If drug use becomes "uncool" in hip hop culture, how would it effect new, "ignorant" hip hop?

If drug use becomes "uncool" in hip hop culture, how would it effect new, "ignorant" hip hop?

Would it become more sex-focused? More violence-focused? Would "mumble" rap just fade out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l030pm_wuZ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I’m just waiting for the rap equivalent of prog rock

violence

It will die out and be replaced by more conscious hip hop

new trends in hip hop usually go against the status quo. so i think it would go in a less egotistical and anti-hedonistic direction

pissed off but still cool like PE

youtube.com/watch?v=l030pm_wuZ0

back in my day rap used to be about dealing large amounts of crack cocaine and violent gun battles

the new generation needs to fuck off with their ironic pussy drug shit

rap isnt ironic anymore grampa, that was back in 2013, the new wave is sincerety all the way

>Pop 4 Xans, now I'm feelin' like a hero

reminder that jamaican music manages to distinguish between cool and uncool drugs and maybe if we are thoughtful we could do so oneway too
also nice trips

Beast Coast conspiracy theory indigo child woke shit

>ignorant
>woke

u have any idea how many artists have died of overdosing and shit? I don't think it'll have any long term effect desu

There are some albums that could fall into that tbqhfam. For example MBDTF, TPAB, Flower Boy, Blank Face LP and Rodeo are all proggy at times

yeezus says hi

Worst b8 of the day

good bait

drug rap's not the wave no more, we about that soda rap now

Phife Dawg literally died from drinking too much soda

>drink a lot of soda so they call me dr. Pepper

All about lil soda boi

when it became uncool in rock music, rock died.

music needs drugs.

>Would it become more sex-focused? More violence-focused? Would "mumble" rap just fade out?
hip hop is heading towards a soft boy period. tyler the creator album is probably going to be the future of hip hop.

shit will have a similar lyrical style to tyler the creator and artists of his nature. instrumentals and production would reach a peak

i predict no immediate impact on the current culture unless another artist dies within the next year

It would have to be a surprise death. Nearly all of Lil Peep's songs were about drugs, even his manager admits he saw it coming. Kendrick or one of those conscious type dudes would have to OD for something to change.

I’m just waiting for the rap equivalent of Whitehouse. Incredibly detailed dark lyrics with sex, drug use, gang violence, etc pushed to it's limits in the most challenging intense way.

Yeah something like what death grips are doing or danny brown's last record but a step further

so basically will smiths children

rest in peace peeper

I hope so desu, capital STEEZ was the bomb

the weeknd is next

Were drugs ever uncool in rock?