Kino: Enemy
Cinéma: Incendies
Film: Arrival
Movie: Sicario
Flick: Prisoners

Any questions?

>He thinks it''s a ranking system.

Swap Arrival and Prisoners and yeah.

Villenueve has made nothing above the art level of "movie".

He's never made anything below you fucking pleb

Ahahahaha a Villeneuve fan calling someone else a pleb!

Prisoners > Sicario > Arrival > Enemy.

Enemy was fucking shite.

>the director of Prisoners

The most IMDB sensibility film made so far. Anybody who thinks that Prisoners is above mediocre is juvenile about the medium and entirely emblematic of the video game crossposter fueled downfall of this board.

Villeneuve is one of the biggest trashmasters working today. This is hot pocket the movie. Cheeto dust: the flick.

IMDB "FILM BUFF" pleb fodder. If you like this film then you are an enemy of the medium.

>MUH BASED JAKE
>MUH BASED DEAKINS
>MUH DARK THRILLER
>MUH RELIGIOUS SYMBOLISM

All the memes are there, it's shit

Agreed.

It's hard to compare Sicario and Prisoners. Prisoners was way grittier while Sicario was more feminine which helped it out a lot

Enemy is his best you turboplebs
>muh plot
Neck yourselves

>muh contrarianism

Easy to spot trolls these days, jesus christ. Try harder

Definitive ranking

Arrival > Sicario > Prisoners > Incendies >>>> Enemy

First 3 are only a hair's breadth apart though

Holy fuck I didn't know he had another movie out. Thanks user

It's honestly sad to truely think this way. I'm not talking about this movie in particular but this mindset. To say something is bad because it stars a good actor and is shot by a great cinematographer is ludicrous. You've fallen too far, my friend

>WHERE'S MY DAUGHTER
>WHERE'S. MY. DAUGHTER.

Good shit imo, hang yourself

I don't think he's a particularly great or "pleb" director, but Prisoners is definitely his weakest film mostly because of the narrative. It literally has a nonsensical ending just for the purpose of adding some artificially "tense" ambiguity.

I can't stand boring, predictable stories. It feels like every screenwriter in Hollywood these days can only write movies that we've seen before. Enemy was refreshing and something new. Getting annoying that the film didn't present everything to you on a platter just proves how coddled most film viewers are these days

I can see this

Based Rocco

I didn't give a single shit about the main character, or why he had cognitive dissonance, or the big fucking spider in his room

>anything >>>> Enemy

Sickening. I know it's pasta but this place really is for imdb toddlers

AFTER GETTING OUT OF FRENCH INTO ENGLISH

ENEMY IS CLEARLY HIS BEST FILM

SICARIO IS HIS BEST MOVIE

VILLENEUVE IS A TOP AUTEUR BECAUSE THE DIRECTOR LANDSCAPE IS SHIT, CRY ABOUT IT LETTERBOXD PLEBS

So is he criticized as a "plebtrician" director because he's clearly influenced by both Nolan and Fincher?

This. Prisoners is THE example of inauthentic sensibility cinema. It doesn't get more juvenile "film buff" than this movie. Everything from the casting, to the themes, to the cinematography. It physically pains me to even think about it. Fincher was always the epitome of IMDB to me until this movie, but then Villenvue managed to topple him.

Dat fucking atmosphere doe

Adam from YMS is a huge fan, does this change anything?

>thinking Enemy is his best film

GET A LOAD OF THIS TRYHARD POLYTECHNIQUESHITTER

jfc pure kino

28 posts
>14 uniques

I think it's one or two autist Villeneuve haters bent on ruining him for the rest of the plebs.

While the rest of us just accept him as a higher-tier hollywood director and appreciate what he brings.

I think he's both kino and pleb, what now?