Why aren't they more respected?

Why aren't they more respected?

phuckin magnets how do dey work mang?

FUCKING

if they didnt wear retarded makeup theyd be more respected, prove me wrong
>(protip: you might)

That's the gimmick, bro.

MAGNETS

That video probably got them more publicity than anything they've ever done.

Respectability would defeat the whole purpose of their existence- Their entire brand is built around an extremely lowbrow sensibility and a willful rejection of all things society deems right and proper.

I'd recommend reading Nathan Rabin's "You Don't Know Me But You Don't Like Me" for some good insights into ICP and their place in pop culture.

>tfw I finally found someone on Soulseek sharing the 20th Anniversary edition of The Great Milenko

because they're ridiculous and can't be listened to ironically.

You have to be a certain kind of fucked up to get their music.

uh huh

Because they're fucking clowns.

they were hated long before that video.

The cringe is too strong... right?

I have been meaning to read that book. any good? what does

Honestly I watched some of their stern interviews and they should be. Respected for their musical ability no, but for turning down labels and legitimately making the most hated band of all time. They still survive as a subculture to this day, people still buy tons of ICP shit. All I'm saying is they branded really well and they created a subculture that is genuinely hated more than anything. I'm not a fan of their jams but I'm not going to hate someone just because they listen to it.

All of juggalo artists sound like a parody, ridiculous music, I think that's an answer.

>Pyramids and scientists and magnets and sheeit

how come you never see skinny meth head tier juggalos

why are they all obese

> Fucking magnets, how do they work?
And I don't wanna talk to a scientist
Y'all motherfuckers lying, and getting me pissed

Fucking kek. Unsure of how magnets work, want to know but have no desire to talk to someone who can explain this because you're so incapable of understanding the concept that you would believe they're lying anyway.

they're literally fucking clowns

they don't want respect too
they're just humble morons
they're here to be cool

Because they squandered their joker's card gimmick by failing to make even one consistently good album. Every one of their releases from their """golden age""" has a significant amount of garbage tracks on it. Don't even get me started on their work 2000s and beyond, which ultimately flung them into the meme status they've been in since 2009.

On top of that, they have a repugnant fanbase. It doesn't take a magnet scientist to figure out why they're not respected.

It's a joke m8

Milenko is a solid album.

>On top of that, they have a repugnant fanbase

Not an argument. Show me a fanbase that isn't repugnant.

Also RiddleBox.

This too.

I actually find Juggalos to be endearing. We should all be so lucky to find ourselves among a huge community of like-minded, ever-accepting friends..

I never really clicked with ICP's releases in the same way I clicked with The Great Milenko. I picked up the CD in 98 and I know the thing inside and out. I listen to it a couple of times a year and still enjoy it as much as I did back then.

tfw couldn't get tickets to the London show tonight ;__;

everything they did before 2000 was actually good as fuck. the great milenko is my favorite thing by them.

Good post.

I think the "they haven't released anything good in the 2000's" meme is a bit unfair. I'll concede that their newer albums haven't had the consistency that their 90's albums had, but there's still a lot of good tracks in those new albums if people gave them a chance.

It's pretty amazing how they were able to create and pretty much maintain complete ownership of an entire subculure, selling millions of records as independent artists.
No matter how lowbrow or degenerate this subculture is, it's quite a feat, who else has achieved this?

GIRLY GIRLY BITCH YOU FUCKING FREAKY BITCH

I'd say that there's definitely something to admire about a pair of average rappers creating a mythology and riding it to an (almost) thirty year career.

i generally don't like rap, but they have a couple albums i'd buy. i like the fucking around. they sound like they have fun more than anything.

WE

The only thing I think ICP has consistently tried and failed at is developing young talent for their label. As soon as something happens to either J or Shaggy the label is dead.

Aren't they actually crypto-christfags who said the dark carnival is actually God and they're trying to get people turned on to Jesus?

Yes. But the concepts of sin, judgement and salvation have been running themes through their entire discography.

Pretty funny considering Conservative Christian groups used to rage autistically about them in the 90's.

>London
MUSLIM MAYOR

>
>That's the gimmick, bro.
How about being genuine and not relying on gimmicks? Goes a long way in being taken seriously, I'd say. I don't know who these people are though.

As if KISS is a well respected rock band to begin with.

>why watch high concept movies and TV shows when documentaries are just as good

What the fuck is this thread? the state of nu/mu/
you're all cancer for defending icp and this garbage

Triggered.

Ok marshall but where is the album

ITT: Retards

Literally the Nickelback of the 70s.

Way too odd an specific
They want you to love or hate them

t. Some guy from MI who ate lunch with juggalos in high school

Come to Michigan
They can be found in all shapes and sizes here

They're not trying to be artists though, that's the thing.

I'm pretty sure they're actually normal-ass guys, it's all just an act so they can get their cult following and make a shit ton of money. They're more like businessmen than anything else.

I think Die Antwoord tried to do something similar but were less successful.

the epitome of shit-tier dadrock

They're idiots, but I'd have a beer with them, they sound like pretty damn cool guys.

Would you have a beer with regular juggalos?

>Die Antwoord are less successful
I don't really remember ICPs heyday because they are literally whos in Europe but Antwoprd sells out medium sized stadiums all around the world, I'm sure that counts for something.

Never met one, don't know. Probably not, because ICP can separate their persona from their real life, I don't think juggalos can.

KI$$

YO WHATSUP NINJAAAS

ICP host their own yearly festival.

They got a lot more respect in their no-makeup 80's phase

well it did work well with twiztid, but they have moved on.

I'm not sure what the falling out was over, but I'd wager it had something to do with Psychopathic being an ICP vanity label and Twiztid believing they could do better by themselves.

from my understanding thats exactly what happened.

Having an extremely devoted fanbase that comes to you from all over doesn't measure popularity overall.

but it's not. these guys are retarded and actually believe in shit like miracles

Who's the true retard though? He who thinks that we know absolutely everything about our universe, or the one who accepts that there will always be something hidden from us?

I've seen them get more respect now than they ever did in the past, partially because of how political juggalos have become. The march against being labeled a gang, and their anti-fascist stuff have convinced a lot of people that they aren't just idiots.

Of course, that's all media. All the juggalos I've met IRL have in fact been complete wastes of space, just total white trash. And I'm originally from Colorado, so I've met a good number of them.

BECAUSE THEY'RE CLOWNS!

FUCKING

desu desu though, isn't magnetism a fundamental part of our universe (under the electromagnetic force)? it isn't too ridiculous to be confused by something that can't 'really' be explained, it just exists. Better than acting superior without bothering to learn the science.

>Implying their sons in the 'Miracles' video won't take over

You might as well ask how magnets work.

I usually despise when people go down this road but throwing it out there: ICP has always been inexplicably and unapologetically white. And no one seems to acknowledge it.

They're one of the biggest rap acts in the world and yet almost no black guy will touch them. They act like niggers/white trash but no one seems to believe they're just aping other rappers. Everyone, Juggalos and critics alike, treats ICP like they are sincere in their aesthetic and values. And that seems to threaten people.

It's okay for some people, like Vanilla Ice, to hook on the nigger music meme because they're clowns just playing at it. No one is going to follow them beyond buying an album or a phase.

Can you show me any examples of musicians that are apologetic about being white?

>They're one of the biggest rap acts in the world and yet almost no black guy will touch them

They have plenty of black and minority fans. Mostly trailer trash of all types.

>Who's the true retard though?

You and all the band members of Insane Clown Posse apparently

Their Miracles vid is pretty enjoyable, ICP should be Sup Forumscore imo

I mean, they don't try to be anything else. Eminem for example is/was insecure as fuck about his racial place in hip hop. It's a big deal. He made a movie about it. I've never even seen ICP acknowledge the fact that they're white rappers beyond the most surface level.

It's like they're from a parallel dimension where hip hop didn't get started as a primarily black phenomenon so they don't even consider it notable.

oh cool, he was the dude who was on Analyze Phish. seemed like a cool guy, I'll have to get around to reading his book.

Is it strange that the ACLU decided to take on ICP's court case to un-classify themselves as an organized gang?
Is it strange that Antifa is not considered a gang but could be, just as ICP has?
Is it strange that Juggalos have recently started to position themselves as being on the same side as Antifa?
Is it possible that the ruling of the upcoming ICP case could change the FBI's ability to classify subcultures as criminal organizations and therefore block their ability to classify Antifa as a criminal gang?
Is it true that ICP has been writing songs about killing rednecks, killing rich people, fucking children and rejecting normality for years?
Is it weird that ICP have always had literally no skill their entire lives but mysteriously received a shitton of money making it possible for them to start their own label when they first started?
Is it strange that fans bring their children to the Gathering of the Juggalos, a place where fights, sex and drug use are rampant and everyone calls each other 'family'?

I am telling you right now, 100%, ICP is so corrupt and the rabbit hole goes so deep that we are staring evil in its face.

If they have connections with Antifa then I'll have to look closer into this. I always assumed ICP were harmless redneck crap.

I would say the retard is the guy who doesn't trust someone who studies magnets for a living to tell him about FUCKIN MAGNETS, AND HOW THEY WORK.

No actual connections, but ICP and juggalo culture has literally ALWAYS been about accepting everyone no matter what, especially for weird and "different" people aka all liberal minded fruits.
Which is kind of funny since I've lived in Michigan all my life and have seen a lot of gay-bashing juggalos. Guess it probably just comes from the twinge of black culture they have

I've met J, Shaggy, and some others on the label though a few times, pretty alright guys. Also the most unironically objectively beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life was at a Gathering like 8 years ago. Was crazy

I don't think respect is a high priority for them because they don't need it. I imagine they're contented with their wildly successful hip-hop franchise and their devoted fans who allow them to continue being successful.

so they say but they're massive hypocrites in my eyes.

WOOP WOOP

>They're one of the biggest rap acts in the world and yet almost no black guy will touch them

Tech N9ne, Hopsin and Bones Thugs N Harmony have collaborated with them.

>ICP has always been inexplicably and unapologetically white
They're a group of wiggers you retard. And now they're antifa n shiet

Also Snoop and ODB