Rap & Hiphop are a scourge

Hip-hop and rap are nothing more than aggressive and yet monotone lyrics, set to simplistic beats and melodies. They take very little skill or hard work to create and are subsequently enjoyed by those with no appreciation of skill or hard work.

Also, hip-hop and rap tend to be something of a catalyst for violent acts committed by these unintelligent, uninspired, unskilled and lazy people (mostly men). Ironically, were one to resort to violence in an attempt to remove said-problem (I can think of a few who'd be first to go), this would negate the argument, entirely. So, the rest of us just put up with hip-hop, rap and their followers.

There are so many wondrous things we've learned we can do with our voices, in unison, with other hard-working people who've been practicing until their fingers bleed, and there are STILL those who listen to people talking over a generic melody and beat? Don't you KNOW this?

Those who "create" rap and hip-hop are an affront to civilization. They're the proverbial "slap to the face" to every man, woman and child who's pushed themselves beyond limits previously thought unimaginable, to achieve heights of success one could only dream of.

Those who willingly listen to rap and/or hip-hop, are the most dangerous of miscreants - examples of de-evolution. In essence, they're "regressing" back to their monkey state and, in my humble opinion, should be put down so as not to infest others with their disease. Ironic, really, since doing exactly that would be going against the argument in the second paragraph.

I genuinely hope humanity can recover from the plague that rap and hip-hop brought forth, but the more logical part of my brain knows it's truly a lost cause.

>tl;dr: rap and hip-hop are crap.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kpgHuryi68Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This but unironically

>kanye
>monotone
i know its lazy bait but im fucking triggered

True, except for Kanye. He the GOAT

>They take very little skill or hard work to create
Stopped reading there

What about R&B? youtube.com/watch?v=kpgHuryi68Q

>Stopped reading there
Most people who listen to rap and hiphop usually DO stop reading, there. Due to laziness and lack of a proper education.

So if an MC took Shakespearean conviviality with Edgar Allan Poe idiosyncrasies, then smelter the remaining lyrics into Dickens-esque linguistic complexity, would you still resent such a hard?

*bard

Only if it's Kafkaesque

You're not wrong. Rap music is "primitive tribalism" in music form, in my opinion. Make no mistake though, there is energy in some of it.

For example, it's difficult to find the same energy in other music once you've listened to dirty 808 sub bass that makes your head feel like it's going to explode like you find in "Soundcloud rap" or "trap", etc.
Yeah, it's extremely gimmicky and probably a crutch for the rappers because without it they'd be terrible, but there is energy in it anyway. Some of it is near headbanging shit. So some of the producers are great. Even though those kind of beats are simple to make... probably difficult to master.

I would listen to mindless, ignorant, dumb, aggressive rap like Lil Pump, et al. over the "I'm gonna try rap like an intellectual" bullshit any day of the week. Kendrick Lamar and that other dude who raps about "The guy in college didn't go to college", is utter shit.

If I want to listen to a somewhat "intellectual" artist or something that makes me think deeply, It certainly isn't going to be a fucking rapper. However, If I want to listen to some ignorant, aggressive music with dirty bass then there are a few rappers who are decent at that.

Rap is trash yeah, let's not fuck around, but "ignorant" rappers tapped into a niche that not many other musicians can enter. Where as, If I want to listen to something with masterful lyrics, I don't fucking listen to rap music... so all of those "le social justice" rapper faggots are essentially the worst of the worst.

The irony is that hip hop fans will scream the opposite and claim it's not "real rap" and they're just mumbling, or whatever.

It goes like this:

Any other genre > Ignorant shit with aggressive lyrics and big bass > Every other style of hip hop

The only good hip hop is trap style shit with aggressive lyrics, massive bass and crazy hi-hats. It's still all worse than pretty much every other genre, but as I said, some of it is irreplaceable.

sorry homeboy it takes far less work to sidechain a fucking sub to some hats than you'd think.

"I hate authenticity and all music has to be nothing but aesthetic" the post

you can take your mouth off Kant's dick now he's dead lmao

wu tang has twice the energy of these trap rappers that put me to sleep personally

nice reddit spacing

It has to sound good, you fucking faggot. Certain moods mesh well with certain genres. When I want to do some dumb shit, or punch someone in the face, I'm more likely to listen to ignorant music with bass that almost brings out something primal in a person. Thousands of years ago there were probably chants and such that resembled the bass, and overall energy from a "trap" beat more than other genres that are treble-y as fuck.

Stop with the conjecture you pseudo-intellectual bellend.

Well, yeah but even then Wu-tang isn't exactly attempting to be "le thought provoking", it's probably middle ground between the two.

Reddit spacing is a meme to spot newfags who believe people didn't post like this forever

dude you're the one trying to tie fucking evolutionary and historical theories into why niggers like rap you're the pseudointellectual bellend lmao

Nice reading comprehension, faggot.

Know it's bate but it says a lot that people can literally make rap music up on the spot. You can't do that with most other genres and there's a reason

>Thousands of years ago there were probably chants and such that resembled the bass
>brings out something primal in a person

nah you seem like a pretty gigantic nigger from getgo homeboy

Did you try listening to MF Doom, Nas and early Kanye West?

Should probably start there mate.

good post

rap and hip-hop mean the same thing

Too long and didn't read.
Who cares?
But not instrumental hip hop.
Shut up.

soyboy detected

>Babbys first encounter with not being the center of the universe
Ignore him, he'll end it all in under a month anyway