut, and honestly, I sucked so fucking bad.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, because I've never liked Snyder, but Snyder's own cut, the ultimate or whatever it's called, is actually a great fucking movie, a 9/10 for me.

It's 0% numale friendly

I've buitl a fucking shrine to Zach Snyder and have a dildo mounted on there so I can suck his dick everyday, I watch the Ultimate Cut whenever I'm at home, when my alarm clock goes off I push one button and it starts playing in the bathroom, I take a shower with it. And this goes on throughout the day. Marvel will never know the religious kino that is bvs. God is dead, and Zach snyder has replaced him. Glory to God Zach.

Because its the gift that keeps on giving.
Also the visual tone, cinematography, score and action scenes were all great

Was just let down by a bad theatrical cut and WB demanding too much content in one film.
Zack should be lauded for actually making a working film out of it all, not to mention crafting literal CapeKino

>Source Material
>Emo Supes
>Murderbat
Fuck off

don't ever talk shit about the theatrical cut again, it's just as kino as the ultimate

>I didn't get it therefore it should be bad
What kind of logic is that?

When will Marvelfags learn?

holy crap still shilling this shit like it was still on theaters?

So he's uncle ben

Shame they're poorly told stories since they're photographed quite well.

Ultimate pleb filter film tbhfams. Glad I passed the test and appreciated the effort that went into this film. A genuine 8/10

the plural form of "fám" is senpai, desu

Op Ivy is a damn good band tho

Like Snyder.

youtube.com/watch?v=RslcETyE2ec

>11:28

Based snyder ftw!

le virgin, the post.

go
watch
something
else

That's not capekino. This is capekino

Truly, a masterpiece of a film. Nobody should just dismiss praises of it as either sarcasm, jokes, or bait because this film is so good. In fact, it's so good, everybody actually like it and just pretends to hate it. Even if somebody does give it such encomiums in a manner that indicates they're joking, their praises are probably true of BvS. That's how good it is.

Truly and without guile, bravo, Snyder.

I can't evey say anymore, are you memeing or not. This movie is generic pretentious flick 6/10, but a terrible adaptation 2/10.

I wanted to like this film SO much but even the things that critics seem to like about it I tend to find I can't find any love for....

like the cinematography is obviously better than any marvel film but even so, the excess of CGI even when its not needed and the darkness of the fight scenes often just made it look like crap to me. Snyder's fight scenes often look like video game footage to me, really dimly lit video game footage....

and while I don't necessarily object to a stoic Supes, an older/pessimistic Bats, or a young Luthor, I felt like all three of the acting performances made me cringe in the theater watching them

and again- I wanted badly to like this film I was hyping it from the very first teaser and told everyone I knew that it would be great despite early bad reviews

but now I can't even rewatch it because its genuinely too cringe for me. Every Lex scene Eissenberg is so over the top and campy I can't handle it. Cavill clearly can't act and just looks sort of vaguely pissed off and constipated, he has no charisma despite being objectively good looking and superman-looking. Even Ben Affleck who I had really high hopes for there are moments where the performance seemed forced or over the top.

help me, bros, what can I do to find the love in this movie ? i want to enjoy it so bad

Read every single theory about how this film is good, whether discussing the every possibly analogy that makes up the events, or every possible use of symbolism, and every possible resembles another in a famous movie, and keep doing that until you enjoy it. Otherwise, you can't say it's a bad movie.

I have and I read a lot of DC comics so it isn't like I'm unaware of the source material (if anything I think it just makes me more upset at how much they changed some of the characters or went against established canon but even that I could've lived with because who cares movies are a different medium than comics)

and I don't deny there were a lot of good IDEAS that seemed to happen through the process of coming up with this movie

but man it just feels like most of them were executed like shit. like every single aspect of this film from the cinematography to the acting just got the ball and then fumbled and dropped it.

I really respect Amy Adams and Ben for their acting but in this film most of the time it seemed like they were just reading lines from a teleprompter or something. the lois/clark relationship felt totally cold.

I didnt even have a problem with the "martha" plot solution that everyone seems to make fun of, what got me about that scene was Cavill's embarassingly bad acting when he tries to pretend he's in pain

and again, that fight scene, parts of it looked awesome but other parts just looked like video game footage not even from a new game but from like a 2005 pc game ....

I'm a DC fanboy so I've defended this movie against people I know who are marvel shills but deep down in my heart I feel like I know it's shit and any theory about why its kino is just desperate audience members trying to overly read into what's essentially a piece of poorly managed and executed garbage.

it had good ideas but once it got to making it it became a heartless corporate blockbuster film and the good ideas only served to make it feel like a pretentious one

Because it respects the lore, the deepest, deepest lore. And it isn't ashamed to embrace comics at their most artistic. It isn't afraid to take chances.

A little conjecture on world-building: .

>fans of the source material
>batman murders everyone in his way
>lex is fucking awful
>superman is just there to look sad and jerk off
>doomsday looks like a piece of shit (literally)

MCU (Capeshit) - Harry Potter
BvS( Capekinó) - LoTR
Avatar (haütte diezłomåtografia) - The Brothers Karamazov

You know what an Elseworlds story is? You know why they're made and what they're frequently used for?

The irony here has gone too far

It's not all irony. There's also cognitive dissonance. People don't like having their beliefs and views challenged and become dismissive of those that do, regardless of how much validity and supporting evidence they bring to the discussion.

People saw this movie expecting a big, dumb blockbuster, so they turned their brains off in expectation of a simple, straightforward action romp. It was none of those things, but people refuse to see it from any other perspective.

It's like calling "Planet of the Apes" a shitty rom com because it wasn't funny.

how is it a terrible adaptation? petty much all the characters were spot on

perhaps its just not for you, its good you tried to watch objectively and if you dislike it you dislike it, cant help that

They want it to be "The Dark Knight Returns." They can't comprehend that it is, just with the roles reversed.

>emo superman
>murderous batman
>quirky lex
yeah, no. ww was the most in character if anything.

it had influences sure, but was ultimately nothing like DKR

pretty sure that already had a film anyway

is everyone in this thread pretending to be retarded again?

>emo superman
hardly emo, but again nothing new, plenty of comics have done this
>murderous batman
Again, nothing new, especially considering every other movie batman's killed people
>quirky lex
ok so you are just trolling, gg

just you freind, only you're not pretending

One day the majority will unironically claim it's amazing. Shame, we could be shilling the true capekino instead.

I want you to really think about this.

In DKR, Superman is a reluctant pawn of the government/military/elite and Batman inspires him him to remember the hero he once was and he reveals his change of heart by Bruce's graveside. Bruce is buried, but alive.

In BvS, Batman is an unwitting pawn of the government/military/elite(through its proxy, Lex) and Superman inspires him to remember the hero he once was and he reveals his change of heart by Clark's graveside. Clark is buried, but alive.

Even the themes are all still in play, most notably that one hero has compromised his code while the other has not, and that hero's refusal to compromise is what leads to the change of heart in the other.

I don't know what comics you've been reading but please get better taste.

so you never read Birthright, kingdom come or any other iconic superman comics?

Im not sure im the one you need to lecture on getting better taste

The ultimate cut was even worse than the theatrical cut

Sort of just skimmed through your response, but it seems you still don't like it, so you reached the wrong conclusion.

Again, go through every fan theory, interpretation, and review until you understand, not only that BvS is the greatest comicbook film, but a flawless masterpiece of cinema, and truly deserve the title of "capekino."

The best part is that all those various analyses are complimentary and prove just how layered and multifaceted a movie this really is.

Exactly. Even if most of them contradict each other or seem completely implausible, we can know Snyder meant either all of them, or something even more profound that nobody has discovered yet. I'm sure true believers will, years, perhaps decades from now, still learn at the alter of Snyder's magnum opus and discover hidden secrets that can only reveal themselves and be understood after profuse contemplation and thorough examination.

Find contradiction.

Well, like when people interpret Superman as representing the US interventionist foreign policy and other people say he represents moderate Muslims. Completely valid metaphors, and probably true in some way, but a contradiction, or at least a paradox, probably intended by Snyder.

I've never heard anyone interpret him as representative of U.S. foreign policy.

It makes some sense. Superman is this (supposed) beacon of hope trying to meddle in other countries affairs whether they like it or not, and the countries of the world represent the UN, while Lex represents extremist Islamists and Batman represents non-Muslims who oppose this intervention. Doomsday represents ISIS.

interesting premise, which holds well for 90% of the film before becoming a more mediocre and standard comic book movie
fantastic visuals
some memorable lines
some amazing action scenes

Fans of the source material hate BvS.
BvS was made for the Hot Topic audience like all DCEU films.

You sure you're not just playing madlibs with someone else's interpretation?

I hope you're aware of how transparent your attempt is.

Well, the other guy had something for Wonder Woman, but that was complete bullshit. Wonder Woman was probably forced into the script from some executive and doesn't quite work within Snyder's plan.

But I am entirely serious about Superman representing US foreign policy, at least more than modern Muslims, which is indefensibly stupid, unless the conclusion is that we should have a plan to destroy them in case it's necessary.

>so you never read Birthright,
>I have. There's a reason it's not canon.
>kingdom come
OH. You mean the one comic that is a direct commentary on how violent, emo super heroes aren't the answer and how an emo Superman is a BAD IDEA?
Have YOU read it?
>or any other iconic superman comics?
Such as?

Superman isn't meant to be and emo douchebag that constantly sobs and questions his place in the world.

Try understanding the character. I don't blame you for liking this stupid ass movie but don't come here claiming is a good portrayal of the character.

It's a shit portrayal of a bad iteration of the character.

>>Fans of the source material hate BvS.

aspergers obsessed with the source material hate bvs because it differs slightly from what they used to. Human-nerd hybrids fan of the source material loved it.

There are people who are so nostalgia ridden who think b:tas was better than bvs, but it simply isn't... b:tas was a good kid cartoon, while bvs is a good movie.

Personally I loved the batman on the brink of insanity and the human superman- pure and all powerful but vulnerable in the sense that he can't always take the best choice and makes mistakes

I can see what you're saying about foreign policy, but saying him being representative of the "silent majority" of the Muslim community is indefensibly stupid is going to take more than just you saying it is to make your opinion carry any weight.

This guy gets it

If you think Kingdom Come is about an emo Superman, try reading it again with some life experience under your belt.

The movie was ass, get over it

Oh look. School's out on the east coast.

Because it fails to take into consideration the way Superman interfered with the affairs of every single country, which was the central conflict of the movie. How could the movie's allegory not take this into account, and merely represent Superman's persecution, which is barely even happening to Muslims to most countries? Muslims don't interfere to the extent Superman did and they don't have his unlimited power, making the metaphor quite weak.

No, you utter retard, I said that the book comments on how an emo Superman is a bad idea.

The emo superman of the story is Magog.

Work on that reading comprehension, champ.

You probably do get it, except unlike you i like it for what it is. Crying 2deep4u just makes you yourself look insecure over your own tastes my fambalam

Magog isn't even in the same ballpark as Superman. Visually, he's basically Cable, and representative of the morally grey heroes so prevalent in the 90s.

That's why him getting a free pass on acting as judge, jury, and executioner was such a big deal. He's what society embraced. Superman walked away and abandoned humanity to the consequences of that choice.

This is never going to end, is it?

So no one's afraid of the Muslim immigrants and protesting their arrival anywhere in the world? No one's painting them as being complicit in the actions of extremists via their silence and inaction?

The place where comparing him to U.S. foreign policy really falls apart, though, is in his silence and lack of communication. America is many things, but quiet isn't one of them.

Because it wasn't.

>Magog isn't even in the same ballpark as Superman. Visually, he's basically Cable, and representative of the morally grey heroes so prevalent in the 90s
Yeah, dumbass. The book literally tells you how the public chooses Magog over Superman as Metropolis' "new superman". And see where that decision leads humanity to.

Like, I don't even get what you keep arguing here.

A fair point, but again, Muslims aren't interfering to the extent Superman was, which is where the metaphor also falls apart. They also aren't an unstoppable force greater than anything else in existence, which is also where the metaphor falls apart.

The lack of silence on the part of Americans is outweighed by the lack of intervention and threat that Muslims represent, which was much more important to the BvS than Superman's silence.

Both are pretty shitty metaphors tbqh.

Being the "new Superman" isn't the same thing as being "Emo Superman." If you can't see what Magog represents in terms of comic book lore, there's really not much helping you.

What he represents was blatantly obvious to everyone but you, apparently. It was obvious to me when I read it straight off the shelves, metallic arm, facial scar, and all.

If it annoys you so badly then filter BvS you faggot.

I have GoT and drWHO filtered and my Sup Forums going experience has sufficiently improved

There's no need to add your useless 2 cents to capekino discussion

He wasn't even interfering all that much. The hearings specifically revolved around his involvement with the events in Nairomi.

Magog is the same thing as Cavill's Superman. It doesn't get much clearer than that.

The fact that he looks like Cable is only as you said, visually. He's a parallel of extreme, emo bullshit heroes from the 90s and Cavill is basically that too. Me calling him Emo Superman is nothing but a moniker that for some reason seems to trigger you so. Magog even becomes literally an emo Superman after Kansas blows up.

Magog sends Superman away and becomes The New Superman, for all intents and purposes and the real Superman can't deal with that decision. For someone that states that he understood the book perfectly you only seem to remember what suits your argument.

God it's exhausting arguing with you BvS idiots. Enjoy your movie whatever.

>He wasn't even interfering all that much.
Certainly, he was. There was plenty of commotion in the movie about how Superman would travel across the world and was a completely unstoppable power, the last of which I fail to see how it applies to Muslims.

Cavill's Superman would only be comparable to Magog if he was killing criminals and walking away from it to the resounding cheers of the public.

It's not the same story, although the same message is there in the subtext. By dropping a freshly-minted Superman into what is for all intents and purposes a Nolan-esque universe, it highlights precisely how poor a fit he is for such a eating and illustrates how by making our "heroes" more like us, we rob them of their power and myth.

Unlike Kingdom Come's Superman, Cavill's Superman doesn't walk away. In fact, one could say he sacrificed himself to elevate a mundane world into the sort of place that once again has room for larger-than-life icons.

So what that grid is getting at, is that Marvel are downright Kubrickian, with gorgeous flat visuals that imprint themselves into your eyes, whilst DC is edgy tryhard filmschool dropout le ebin focus shit?

With all of Europe fretting(justifiably, mind you) over how immigrants are pouring over their borders, I can see how the parallel would elude you.

Bear in mind, no one cares when he engages in totally humanitarian activities like rescuing people from fires or rescues astronauts. It's only when his actions take him into the realm of political hotspots that the government takes an interest.

So they ignore him when his efforts are saving lives with no political undertones, sort of like you never hear our media have much, if anything, to say about Muslim humanitarian organizations like the Red Crescent, but they'll tell you about ISIS all the live-long day.

Also, remember, on top of everything else, Superman is the story of the eternal alien, the quintessential immigrant story.

After further consideration, there's a lot to be said about the Muslim metaphor, but as expected, it's been immensely overstated, and let's be real, doesn't make the film much better.

The 9/11 imagery in the opening scene is obvious Superman could be said to represent moderate Muslims and Batman suspicious Americans and Doomsday ISIS, but in every other regard, the metaphor fails. Superman was clearly defeating the threat on that day when Metopolis was partially destroyed, which is equivalent to nothing that Muslims did. Muslims don't represent some undefeatable force, or if they do, certainly not the most powerful force in existence. They haven't assumed some omnipotent Jesus-like figure distributing justice across the globe, (at least not in any commonly-thought-of positive way), any connection between ISIS and Doomsday creation would have to be incoherent, conspiratorial, and most likely coincidental, Wonder Woman would have no place in the metaphor, Muslims certainly have not responded to ISIS in the way Superman did to Doomsday, and plenty of other ways the film can be said to have little to do with Muslims.

However, it is very plausible that the conflict with Muslims and the West did influence the scriptwriting process and does add some depth to it to the movie, but not a considerable amount and certainly not enough to turn a terrible movie into a great one.

>no one cares when he engages in totally humanitarian activities like rescuing people from fires or rescues astronauts
I would say this is correct, but people are definitely concerned with him being an unstoppable force, which the immigration crisis is certainly no equivalent, or a very poor one. This is why I originally recommended the US because its military might and it being the only superpower, (though greatly reduced in its comparative strength since the 90s), is the closest thing that resembles Superman's power, not Muslim immigrants.

>if anything, to say about Muslim humanitarian organizations like the Red Crescent
user, you have to admit that's pretty weak. The entirety of Superman's character is one of unstoppable strength that could obliterate all civilization, but one that decides to selfishly act peacefully instead, which would be a very bizarre picture of Muslims, no matter peaceful they may generally be.

> the quintessential immigrant story.
If that were the case, they wouldn't be making statues of him.

That's because the message is for both sides. There are no "dindus" here. If Muslims want to be better regarded by the West, they need to tank their own monsters from time to time and do a better job of defining who they are and what they believe. The West needs to pull its head out of its ass, stop chasing vengeance, stop letting the elite lead us around by the nose through fear-mongering and appeals to paranoia and xenophobia, and do a better job of listening to what *is* being said.

Until those things happen, the elite will keep on propping up new monsters to distract us while they're waist-deep in oil making deals with the real devil.

Specifically, it's most likely Pakistan. They're nuclear and a nuclear exchange between them and their perennial enemies India could very well lead to a scenario that "burns the whole place down."

>If Muslims want to be better regarded by the West, they need to tank their own monsters from time to time
Well that didn't happen. That still makes the commentary on the creation of ISIS conspiratorial and incoherent, as if some force that wanted to destroy Muslims also created ISIS when its the Jews who created ISIS to massively increase immigration from Muslims into the West in order to destroy it from the inside

>The West needs to pull its head out of its ass, stop chasing vengeance
K. That's a pretty idiotic view of homeland security, as if the suspicion of Muslims wouldn't be due to a possible propensity on their part to cause terrorism, not vengeance for 9/11, which would hardly apply to every single Western country which, while they might sympathize with America because of 9/11, wouldn't construct a policy against Muslims out of vengeance for it. This movie's commentary is about a decade late in relevance in some parts.

Also, the movie did quite a poor job trying to attack the view that we should be suspicious of Muslims, as it gave the entity that represents them, or at least modern Muslims, the power to destroy any country, meaning, realistically, the governments of the world should probably have some plan in mind to stop Superman, and whether we should do so against Muslims is the question we face, which this movie doesn't really confute.

Also, unlike in the movie, where the entity representing radical Islam comes up in like the last fifteen minutes, radical Islam is a problem that's always prevalent and almost entirely the source of the mistrust towards all Muslims. So somebody there clearly fucked up in integrating the plot and the metaphor.

>the elite will keep on propping up new monsters
Again, this is an incoherent, conspiratorial, and wrong view, if only because it fails to name the Jew, or recognize that if Lex, if he actually represents him, would be trying to integrate Superman into the West so he could destroy it, or allow it to be more easily enslaved, even when the details of this plan aren't fully known.

ISIS came about through a mixture of Western money, Western training, and muddled foreign policy. How intentional it was is irrelevant. It's still useful chaos for those in a position to exploit it.

K, but Lex clearly made it to destroy Superman. Also, this would restict Supermnan's symbolism to not Muslims immigrants as a whole, but just moderate ones, as it's clear there have been plenty who have sympathized with ISIS. It seems like every time you try to connect something essential in the film to reality, there are two other essential elements that make it a bad metaphor.

Again, the metaphor isn't good enough to make this film some underappreciated masterpiece, but it goes far in explaining the bizarre character choices when they're suppose to represent something in a metaphor, which is probably something to do with Muslims.

>Also, the movie did quite a poor job trying to attack the view that we should be suspicious of Muslims, as it gave the entity that represents them, or at least modern Muslims, the power to destroy any country, meaning, realistically, the governments of the world should probably have some plan in mind to stop Superman, and whether we should do so against Muslims is the question we face, which this movie doesn't really confute.

See .

No, he didn't *clearly* do that. I'm sure Lex would have been happy to aid in the destruction of whichever "alien menace" survived the fight.

Unfortunately, neither party played ball. Superman didn't kill the Batman, and against all odds, they both not only came out of their fight alive, but also cooperating. That's the point where all his carefully layer schemes fell completely, irrevocably apart.

Something that's yet to happen in the real world.

Pakistan makes a poor representation of Superman, as, with the exception of Iran, the world's largest sponsor of terrorism and has been suspected to be a haven for Al-Qaeda. Also, clearly not the world's greatest superpower with the capability of destroying the entire world. Pakistan can be said to be many things, but not the world's "Superman."

Once again, one step forward in proving this metaphor and two steps back.

>. I'm sure Lex would have been happy to aid in the destruction of whichever "alien menace" survived the fight.
And why are you sure? How would is possibly benefit him to create a monster that would destroy the other, meaning one is left? This is an example of something that might make sense in some bizarrely idiotic metaphor, but little sense in the context of the film, unless he knew both would destroy each other.

>Superman didn't kill the Batman,
That's besides the point as to what would have been the result of the battle between Doomsday and Superman.

i love the source material, and love bvs. Wat'chu gonna do.

>I have. There's a reason it's not canon.
Neither are the films retard, also >shit tlking birthright

friend you're fucking retarded

Yes. It that's what it's saying. If Islam really is the "religion of peace," it needs reform. It needs to stop letting certain "holy men" twist it into something monstrous. In effect, it needs to go to war with itself, die in the process if need be, and let something purer and more clearly defined rise from its ashes.

I almost wonder if that's what we'll see when Superman rises.