What are Sup Forums's thoughts on Dungeons and Dragons? Any players or dungeon masters on here...

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on Dungeons and Dragons? Any players or dungeon masters on here? Or do you all think it's gay?

Other urls found in this thread:

icutit.xyz/gGoxnDb8m
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I would like to play. Never have before, but I think life might get in the way and I'd stop playing.

It's not hard to get into. You can find all the books and stuff online. If you want to play, but don't have friends check out Roll20.net. It's an online version of D&D

love it; its dope

D&D you say

D&D is fun if you have a good group. If you have a group of normal-ish friends who don't take it super seriously it's just like playing a boardgame with some beers/weed and good friends. Lots of laughing. If your group is a bunch of sperglords who take it super seriously, it almost always devolves into cringey roleplaying and nerd power tripping that ends up sucking ass.

It's very straight

Fap it
icutit.xyz/gGoxnDb8m

I play and i hate it
DND is fun
DMs and Players are trash

thats my favoorite way to play honestly

I find it the exact opposite. It's people who don't take it seriously that ruin our campaigns

Meh, when i was in school my dad wouldnt let me play. Said it was for dope smokers "weed."

So instead i starting drinking before and after school when i wasnt at work.

My junior / senior year i hung out with the d&d and magic the gathering crowd but never really played more than a couple of times and felt out of place.

But we still friends bow and 1 bro even has his own comic shop with like 30 bigass tables for games. Open every day.

I don't wanna play online, I wanna play IRL but I don't think I have enough people to play.

I started DMing a campaign with some friends and thankfully they are really awesome to play with. We have some the roleplay and some that don't but I don't mind either way as long as we're all having fun.

You've got to take it seriously to a certain degree or else there's no point playing it.

I prefer Pathfinder. It's better developed and more rounded.

You'll find a group if you check social sites for it - best way to start.

Wtf is thos in every thread?

Its mad fun
I was just blowin dude up in the last game. Just straight burning them to ashes en mass
If war crimes were a thing then I would be #1 on the list and these motherfuckers summon demons

The thing about good groups is correct though. I like to play semi seriously, with roleplaying in character but still lot of laughs and drinks
Hard to find the right people though
Its why our group only has 3 people in it rn

I enjoy a mixture of the two. I DM for a group of friends and although we adhere to the rules and style of playing, we have fun with it. Can't say the same when I had someone go on a rape fest in a game I tried to DM years ago.

Yep - with you on that. Not to a spergy level, but throw in an accent, think like your character would and came the out of game chitchat to a bare fucking minimum.

It really makes for a great session and half a day can pass by in the blink of an eye in a good group.

are there any local game shops in your area? Many of those places run adventurers league where you can hop in and out of games at your own discretion. They'll teach you how to create a character and how to play after that you can play whenever you want no strings attached.

A good DM deals with that properly and easily though.

You either come OOC and tell them to stop or they'll be asked to leave if it's making people uncomfortable or ruining the game

Create a relevant level of reaction in game to make their life a misery or if you have to, kill their character but give them plenty of chances to stop.

I often found the best way was for the local militia / guards / whatever to simple arrest and imprison them for the remainder of the game.

same here but I don't mind how small the group is as long as we're having a good time.

I play D&D and DM a few other Star Wars Edge of the Empire tabletop games. Both are lots of fun

how are the star wars tabletops compared to D&D?

There's a reason we call old virgins "wizards".
>But I guess since being gay involves having sex, you can't call D&D gay

Nice dubs.
Idk I'll have to look. There was one when I was a kid. Got a fucking holographic Charizard one time from there. But that place got leveled and a new store is there. Anyways I'll look around. Thanks man.

>y, those are $0?

The main thing about playing D&D is that unless everyone gets along well it will crash and burn.

Dont play with co-workers if you can help it.

If I was playing anything other than a widespread destruction caster type we would have been boned with how small our group is. A single large fighter would fuck us all the way up and a big group of enemies would piss on our corpses
Its harder for a DM to balance encounters with a smaller group

I ran a star wars GURPS campaign a while back, worked pretty well

Unenjoyable time sink.

I just started playing and I can't wait to see where the story takes our group. D&D is awesome

I play pathfinder as both a GM and player. I've been GMing the same game for 3 years, and a buddy has been GMing his game that I play in for nearly 4 years. I'm also going through the Starfinder adventure path, once that's done I'm gonna create my own story within that.

Likely heavy space horror.

Lmao I would cock slap my friends and never play again if he got that salty about his gay ass game.

>>/tg/

Yea, and this life fail doesn't even notice, that after posting the shit yesterday the URL is off

In one of my pathfinder games a player wanted to invite a friend into the game, I said sure. They friend played 2 games and then decided he wanted to go off the rails and become a serial rapist in a town. After the 3rd rape I had an Inevitable arrive, hunt him down, pose as a would be victim. It defeated him in combat, and executed him behind an ally.

I then told the asshole to go home.

Shipping to Europe

Magic is better

>elf deck
good shit

>2018
Not playing Starfinder