Useful trb-related links:
pastebin.com/grLucSzY

Macca's official /trb/ database:
2015: pastebin.com/uj27eQhe
2016: pastebin.com/7e3Vv0ap

youtube.com/watch?v=jTZHSQG1YFs

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liga_MX#Previous_Qualification_Tournaments
community.sigames.com/topic/386935-the-addition-of-dutch-lower-leagues-help-thread
community.sigames.com/topic/388359-dutch-football-pyramid-based-on-real-life/
fmscout.com/c-fm17-leagues.html?id=4084
fmscout.com/a-dutch-lower-leagues-fm17.html
community.sigames.com/topic/386935-the-addition-of-dutch-lower-leagues-help-thread/?page=6
www39.zippyshare.com/v/fjggfzHJ/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Eternal you should just go to

Simply stop using him as an AP. The role makes it so that the player is basically inhibited in his ability to penetrate, he gets an extreme focus on being open to receive a pass and to stay outside the box at all times (only penetrating the box if the ball is near the goal line) to give other attackers the space to attack the box themselves. If you use an AP, the best you an hope for goals-wise is rare longshots - or to have a player who is fantastic enough to score regardless.

It's not like using a player as an AM makes him lose his playmaking ability. It's just that his preferences/playstyle becomes less extreme and less shifted towards retaining the ball and passing it forward, and more about doing what's generally the smartest idea (or at least doing what the player considers to be the best idea).

Playmaker roles are a shit meme and one should only use them sparingly, perhaps after choosing a formation and realizing that you have enough attacking threat but not enough passing options.

Also lads, I just wanted to remind you all that we'll win the treble next year (Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal and German Supercup)

eternal kys

shit, i thought the fa cup final was tomorrow

FPBP

>china

hi

wake up trb you're too young to die

make it on a sunday and half of malaysia doesn't turn up to work tomorrow

>overachieving in a save that i wanted to be a comfy midtable regen producing one
>lost all my will to play

is there a worse feel?

underachieving in a save you wanted to be a comfy midtable producing one

you can easily get motivated to get better. but in my case it is a dead end. cuck board will raise expectations, half of my first xi are already being monitored right now and comfiness is gone.

So guys, attribute masking on or off?

On

I remember back when I last played FM I used to start with just the English leagues, then a few seasons in switch on the Italian, Spanish and French leagues.

To fill the newly 'activated' teams with players you'd get random regens that were incredible. Teams like Atalanta would suddenly have a team full of regens with ridiculous stats and start dominated their league and in Europe.

Was fun, you could get loads of really good young players this way as they all had the same low release fee for some reason. It was a bit of a cheat.

Does this still happen in the newest one?

bang?

1/2

or

yes, if that estimated cost is reliable
last time I tried to sign a good young player from a big spanish team he immediately signed a new contract with a 46m release clause

8m release clause like, not too bad. I dont URGENTLY need him in the first team anyway

oh
if you can get him without bankrupting your club, he does look the slightly better of the two

just buy him for the name

ramia is going to be miles better I think, and non-EU depending on where you're managing.

Does anyone have a good facepack that isn't divided in a thousand parts like those from sortitoutsi?

>Black goalkeeper

kek never mind

r8 this young faggy guyz

>brexit

decent/10
how are you planning to use him? not big and brave enough to be a centre forward, not quick and composed enough to be a poacher, can't cross, not a great passer
I'm sure some of that can be fixed since he's so young, I'm just not sure what direction I'd take him in

first time i ever started with no experience or past

Currently at ayr united where i saved them from relegation first season and got promoted 2 years later. My crowning achievement this save so far

Probably going right back down tho

RODAAAAA

VETTEL

today is/was a good day

time for fm

>EVERY good young EU fullback is a left-footed leftback

Sending you my energy user, gl.

>good fullbacks
>existing

>khabarovsk promoted to the russian premier league
wew laddie. now they just need to get into european competition somehow

anybody know what happens if you are doing a coaching course and you get sacked or take another job

Is FM 2017 worth getting during the Steam sale in June if I already own '16?

Guess the final score

6-1 of course

0-6?

6-0?

I was expecting a 6-0

>reloading

Hi /trb/
Just got FM17, my first football manager game ever.
I've started with Lincoln in an attempt to get premiership football. I was wondering what are key things I should do to ensure I perform adequately?
So far I've ensured my backroom staff are all best in the league and aside from this I'm a bit lost on what to do next?

Get a parent club, loan good players from them, cut deadwood in your own team, play 4-3-3 at all times

I'll advice you to start with a big club like real bayern etc.. to learn the root of the game before trying a lower club.

We are hanging strong halfway thru the season. Safety is within touching distance

assess who your best players are, decide generally what kind of football you're going to play (counterattacking? route one shite? short passing? etc.)
spend some time early on setting up a coherent tactic or three that allows you to play your best players in roles that suit them really well, then strengthen the squad with new signings as needed (loans/free transfers probably)
when creating your tactic try to have a balance of support/attack/defend duties (3 poachers ahead of a shadow striker will struggle to produce chances; a midfield full of guys with attack duties won't defend
and bear in mind that in FM, "ball-winning midfielder" doesn't mean "sits in front of the back 4," it means "n'golo kanté on cocaine"

You scroll down the page and download the torrent version.

I suppose it's realistic. Not that many out there outside of Dani Alves.

>Sagna

Doing a Mexican club playthrough
How do I qualify to the libertadores as a Mexican club?

Either win the Ouverture tournament or the Closing one, don't remember which, just look at the rules in FM on the competition's page.

is that the gypsy magic I've heard so much about?

Something in the water down there changes their brain chemistry

I do sure love being fucked

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liga_MX#Previous_Qualification_Tournaments
>Can't qualify for the Libertadores anymore because CONCACAF

>this away Ligue 1 form
kill me, just lost a 6 pointer to PSG

>Losing the derby

Dont know which dutch tier 3 or lower team to manage.. Considering editing promotion relegation for next season so I can play Achilles 29. Might also just fast forward a season and pick up the relegating team from tier 2.

two times in a row too...and they're shit I don't know what the problem is

There isn't a proper Dutch lower leagues db. I know it, I wanted to manage in the Netherlands but whoever makes the db on SI forums just disappears most of the time, reappears when someone posts something in the thread to say "I've been busy", and then goes AWOL again.

>community.sigames.com/topic/386935-the-addition-of-dutch-lower-leagues-help-thread

I have found a guy that has made the entire pyramid, also a very realistic one down to 6th tier.

That's only for the 16/17 season from 17/18 and onwards the game let's Mexican clubs go to libertadores

To find good databases i usually just go to the fm forum of that country. Works pretty well most of the time.

I tried them all for FM17. I can't recall one that works properly. Else, I'd be managing and shitposting instead of just shitposting.

I mean you aren't going to get 100% accuracy.. But 95% is still fine with me. How do you mean not work properly?

This one:
>community.sigames.com/topic/388359-dutch-football-pyramid-based-on-real-life/
Goes to tier 6 in its latest revision (3.1 or something, it's the exact same thread I linked to). It's the most realistic one. However, the holiday system doesn't work, which means the players get two weeks of holidays despite being done with the league a good month ago. Which means that when you start playing those CL/EL Quali rounds, your team will be shot unless you consistently send them on holiday yourself for weeks. Which is completely inane. Also, the U19s and Reserves leagues are garbage. They just are, don't go and try for yourself.

This one:
>fmscout.com/c-fm17-leagues.html?id=4084
Is not even remotely realistic, and the U19s/U21s system over 21 leagues is just a fuckery too. Also, the user decided to rename the clubs and competitions in Dutch for some reason while he really should've just left that crap alone thank you very much.

This one:
>fmscout.com/a-dutch-lower-leagues-fm17.html
I don't exactly remember why I don't like it, but if I didn't I'd be playing it and you wouldn't hear me moaning.

>I have completed all full club names for the club from Lvl1 to Lvl 6. This i because i can't stand incomplete club names.
PEC Zwolle->Prins Hendrik Ende Desespereert Nimmer Combinatie Zwolle
MVV ->Maastrichtse Voetbal Vereniging Maastricht
UNA Veldhoven->Voetbalvereniging Uitspanning Na Arbeid Veldhoven
RKAVV Leidschendam->Rooms-Katholieke Aloysius Voetbalvereniging Leidschendam
PKC'83 ->Peizerweg Kring Combinatie 1983 Groningen
Anderlecht ->Royal Sporting Club Anderlecht Brussels
KFCO Beerschot ->Wilrijk Koninklijke Football Club Olympia Beerschot-Wilrijk
RW Walhain ->Royal Wallonia Walhain Chaumont-Gistoux
ADECS Hyon ->Association Sportive de l'Enseignement Universitaire et Supérieur Hyon-Quaregnon
St-Vith ->Königlicher Fußballclub 1924 Sankt-Vith
Hoffenheim ->Turn- und Sportgemeinschaft 1899 Hoffenheim eingetragener Verein
Munchen Lions ->TSV München von 1860 eingetragener Verein
Regensburg ->Sport- und Schwimmverein Jahn 2000 Regensburg eingetragener Verein

true 'tism

Editing the holiday shit is really easy though. The last one seems quite good. Ill try it out.

Oh wait, now that I've downloaded it I remember. Ain't actually realistic either. 18 teams in Tweede Klasse, KNVB Beker just shoehorned in because fuck you that's why.

>Editing the holiday shit is really easy though
No, not really. I've tried.

We're hitting autism levels that shouldn't even be possible

>1st round: 16 teams
>2nd round
Basically let the db solve it for him because he couldn't be arsed. I've been there, I know how it is.

Not playing down that far anyways. Can probably fix the cup.

It's not really the problem. I don't care for the full names. Renaming all the fucking competitions in Dutch was plain retarded however.

I'm the guy who posted as BNMJohn in this thread. And yes, I redid the leagues to chew the guy the work.
>community.sigames.com/topic/386935-the-addition-of-dutch-lower-leagues-help-thread/?page=6
If you want to spend hours in the Editor, then yes, everything is possible. But then it'd be way faster to do the whole system yourself instead of reverse engineer that crap because it takes hours. I've been there I told you.

I didn't even think it was possible

I'll take a look tomorrow, if it doesn't bother me or if I can improve it I'll start the save. Otherwise I'll move on to Belgium or something weird I guess.

The funny thing is that when I started being more proactive about the db, he author started to post much more often. Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have just copied the cups as well and started playing it, even without the 7th tier. I had hoped his sudden regain of interest would make him work on it again, but not really apparently.

I'm almost done failing college for the year so who knows if I'll just do it because tribbling is addictive.

However, I must say that after copying all this crap and after doing my Slovenian league system, I don't really want to do it so don't get your hopes up.

Link your slovenian system. How complete is it?

Let me explain it. First of all, I'm from FM15 and jumped to 17 after FM16 was such a mistake. The Slovenian vanilla db in FM15 was a fuckery. Matches were forced on Saturdays, which completely fucked you over if you played in the EL due to playing on Tuesdays. And when you're strong enough to field two teams (one for Europe and one for the league), well you're just dominating the league anyway.

So I've made a fantasy system that goes as follows:
1st tier: Pro football, 20 teams. 3 relegations.
2nd tier: Pro football (it's not realistic but fuck you it's my db), 20 teams. 4 relegations
3rd tier: two groups of 20 teams, Semi-Pro football. 2 promotions for each group, 3 relegations.
4th and last tier: Amateur football. 3 groups of 23 teams, two promotions for each group.

Everything is televised, first two tiers have prize money for final positions for which I followed the German system where the league winner wins roughly twice as much as the last placed team. See pic related: I didn't use huge values (I averaged the prize money for a league win for the 6 ex-Yugo leagues), but due to the very egalitarian system there's some money in the league compared to your neighbours... except Coratia that has much more money than you ever will have.

One national cup, which is the most disappointing thing about my db as it's completely randomized but every team participate, prize money for each round and so on. And one Super Cup, with prize money.

Aside from that, there are few modifications to Slovenia itself: the Youth Rating is a rough average of the 6 ex-Yugo countries, which brings it up from 78 to... 87. Slovenian staff now has some scouting knowledge of ex-Yugoslavia, and increased transfer business with these countries. The player values and wages values are slightly higher due to there being more money on average being copied from Serbia for the highest value.

To match the increased transfer business between Slovenia and the rest of the ex-Yugo countries, now their players also count as EU nationals as well as UK and Irish players. Usually I'd go for 6 non-EU slots, this older version has 8 for the 1. SNL, 6 for the 2. SNL, 4 for the two lowest tiers except for the first year after relegation (like in France). Not like you'll be able to attract non-EU players with your Slovenian wages anyway...

Here it is. Ask away if you have specific questions about it.
>www39.zippyshare.com/v/fjggfzHJ/file.html

>He forgot Nooit Opgeven Altijd Doorzetten Aangenaam Door Vermaak En Nuttig Door Ontspanning Combinatie Breda
baka

and people say it would be a loss if the Netherlands were lost to global warming

FIERRO JUST WON THE MEXICAN LEAGUE TITLE THE PROPHECY IS COMING TRUE

Behead those who doubt Miles

any advice on how to make a wingerless 4-3-1-2 formation work

5 games to go

can i pull it off

how good are your wbs?

>can i pull it off
No.

call me back when taufic guarch is playing top-flight football

I run this at home with 'control':
----------CF(a)--F9
-------------AM(s)
---------RPM--CM(s)
-CWB(a)---HB---CWB(a)
---------CB(c)--CB(d)
----------------GK

and this away with 'counter':
----------CF(a)--F9
-------------AM(s)
---------RPM--CM(d)
-WB(a)------A-----WB(a)
---------CB(c)--CB(d)
----------------GK

fluid, work ball into box, look for overlap, tighter marking, shorter passing, slightly higher line (at home only), and with most players given specific instructions to pass shorter/simpler and not to shoot.
if we need a goal I usually add get stuck in, roam from positions, and run at defense, and switch to 'attacking'

if your wingbacks are even half-decent at crossing they will set up a lot of goals

>google guarch
>plays for Tlaxcala FC(?)
>team just confirmed promotion to the second mexican division last week
>they actually wont get to play because their stadium is too small so the league is going to hold their spot for another year

i search for Fierro in FM17 and he's not available

>he doesnt have Mexico loaded