HOW WELL CAN YOU HEAR FAGGOTS

HOW WELL CAN YOU HEAR FAGGOTS
I AM EMBARRASSED
0/6
FUCK THIS
npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality

Other urls found in this thread:

abx.digitalfeed.net/list.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2/6.
The 4 I got wrong, I selected the 320kbps. Never selected the 128.
So eh, I'm close but no cigar.

3/6 with below average computer speakers

3/6 with some cheap earbuds, I selected 128kb/s once though so take that as you will

3/6
with 15$ earphones
Jay-Z's was really obvious tho

I selected all of the 128kbps options. Shitty PC speakers, in my defense.

3/6 but never picked the 128 kbps so i guess quite good.

I picked like 3-4 128kbps ones and the rest 320..

2/6 with top tier headphones plugged into laptop
Welp.

It's been well established for years that 320kbps MP3 is transparent under ideal listening conditions for all samples and all individuals.

3/6
I think turning it up doesn't help that much. That just overwhelms your ears. It's more about focusing your attention on the highest and lowest frequencies.

3/6 with iphone earbuds. never selected the 128 but for some reason the katy perry and jay z threw me off. it's much easier to discern when there are strings or voices

4/6

missed jay-z

and refused to listen to k. perry song at all

really? that's the only one i got wrong. where do you hear the difference

5/6

But once you've eliminated the 128kbps one it is just a 50/50 guess.

320 is always enough.

ironically the only one i got wrong was the jayz one.

i got 5/6 with these weird $5 headphones

DUDE PATRICIAN LMAO

3/6 with $60 razer headphones on pc
so what does this mean?

wow a filthy memer

4/6. I thought the wav for Coldplay was the 128kbps for sure and I actually picked the 128kbps. Picked 320kbps for Mozart. I couldn't tell the Jay-z one and actually picked by accident because I scrolled up and picked instead of pressing play.

This was my experience too. I could hear some difference between the wav and 320, but couldn't tell which one was the "superior". Actually ended up selecting the 320 every time. Don't know if chance or subconscious preference.

How can you even tell?

4/6

it's pretty easy to tell the 128kbps one but between 320 and lossless I just mostly had to guess

6/6 because my shitty internet told me which one took longest to load

5/6 with 35$ sennheiser headphones

That's not even a bad one, all things considered. Fuck off you pretentious prick.

abx.digitalfeed.net/list.html

For anyone who wants a more extensive blind test between various formats. Guarantee you can't tell the dif between 320 and FLAC/uncompressed.

5 out of 6

Katy Perry's over produced sound made it soo easy to spot, same goes for Tom's Diner but only because it's easier to hear clarity in vocals when there's no background music.

Struggled with Neil Young and Mozart but failed on Jay-Z, even picked the 128kbps :(

Tested with Sennheiser HD 598s.

kek

: p

4/6 and picked 128kbps once over my laptop speakers

same picked 128 for coldplay and 320 for mozart on mdr7506

3/6 with audio technica ath-m50

The first 2 and coldplay felt easy to me but the rest were kind of hard to distinguish.

I think with different sounds it's easier to distinguish with varying sound quality, which is why some songs seem to feel easier than others.

>The first 2
The order is randomized when you load the page

Capella one was pretty easy Jay-z is the only one that I didn't get 320 or wav

1/6 but i got 320 for everything else lol

4/6

Lol
I only got the uncompressed WAV twice because nobody can tell the fucking difference between uncompressed and 320, but I always knew which one was 128.
I'd be more interested in a 128, 192, and v0 test, or just 128 and v0.

The older songs are harder because the recording noise often sounds reduced by compression. The new dogshit pop like Katy Perry is already over compressed so that you can't tell the difference. I got 4/6. Lost on the Mozart and last chick because they are old recordings. The 320kbps on it sounds better because noise was reduced.