I always see memes saying Cartoon Network "died" in 2004, and my question is "Why though?". CN City began in 2004...

I always see memes saying Cartoon Network "died" in 2004, and my question is "Why though?". CN City began in 2004, and that's widely considered to be their greatest era, with great shows like Code lyoko, Hi Hi Puffy Amiyumi, and Ozzy & Drix. So how could CN die in the year where they began their greatest era?

If anything, I'd peg CN as dying in 2007. After the Boston Bomb Mooninite Scare incident in February of that year, Stuart snyder took over. CN City ended, the beloved Fridays block was replaced by the poor Fried Dynamite, Toonami was cancelled, the CN Real block was established, etc.

So please stop saying "RIP Cartoon network 1992-2004". Really, it's "RIP Cartoon Network 1992-2007"

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/7203277
youtube.com/watch?v=LgGmQZn77Uw
youtube.com/watch?v=TFX8ypBEfeY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the Johnny Bravo / Dexter / Ed Edd Eddy / Cow Chicken era was the best.

Whatever came after was shit.

You're an underage ban and should go back to facebook

I remember distinctly thinking things were going downhill when I saw the first previews for Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

>CN City began in 2004, and that's widely considered to be their greatest era, with great shows like Code lyoko, Hi Hi Puffy Amiyumi, and Ozzy & Drix.

>CN City began in 2004, and that's widely considered to be their greatest era.
No it's not, by anyone.

strawpoll.me/7203277

It died more in 2007ish with the CN Real bullshit, end of the last cartoon-cartoons, end of toonami-etc

>great shows like Code lyoko, Hi Hi Puffy Amiyumi, and Ozzy & Drix.
You're joking, right?

OP is autistic weeb

>Code lyoko, Hi Hi Puffy Amiyumi, and Ozzy & Drix
Literally what are all these shows? It sounds like weeb trash user and I sure hope you don't watch that shit

I don't think a dubbed french cartoon, a failed show based on ppl only known for doing the teen titans theme, and a movie tie-in show are examples of the best of CN.

first post best post. cartoon network was fucking legendary back then, they even showed tom and jerry, top cat and lots of other awesome stuff. i also almost forgot courage. fuck you op, neck yourself

Jesus Christ. How many kids are on this board?

Fu king this dont forget courage dog looney tunes i liked scooby do as well

>Nobody talks how painful was Robot Boy
>Nobody talks how god terrible was "Out of Jimmy's head"

Only manchildren think CN died in 2004. Teen Titans, Megas XLR, The Grim Adventures Of Billy & Mandy and Justice League Unlimited all started at that time.

If anything CN's dark age was 2007-2010 where Toonami got shitcanned, bullshit like Squirrel Boy and My Gym Partner's A Monkey started airing and Snyder started pushing live action shows on the channel.

>Code lyoko, Hi Hi Puffy Amiyumi, and Ozzy & Drix.
I don't claim to be a fucking expert or anything but I have never heard of these faggoty-ass shows

the golden age was Johnny Bravo, Dexters Lab, PPG, shit like that.

I remember watching Teen Titans, KND, and Billy & Mandy around '05-'06, and they were pretty good. I didn't know Cartoon Network "died", the shows were consistently good until I grew out of of them (around 2008 or 2009).

>Code lyoko, Hi Hi Puffy Amiyumi, and Ozzy & Drix
those shows were shit

>He doesn't know Code Forehead

Did anyone else like ben 10?
I watched every episode and loved it.

Original series>Omniverse>Alien Force>Ultimate Alien>Shit>Ben 10 GO!

>their greatest era, with great shows like Code lyoko, Hi Hi Puffy Amiyumi, and Ozzy & Drix.

What the fuck??

I really miss watching Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.
>SECRET SNAKE CLUB

Cartoon Cartoons was the golden age.

Your "favorites" just show how old you are, but their real quality shows were the ones people already mentioned.

People will favor the ones they grew up with anyway.

Underage b&

>with great shows like Code lyoko

The anime-styled shit was terrible, and the worst. But I hate the new age hipster cartoons for twentysomethings (adventure time, rick & morty) almost as much.

The last good shit was Courage and PPG.

I liked my gym partners a monkey. ....

Why does no one else like this show? It was funny.

>CN City began in 2004, and that's widely considered to be their greatest era, with great shows like Code lyoko, Hi Hi Puffy Amiyumi, and Ozzy & Drix.

I have FIGURATIVELY never even heard about these shows, seen any rule 34, or even a clip on the internet from them, how the fuck can they be the part of the greatest era? Nobody fucking talks about them!

I liked the original and follow up series, after that I stopped caring.
I liked it too user. There were a lot of really funny episodes and characters.

It died when they stopped airing Cow and Chicken.

This show was the SHIT. Shame max atom doesn't do any more of these, I'd watch it.

youtube.com/watch?v=LgGmQZn77Uw
youtube.com/watch?v=TFX8ypBEfeY