Any piano players here? What piece are you currently working on? What’s your current repertoire...

Any piano players here? What piece are you currently working on? What’s your current repertoire? About to finish up Franz Liszt Transcendental Etude #3

Sheeeeit. I’m still trying to clobber my way through K. 545. Clearly, Wolfgang’s idea of “beginner” and mine are quite different.

K 545. Is that a sonata?

Eh, was giving Shaun Choo's Tango a shot but then I took a week off to teach myself guitar. I'll get back into it eventually

Hoping to get Rachmaninoff's prelude in c# minor finished by next year.

Yup. Number 16 in C major. “For Beginners”.

When did you start?

recently switched from chopin to bach, specifically bach's goldberg variation 1 and 8

If it takes you a year to learn that, you probably should start with easier pieces

I'm beginning piano, learning My Confession from Doki Doki and Fur Elise by Beethoven, easy pieces to ease me into harder ones.

It's not taking me a year to learn it, just haven't started yet, on my list of shit I want to play eventually.

Rage over a Lost Penny

I'm completely self-taught and need to get more than just one-off songs, so I taught myself Beethoven's first Kurfurstensonata, but the last movement was just too awful so I moved on to this instead. Been on it for two days, I've got the first page and a half down.

Dis dick by mario mario

Chopin’s Etude in C# Minor

Hard to believe it’s an Etude. Sounds more like a prelude imo

He had great ears for tension and release, so everything has that foreboding feel

Chopin was a hunk. I’d fuck him

>tfw no gf and acclaimed composer/pianist
>tfw never get ani pusi
>tfw you know you’ll never be a normie
>tfw obviously a Sup Forumstard before computers

9th prelude book one WTC

Hey any of you tried/own the new Kawai Novus NV10?
Opinions on hybrids in general?

dang advanced stuff

Sexy bastard

GV are diabolical

I used to play the Suite Bergamasque by Debussy, and not even very well :[ used to love to play the piano, even though my parents' piano sucked from day one. at least it was a real piano and not the Clavinova tin-cans you get today.

E keyboards are shit

wots this

I'd love to afford my own, even a student upright would be great. stuck with a Nord Electro 73 and the keys made me so angry, I broke one.

Circle of fifths?

spring-loaded keys?

yup, squeaky and absolutely infuriating, if you want to play expression. I use it mainly as a sampler now for my band project.

you could at least get a "weighted" keys yamaha for like $120?

Bought a Casio cgp for 800 and it sounds like shit

which one? i found most of them have terrible piano samples. the weighted keys aren't much use if your samples aren't ace.

best one i've seen so far was in a shop in Budapest. looked like a grannies upright but had the most sophisticated engine i've ever seen - string resonance simulation, full sample sustain versions, each key could be edited, detuned, muffled etc.

or do you mean using it as a master keyboard for the nord samples?

absolutely nothing to compare with thisbut also $13-$15K

nope, more like the student upright you mentioned. Something with non-spring keys anyways

>Kawai Novus NV10
the lengths they go through to make the digital equipment be as if you handled the real thing :/

my gf has one that goes for that prize and it's limited in every respect to say the least. i started out playing on a real piano, can't see myself studying piano pieces on a cheap keyboard (i got that covered already with the Nord)

I've been taking it easy and learning some relatively simple glenn miller pieces, pretty lively and fun to perform.

Digital bebung?

is that something you can apply to cheap keyboards? a workaround?