>Brazil
>Venezuela
>Colombia
>Mexico
>Saudi Arabia
>1st world

the absolute STATE of no zealand in that map

At least we have hot women with little noses

Is this why amerifats dont have electric kettles?

all the countries you named are more first world than argentina

at least we're not starving

history
same reason we use imperial measurements, we adapted before the standard was set, and its too expensive to fix now (with the cost to change over rising exponentially every year that it doesnt get fixed)

Japan had two competing power grids because they built them back when the technology was first invented
neither standard wanted to give up, and now its just the status qou

lmao is that Liberia that is orange in Africa? It's adorable how they try to be as American as possible

lol sure, user, keep deluding yourself

If you die there of electrocution at least it'll be first world

How many american powerpoints does it take to power a lightbulb?

Hard times makes strong men

I don't know if strong, but for sure you'll be slim

Chavez will protect me from the heaven

We actually use both, a 240/120 system.

>its too expensive to fix now

And it already was during the 50s and 60s when they were thinking about changing it as Europe was rebuilding, but over here most people already had a shitload of appliances and everything so they decided it wasn't worth it.

We should be stripped orange and light blue desu.
t.ECE

sure thing lad, remember to ask for his protection the next time you see a canary

Why is it most areas can get together to share power (you need the same frequency) but South America lost its mind?

la dieta de maduro te pone DURO
it is my shitposting time go eat arepa

fuck texas

tell that to africa

got cucked by amerilards

good work argentina

Actually, for some reason the regulatory body that switched to that plug, decided to change the live and neutral contacts. So while I could plug an Australian apliance on my house with no adapter, and not die as long as it was properly designed, I would probably not be allowed to import more than 3 without the government nagging at me and demanding for me to hire authorized personnel to certify it.

t. I worked at a workshop doing that for a year

que paso manaure te me vas a revela bruja

brazil was a mistake

No we don't because a gas burner is quicker/cheaper unless we are rural and then we use an electric range with a kettle on top. Basically having an electric kettle is a sign of living in a van or shitty temporary housing dorm room.

well if you had proper electricity it would be quicker, takes me 30 seconds to boil a cup of water

Yes I'm aware they are a special snowflake but they can isolate themselves from everyone else and has access to fossil fuel reserves. It's baller to be honest.

Everyone assumes even if the entire continent had universal standards they would still be retarded as far as standards went

a cheap 2 cent transformer does the same exact thing (which can be built into the electric kettle)

we dont use them because gas is cheaper and more efficient at heating

In the USA houses have two phases by means of a center tapped distribution transformer, which gives 120V AC and 240V AC to the house.

120V AC is used for general power outlets and lighting with 240V AC being used for high power devices such as electric hot plates, ovens and refrigerated AC.

In older USA homes 15A breaker circuits are used for general power points but in newer homes thicker wire gets used and 20A circuit breaker circuits are used for general power points.

In Australia for a house normally 16A circuit breaker circuits are used for general power points.

Anyway power = voltage x current thus a 2kW electric kettle immersion element on 240V would pull 2kW/240V = 8.3A while for 120V you get 2kW/120V = 16.6A.

In Australia electric kettles with 2kW immersion elements are fairly common while in the USA 1kW immersion elements tend to be used due to circuit breaker limit hence the longer water boil times for the USA.

>He says, breathing a sigh of relief that his post was able to upload in between power outages

good post

>Madagascar

WE FIRST WORLD NOW

Burgundy = first world

It's a fucking hassle to travel to undeveloped countries that use weird looking plugs and needing to get an adapter