Can Utopia leak already so I can stop coming to this shit hole?

Can Utopia leak already so I can stop coming to this shit hole?

Uploading. It’s at 22%.

Thank you user
>technology and the ways of the future

Just wait a week

That's a vagina

It's reflective of all members of Sup Forums

Damn...

it was... it was you

damn

Wanna know how you can tell in advance if an album is gonna be a dude? If the artist makes a big deal about the debut single NOT being representative of the rest of the album's sound. Because why would you promo something with something that ISN'T a fair representation of it?

>gonna be a dude?
Lol
* gonna be a dud?

But it made sense to release the gate well before anything else since it's a transitional track apparently

>imagine fucking björk in that suit
ooohh my days

It makes absolutely no sense from a promotional standpoint. Which is the whole purpose of releasing album tracks as singles. If it was truly just a unter-Album transitional track then it wouldn't be on an album in edition to being a single. ESPECIALLY not as anything other than the 1st track on the album after which it is supposed to follow (the Gate is slated to be track 3 on Utopia...)

>unter-Album
Lol I really need to reign in my spell check
* inter-album...

simmer down cunt and wait till the album's actually out before you start acting like a dickhead you dumb twat

hello bjork

I really hope it leaks soon, I can't wait to hear Loss, Bjork said it's a continuation of Pagan Poetry, also looking forward to Sue Me, a reviewer said it reminded them of Hyperballad.

Nah, Bjork herself said it's a bridge from Vulnicura, I was a bit worried at first because it sounded too Vulnicura-y. Blissing Me is great anyway, very much looking forward to it now. The reviews so far have been really postitive.

I don't think Bjork cares about singles anymore, she won't really convince the general public at this point, the video got 2 million views and she knows her fans will buy it and the album anyway. If she was really bothered she'd release the "really melodic" Arisen My Senses as a single.

>wait till the album's actually out
[reading comprehension]
see
Specifically the bit about "...how you can tell in advance..."

you are braindead

>Bjork herself said it's a bridge from Vulnicura
see
The only reason for her to be saying that is either in order to attempt to save face with the people who didn't like it or because she/her marketing team don't know/care how successful promotion works.

DAMN

THAT"S AN AWFULLY OT OFFEE E EET

whats with all the vaginas

tummy

>I don't think Bjork cares about singles anymore
But then why release them at all, unless she's contractually obligated to do so by her label? (Which would go directly against the claims that she holds full executive artistic control over her music.)

she doesn't

she is a girl

her belly button is cute

This is Björk in 2017 we're talking about. Like you said, she has her assured cult audience with her regardless. There's no reason for her to be having to release singles at all unless, like I said earlier, it's a contractual obligation for promo purposes. In which case, what's the point in releasing a track that specifically ISN'T representative of the rest of the album's sound?

It's kind of funny. I mean, if you think about it they do a lot of promotion (tons of photoshoots, interviews, music videos), but at the same time the music is completely uncommercial and will never get the general audience to buy the record. It makes me think that the promotion is only aimed at hardcore fans. She truly is a very unusual popstar. Utopia's first single is in free meter, starts with a freaking funeral chant and then becomes an ambient song. I guess she must be in a really comfortable position to be able to do that

it is

looks like she isn't too fat either

she a cute :)

I just want Bjork to make catchy danceable music again.

she stopped doing that after the 90's. just listen to someone else lol.

Well she released Blissing Me too, I think that pleased some of the people that didn't like The Gate, that's good promotion I think. Also The Gate avideo got tons of coverage, as is the album in general, whatever song she released would've.

I mean I don't think she cares about releasing the most "single friendly" song as a single first. I can't find the exact quote now but she said something like the reason she released The Gate first was because that's where she was emotionally after Vulnicura, so it's like a bridge to Utopia. It is odd that it's the third track, you'd think it'd be the first but the first track is all about her friendship with Arca lol

Like I said you'd assume she'd release the most pop-y one "Arisen My Senses" (I'm assuming it is since previews said it's really catchy and melodic) if she really wanted maximum sales.

I don't think the sales would've been different. There is probably no song on Utopia that is poppy enough to get non-fans to buy it and her team probably knows that, so she picked whatever she felt like picking. And if you think think about it, The Gate, despite not being commercial, was actually not a complete failure for Björk. I read so many articles about it and people definitely checked it out, even if it wasn't so well-received.

>I guess she must be in a really comfortable position to be able to do that
It's called being a 'niche' artist. Which is actually a pretty good place for any artist to be, so long as the audience for that niche is big enough to sustain a career (which hers clearly has been for some time.) Although by the same token it's pretty much assured that her audience will eventually decrease in size as time goes by (the downside of relying on niche audiences...)
But that still doesn't answer the question: what's the point in featuring music as promotional singles that is the LEAST representative of what else is to come on an album?

Did anyone else check out her Cover Mix? Found some weirdly obscure stuff in there.

Blissing Me is representative

A) Was Blissing Me released as the lead single for the album?
B) Have you heard the rest of the album to compare?

Perhaps there is not one song that perfectly represents the album, though. I don't think we'll get any specific sound this time around. It won't be like Homogenic and Vulnicura (all strings + beats) or Vespertine (all glitchy percussion + choirs, harps and clavichords). It seems like some songs will feature harps, others will feature flutes, choirs and organs, some will be more medidative while others will be more aggressive and confrontational etc. The impression I'm getting is that this is a quite eclectic album.

>Perhaps there is not one song that perfectly represents the album, though.
That very well could be. But then wouldn't it make more sense to release one of those "songs that don't really fit with anything else" as the lead single and talk up the album's eclecticism rather than releasing the one track that sounds the MOST like a previous album as the lead and then go on about how much it ISN'T like the rest of what's to come?

Yeah, it's nice she put the intro of Loss in there.

No, but it was released before the album. Bjork wanted to release The Gate first so she did. Why is this such a big deal to you.

Have you heard it? I don't know why you're assuming it's the least representative, Bjork hasn't said that, but you said she did, someone on Reddit who heard the album alluded to that, saying The Gate was a "false start" and sounds weirder compared with the rest of album, that's all.

We know the album will have electronics, harps, flutes, birdsong and choirs, it sounds fairly representative. So does The Gate.

>then go on about how much it ISN'T like the rest of what's to come?
Did she say that though? I remember her saying that the song was sort of like a bridge between Vulnicura and Utopia, not that the fans shall not worry because the rest of the record is completely different. From an artistic standpoint, it makes sense to release The Gate as the first single if it really is a transition song (and it seems to be). Perhaps it's not the best commercial strategy but I think we can all agree Björk and her team don't seem very interested in that right now.

Seeing her in London next may lads

Have a good time! I want her so badly :(

Thanks. Haven't seen her live before so I'm pretty excited. Hopefully you'll get a chance to some day too

Thanks for the hope user, but I don't think it'll ever actually happen. I hear she's amazing and is very powerful live, and from what I've watched I can believe it. Small woman with a big voice.

Nice! I saw her there last year, was amazing.

>Why is this such a big deal to you.
Because it makes neither commercial sense (for the reasons already stated) NOR artistic sense (since if it were, it would be the 1st track on Utopia - not the 3rd.) Ergo >I don't know why you're assuming it's the least representative
It's called logic, user. If Track A is special for sounding like a combination of albums B and C (which is to say that the rest of the tracks on album C DON'T sound significantly like album B) then it follows that track A is the LEAST representative of album C's general sound.

>From an artistic standpoint, it makes sense to release The Gate as the first single if it really is a transition song
In which case logic dictates it would also be the 1st track on Utopia - which isn't the case... What's the point in having a transitional track between two albums come in the MIDDLE of the 2nd album?

Bjork already said the album is nonlinear. The tracklist wasn't arranged like that. Had it been, Blissing Me wouldn't precede The Gate, and Losss, which aledgedly deals with the break up, wouldn't be track 9

Maybe it’s not first because it doesn’t flow properly, the first track is about her friendship with Arca, the second is her falling in love again (Blissing Me) then there’s The Gate, she said it was transitional emotionally, whatever that means.

Oh so it’s “logic” now because you made it up when you said she said it wasn’t representative, when she didn’t.

>Bjork already said the album is nonlinear.
It CAN'T be nonlinear if it features a track which is a transition between it and a previous album (since transitions can't exist outside of a defined ordinal structure.)

>Maybe it’s not first because it doesn’t flow properly
In which case it ISN'T a transitional track, which is something that Björk has specifically said it IS.

Btw there's a very simple, straightforward explanation for how all of this can make sense. Although I'm gonna tell you right now that none of you are gonna like it...

Bjork never mentions transitional, just like she never mentioned it wasn't representitive but according to you she did. She says it's a bridge, a link. It doesn't matter that it's not the first track whatsoever.

>The first video is out, "The Gate", and I think it's a very good example of where the album is heading, especially the intro of that. You can see a sort of utopian landscape and the flute. But I think also that song, especially emotionally, is the stage in between Vulnicura and Utopia. What you will see in the digital exhibition is a lot of the songs in theVR, I have a wound in my chest. It's like a metaphysical heartbreak wound and [...] in "The Gate" the wound has changed into a gate where I can love people from and they can love me from. So I think that's why I chose that song to be the first single, because it's the bridge from Vulnicura to Utopia.”

user, a "bridge" in music IS a transition. And how can it be a bridge between the two albums if it doesn't come at the beginning of the 2nd one? (It's Utopia's track 3.) That would make it a transition between track 2 and 4 of Utopia...

Your’e making stuff up again. There can be a bridge in music without the tracks coming after one another, for example, the seagues in Bowie’s Outside are linked yet they’re scattered throughout the album.

All I asked was for someone to leak the album, and now there's a fight about album bridges
How can we achieve Utopia if we can't even get along with one another
You bunch of dinguses

>the seagues in Bowie’s Outside are linked yet they’re scattered throughout the album.
Yes, in a LINEAR ORDER...

>6 days to go
I'm pretty amazed it hasn't leaked yet
I guess she deserves it after last time's fiasco

also The Gate just gets better with every listen, I don't Utopia is gonna be as good as Homogenic or Vespertine, but it could be as good as Biophilia and that's a solid second-best imo

I swear, she has the longest thighs on earth

She sexy.

h ello user ( : i hope you truly love my new album !

GUYS ITS HERE
and by It I mean the movie. It's been out for a while.
No sign of Utopia yet fuck'apdias

>the movie
what movie

kill yourself

it

bump

i just want bjork to make pop music that builds into a crescendo