Does Sup Forums into coins?

Does Sup Forums into coins?

Im a bookkeeper in a grocery store and im always on the lookout for interesting finds. Found a really nice 1964 d today. Pretty stoked.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2770576/Builder-unearths-vast-treasure-trove-22-000-Roman-coins-spends-three-nights-sleeping-site-guard-hoard.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Another cool find.

I always check my change. Always. Would hate to have a valuable coin pass through my hands.

Indian Head nickels are way cool. I've managed to pick up a few of them

I was having a shitty day being treated like shit by the rich fucks who come into the store helping some lady at the coin star. I had to open the machine for her, but lo and behold under the machine sombody dropped this beauty.

Been working the books for five years now and only managed to find one in circulation. Its cool to know that theyre still out there tho.

All the silver ive managed to pluck out of circulation.

I was never really into coins, but my mother worked for the Mint and would always bring home interesting things. She's also bring home a lot of uncirculated coins; things that hadn't come out yet. I remember back when I was a kid, she brought home this stack of Sacagawea golden dollars that hadn't yet been released and gave them to me. I paid my friends to do my homework with them for a week, but they stopped doing it after they realized the coins didn't work in vending machines.

She's passed on, but I imagine there are probably some interesting things in the basement. I'll take a look to see if I can find anything next time I'm there and post a thread if I do.

My bro found an 1885 silver quarter in a bag of random coins, pretty damn cool, seein as we don't live in America.

Oh hell yea man! Theres a chance you could have some really valuable stuff, especially if those dollar coins had a date before 2000. Could be literally priceless man.

i got an 1918 five cent from USA.

I'm in France and i'm an amateur detectorist so i find lot of money on fields.

Ever find any old roman/mideaval coins? Care to post some pics?

Wow mice

At the very least, she got me US Mint uncirculated coin sets every year for Christmas. I have no idea what they'd be worth and I have no intention of selling them, but I have some that at least go back to the 80s. I know there are other things as well.

I went to the Mint quite often with her and got to see the coin making process as well. She worked in marketing but had many friends in the art department and I got to see tons of aborted projects and thrown-away ideas. Her biggest project was the 50 state quarter program, which she was deeply involved in coordinating. I saw a ton of rejected coin dyes. It would be cool if even a single artifact from that era is in the basement, but I kind of doubt it.

I'm out of the country at the moment, it will be a while before I'm able to look for this stuff but I will definitely post a thread for you, man.

i found damaged roman and not feodal yet.

but the best piece i foung is an "ardillon scutiforme mérovingien" is a piece of merovingien belt.
And the most expensive coin is a 1/4 franc Charles X 1828 Q

Very cool man. Where do you find this stuff?

Once i found 3 double tournois glued together.
Once is "Gaston d'Orleans", others are Louis XIII
so it was approximately 1640 1650...

Damn that thing is is nice shape!

found on forest near my home, above a "source" i don't know the english word, when the water comes out from earth

yeah i was fucking happy when i discovered it... 2 days with smile on my face, like if i was in love ^^

Check this out. This is my dream. It's crazy knowing there's so much valuable stuff lying in the ground in random places around Europe.

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2770576/Builder-unearths-vast-treasure-trove-22-000-Roman-coins-spends-three-nights-sleeping-site-guard-hoard.html

a spring would be the generic term

Do you use a metal detector? I wish i was in europe where you could literally pull ancient artifacts out of your backyard.

I had about $160 I think in silver realized silver is never gonna go anywhere so sold it all.
Now I enjoy my piece of space poop
So worth the $120

I know it’s gonna sound retarded, but during my grandpa service he found a small treasure of coins date back to the romans.. me and my brother obviously weren’t born yet and my father wasn’t into coins .. so he just donated them to a friend who is a collector of coins , stamps and practically anything with historical value .. found out a year ago that his findings where worth a fortune.. yet I can’t pay for a haircut atm

this picture is from the field when i found the 3 double tournois... Lot of stuff there, and i dug lot of times fof bullshits. But it was a good time

hell yeah, it's the dream of a life, that... a friend found 88 silver coins from gaulois on the forest too and when he think about it it's amazing ^^

yeap i got a goldbugpro by fisherlabs.... You can do it in USA too ^^

I found this with my metal detector, in southern germany, since you are into coins any idea what it is?

Will post another pic where i draw what i see on it, is hard to see on pic

Nice, that one looks like it's in pretty good shape. The only ones I ever got were worn down.

Thats what i can see

Back side is completely destroyed
The lines in background are 0.5cm

try to post it on detectorist forum from your country...
Looks like an old coin

that's a petrified piece of shit.

Hey man at least you have dank maymays.

>southern Germany
I think it was a badge that the Nazis made the Jews wear. Weird, this one appears to be burnt somehow.

What are those things that look like seals? Or like some kind of stamp in the upper right.

That's interesting man. Would be worth getting it valued. Do you know what metal it is?

this is "plomb de sac" it was for sealed bags of stuffs before... You can see in two of them the name of cities "Brive" and "Perigueux". Brive is 10km from home and perigueux, almost 80km

1943 steel cent found in pocket change. In pretty bad shape but a cool piece of history nonetheless.

2 dollars is best i can do

I've always found those to be fascinating. Only managed to obtain one, but I was very happy to see it.

A few war nickels. Made from 42-45, they have 35 percent silver. Easy to spot because the mint mark sits right above the dome of monticello.

nice one

Here’s all the coins I currently have from my gas station job. I

I suppose this is my last coin worth mentioning, its a 1999 s proof nickel i found while looking through coin rolls from work. Not worth much, but it sure is purdy!

Holy fuck man look at all those mercury dimes! Where you picking these up at? In peoples change or what?

Yup. You’d be surprised what people will use to buy cigarettes and booze. And I let them make that bad decision. Lady used a whole roll of mercury dimes for a pack of Marlboro these are the ones I managed to get from my coworkers drawer after she’s already handed some out.

Holy fuck, so you got most of those dimes in one go? You were fucking hyped i bet!

I have a bunch of Morgan dollars and Peace dollars. The ones I have are only worth about $25 I believe, but when I was looking at charts there were a couple combinations of a certain year made at a certain mint that were worth hundreds each, and a couple worth thousands even.

>admitting to stealing from work

I was. I’ve already sold off most of what I have found. Got a Morgan dollar and a peace dollar on the same day once from two different customers.

This is like Autism: The Thread

whats your hobby bro?

Haha, i always make sure to buy the coins i take ;)

Dude, the idea of someone actually spending a silver dollar of any kind is clinically insane. Do you live out in east bumfuck arkansas or something?

whats the story on the darker quarter? I noticed I have one of those from '68. Tried cleaning it with iso and it still looks the same.

Oh really? Do you work in a store that sells coins? Because that's called stealing. You are taking property and replacing it with property of lesser value.

It’s pretty bumfuck. I have 3 red seal $2 bills laying around here somewhere also used in the purchase of a pack of Marlboro. I’m trying to find them to post a pic.

Its a 1958 denver mint, the black is just some patina. Silver develops a tarnish as it ages sometimes. I found it when i was filling the coin magazines the registers use to spit out change. Idk what it would be on a 1968 tho, seeing as theyre copper/nickel. Could be ink, sharpie, dirt, paint, people do all kinds of weird things to coins.

being a britbong, today 26 new coins have gone into circulation representing everything about being British going through the alphabet
THE coins have been designed to represent the best of Britain, with 10 of them decided by a public vote. Here's what each one represents.
A – Angel of the North
B – Bond…James Bond
C – Cricket
D – Double Decker Bus
E – English Breakfast
F – Fish & Chips
G – Greenwich Mean Time
H – Houses of Parliament
I – Ice-Cream Cone
J – Jubilee
K – King Arthur
L – Loch Ness Monster
M – Mackintosh
N – National Health Service
O – Oak Tree
P – Post Box
Q – Queuing
R – Robin
S – Stonehenge
T – Teapot
U – Union Flag
V – Village
W – World Wide Web
X – X Marks the Spot
Y – Yeoman
Z – Zebra Crossing

>King arthur
>james bond

nice

In a sense you are right but i have three points for you to consider,

1) the store manager is the first person i show all my cool coins to, and hes always super jazzed when i find cool shit

2) in a way i am taking the silver out of the companies possesion, but they are a corporation owned by a corporation owned by a hedge fund, so they cant appreciate the joy of these coins

3) im a level 9 blackbelt and i have studied the bushido code of the samurai, so come at me and see what happens mother fricker.

Pretty nice collection you got going there, user! Ive been buying and finding coins for a while and the best ones are the ones you find.

Idk about you but seems legit to me

Any close ups of that V nickel man?

I have more, chosen the most interesting

If i had a computer i would post my collection. I work at a gas station and have about 30 different coins from the Philippines to Canada

Haha whats the story on the 1941 nazi coin?

Do you have the holy grail of Canadian currency? The 1 dollar bill?
I used to have one but bought a double double with it

I don't really know tbh, the collection belonged to my grandpa and he said that I can have it when he dies. Probably him or his family got one of these during the occupation or something

My coin pouch with the majority being French/English and from the 1800's. Never really thought much of them until I saw this thread.

Dude whip em out!

Yeah, I like wheat pennies, Indian heads, buffalo nickels and the special dollars. Not the gold ones fuck those hoes. They are literally a dime a dozen

Test

I'm in it Bitcoin

Ahh I'm back in.
Interesting thread OP, not my hobby necessarily but interesting none the less.

Few late 1800's/early 1900's. I literally have a shit tonne of them.

trains, faggot

Wow, even in bad shape thats easily a couple hundred bucks right there man.

I don't collect currency coins, I do collect money though

I guess, not really motivated to sell them but they are a nice novelty.

I've got some, anyone interested?

Can anyone identify these for me

They appear to be coins, my friend..

if i remember correctly they are old iranian coins

Thats a nice stack right there sir.

Libyan

Thanks, something about looking at gold makes people feel good

>something about looking at gold makes people feel good
Jew detected

Not from the US but I have a coin from late 1800s. It's pretty cool

Quite the opposite actually. Free men value sound money

More pretties

Olympic medallion I think (top)

>$0? why??!!!?????

Is that a 1973 D dime? Can't tell am on my phone. I think they're worth around $2-$3.

Look what I saw yesterday

A quarter dated 1929 from random change after going to stop and shop

Nice
Used to work a gas station in a pretty impoverished town, so didn't see much silver.

Niggers knew what was up