How do you guys feel with the fact that Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness are not canon?

How do you guys feel with the fact that Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness are not canon?

Other urls found in this thread:

empireonline.com/movies/features/ash-vs-evil-dead-exclusive-mark-verheiden-teases-season-three-changes/
youtube.com/watch?v=yfNpbfK2EL4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They are canon. They have both been referenced in the series. The movies simply don't always agree about every little syllable.

Isnt Evil Dead 2 a remake anyway?

Direct sequel happening immediately after ED1. ED2 always got some of the details of ED1 wrong in the recap at the beginning. AvED lifts Ruby from ED2, because she didn't exist yet in ED1.

Time for the show, time for the show

Lucy Flawless is too old

If I recall, Army of Darkness is canon, but they actually can't reference it directly due to some rights issue.

Like Ash can remember some stuff from it, but he can't go "You know, I fought skeletons in Camelot times."

I think i cared more about Raimi's side character than i ever did for Pedro and Kelly.
Why the fuck didn't they make him Ash's sidekick instead of those two?

i just watched season 1

why was black cop in the show. nice tits but why
why was lucy lawless in like 9 episodes when only two of them mattered

You can only bring in so much Xena cast at one time before it becomes a problem.

Because black cops exist?

How is season 2 this good, what happened?
It has jumped up to my top 5, and the season isnt even over

A: To establish that characters can seem important and still die, continued in season 2
B: To establish her character without overplaying her. She serves a far more direct purpose in season two. This was never a 1-season show.

If they're not canon why is his hand missing then?

Checkmate, atheists.

she doesnt do anything. and she is played so serious compared to ash.

the only important character in ash vs evil dead is ash. everyone else is just window dressing.

>can seem important
Exactly.

They didn't have the evil dead rights to show flashbacks in Evil dead 2. That's why the movie starts out as a remake and then live it's own life.

Chainsaw arm is from ED2 so it's canon.

I actually just watched the first episode when I said that. But, why is the flashback not include the whole "portal to another dimension" part? How did he get back?

Lol nice try if anything the show isn't canon.

Wait. Evil Dead 2 didnt have the right to Evil Dead 1 footage? Weird.

To be fair. If it was only ash going nuts in every episode all alone against deadites the formula would probably get stale.

Season 2 has been great so far, i like the fact that they uped the horror in some episodes while some episodes were just over the top silly.

Each movie has this problem.
The series can reference ED1 and 2, but can't reference AoD. They expect the fans to just assume AoD happened and I guess Ash somehow lost his hand.
The continuity between all three movies is sketchy anyway

Do you think The Happening is canon to Evil Dead?

Evil trees and all that?

AvED had that scene with a very quick AoD shot of the car dropping out of the sky. Maybe it's special because the car is actually his car?

Yeah, studios own the rights due to them beeing dirt poor when the movies were made.

>We didn't own the rights to our own movie which is the most ridiculous thing ever,

Well technically, A cabin in the wood has Angry Molesting Tree too.

each of those spends its first 5 minutes retconing the shit out of the previous one, so whatever

>it's an AvED thread
>everyone argues over what rights they did and did not have to reference the movies
>nobody actually knows jack shit about what happened
Every time

Weird as fuck. So technically Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 are not "related" and are two totally different identical movies.

Weird.

That was probably the shot from the ending of ED2

>Molesting tree
>Molesting
>Those gouts of blood

>AvED had that scene with a very quick AoD shot of the car dropping out of the sky.
They took that from the ending shot of Evil Dead 2 and not AOD

Yep.
The guy was butt damaged.

Meh. Either way, it ties in the events of AoD.

>Deadites
Fuck I never noticed that.

I mean aside from that, Deadites are on the board of monsters.

yeah, AoD happened, they just can't show it in flashbacks or mention it, Sam Raimi addressed it as he was beating down an ethiopian child in front of the interviewer

is it worth it to watch ed2 and aod?
ive only seen the first 1
do they hold up good

Bruce calls Evil dead 2 a "Requel".

Hell yes.

Maybe if season 3 gets a bigger budget, they can buy rights to their own stuff.

Make sense. The notion of a remake as a sequel is weird, but logical in those weird contracts.

>Maybe if season 3 gets a bigger budget
Have they even announced that yet? I'm surprised this show got a second season. Aren't the ratings subpar?

Ed2 is probably the best horror comedy of the 80's.

god this show is so fucking good. fuck

Yes. And go ahead and see the 2013 movie too, even though Ash only shows up after the credits end.

Ratings are low, but streaming via paid services are decent/good enough to keep it floating.

And i doubt it costs that much to make it since they a filming it in NZ.

ED1 is a Horror movie
ED2 is a Horror/Comedy
AoD is a Comedy/Horror.

Pretty good. Didnt like AoD that much for some reason, but it's nice to see all the references that comes from this movie in Games and Movies now.

He mentioned a flying deadite when the crazy Kelly thought dragons where deadites.

Season 3 has already been ordered.

Tonight's ep was really good, and the next one looks even better.

>yfw ash becomes a legit horror movie monster next time

I thought he said "well there was that one time the sun worked" in response to the vampire comment

They are not going to include AoD. Those rights belong to de Laurentis and if you know that guy you know you don't want to work with him ever again.
Campbell and Raimi said this back at the beginning of season 1. So there won't be any direct references to AoD.

>Season 3 has already been ordered.
Got a source on that? Fucking awesome if so. It's the best show on at the moment.

What are your opinions on the 2013 remake? I actually really liked it but if it had just been a standalone movie I would have thought it was shit. I thought it was weird how they referenced cutting your own arm off twice in the same movie though.

I bought this at Best Buy for 3.99 in the bargin bin. Did I do good?

empireonline.com/movies/features/ash-vs-evil-dead-exclusive-mark-verheiden-teases-season-three-changes/

AoD is shit

i like to think its a direct sequel including the "recap" and ash just blocked the first episode out entirely because of what happened. he actually took 2 groups of friends there and got them killed on two separate occasions.

I wonder who will be the important character to die in S2. Guaranteed it won't be Kelly, Pablo or Ruby. They don't have the balls.

>There's no dragons in the necronomicon. There's a Kandarian demon that flies around and makes deadites
>Oh so they can't survive in sunlight?
>That's vampires
>Don't you mean bloodites?
>actually there was that one time sunlight worked.

Not liking it due to it being a comedy is alright, but calling it shit is just blasphemy.

very good
for canon sake it could take place between aod and aved and nothing would change whatsoever

Ye dun good lad.

>That shot in AoD where you can tell they're literally throwing dozens of supermarket quality lawn decoration skeletons at Bruce Campbell while he pretends to fight them off

>not canon

In one of the last three eps they show a flashback to AoD. There's also flashbacks from ED1 and ED2 throughout the series. Plus, ED2's evil hand was an important driver in the first season.

Last episode started with flash backs to 1 and 2. there wasn't any AoD footage.

>supermarket quality lawn decoration skeletons
Not just ANY supermarket...Wal-Mart!

>Wal-Mart
>Not S-Mart
Shop smart, shop S-Mart, motherfucker

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=yfNpbfK2EL4

I avoided that on purpose, meant to spoiler it

At episode 4 right now, it's pretty good. As absurd as ED2, but the effects are great. The vibrating demon was cool.

last episode was fucking great, and ratings for the previous one went up thank god

>Molesting tree

More commonly known as, The Tree of Life.

The last episode reminded my that Bruce Campbell has some very good acting range when they let him.

Did they get some actual Evil Dead fans to help write Season 2 because Season 1 needed a fucking rewrite?

The House movies are weird like that, too. There's House 1, 2, and 4, with House 3 being a completely unrelated film that just happened to be called House 3.

>not canon?
Only autistic people care about this.

You clearly haven't seen them.

all that shitty CGI, fuck did they even try?

I did?

Episode 7 was pretty damn great.

Makes me sad that Bruce is a b actor when he is pretty decent in serious bits.

He was pretty likeable in Brisco County Jr. Too.

No, not Chet! They killed you again!

I kept expecting him to point out that if he had been imagining the whole thing, then the book must not exist at all.

>AoD is a Comedy/Fantasy
Fixed.

The genre shift from Evil Dead to Army of Darkness is insane.

This show is boring now. They should stop now before it kills itself.

What a shitty fucking filler episode. Dropped.