Dormammu! I've come to bargain!

Dormammu! I've come to bargain!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-7x_zM5UfJ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is unironically my favorite Marvel movie

Best climax (anticlimax?) so far

My main gripe was how fast he became a master wizard. I mean literally in the span of 15 minutes he goes from rookie wizard to one of the leaders of the wizard organization.

But man that god-tier CGI made up for it.

Why didn't Dormammu torture him into submission ?

My favorite standalone Marvel movie tbqh alongside TWS. The quips were godawful though, even for a Marvel movie.

Is this the new equivalent of baneposting?

we weren't sure he know the concept of torture

>how do I become a wizard?
>how did you become a surgeon?
>years of research and practice
>exactly
>*becomes powerful enough to teleport and warp time in a few months*

But he did smashed him several times.

Why didn't he do it slowly?

he was trying to by killing him over and over again

Agreed. Quips were terrible. Minus the Mr. Doctor quip....mostly because of Mads.

Why does this board get so mad at quips?

He has been used to a space without time. Feeling time is a torture to him.

It reminds them of their dad's belt

DORMAMMU, I'M STRANGE.

Non-regular here, I imagine it's due to the overarching trend of shoehorning comedy relief into otherwise serious action films.
That, or this board is full of autists who hate normie humor.

Docotr?

It's Strange

He wasn't a Master Wizard though. He worked out how to use that pendant and that was the outlier of his power. The rest was basic weapons and using that ring thing

your a strange guy

That Beyonce quip was autistic

College age kids fucking love Beyonce, shit was just an easy go to for quips

The joke was that Strange's joke was shit, hence Wong's slapdown about his underlings finding him funny.

It seems they learned a bit from Avengers 2 and dialed it down a bit

explain this meme please

Why didn't he use the infinite stone on his hands?

Mr. Strange, why does Wanda call you Stephen?

And thank fucking Christ honestly

I don't think I could watch Avengers 2 a second time.

Spoilers for Doctor Strange:

Strange defeats Dormammu by trapping himself and Dormammu in a time loop that resets every time Strange dies. Strange says that line a lot during the scene, making it a pretty natural meme.

oh, so the scene keeps repeating?

It was so fucking bad, I was ready to abandon the best seat in the cinema

in a sense but it changes slightly every time

you get to see Doctor Strange die in some pretty gnarly manners

who is dormammu?

some big dumb marvel demi god or some shti

A cosmic horror from the Dark Dimension, a dimension that exists outside of time

He's the source of Mads Mikkleson's powers

He's cloud Galactus from the Fantastic Four movie that doesn't have a nigger Johnny Storm.

The being that rules the dark dimension. In the movie, he's manipulating a group of sorcerer zealots to facilitate his consuming of the earth, and most likely the rest of our universe too. Strange defeats him by save scumming like a filthy casual.

youtube.com/watch?v=-7x_zM5UfJ4

Dr. Strangelove is just a min/maxer who sat in his room grinding some low-mp cast until he maxed his lvls.

some quips are fine but it didn't fit this movie. it didn't fit the theme and the world at all. The Wong Adele, cape wiping the tears, Wong laughing and the Thor scene at the end are literally face palm moments

Marvel stole this concept from The Shadow and turned it into a joke.

Four dormamm U

Clearly you've never tried to make an omelette xD

Why didn't Mr Doktor just fix his hands?

he was a rookie wizard who had huge balls and so acted like a master wizard. Lucky for him he was clutch enough to back it up

it's complicated

Everyone and their mother have used time loops, its not original.

Pay attention retard.

>My main gripe was how fast he became a master wizard.

He learns like 4 spells, he just happens to apply them in interesting and effective ways

wouldn't the obvious answer for dormammu to torture strange each time instead of killing him so quickly?

>studies 8 extra hours by astral projecting while physical body sleeps
>astral dimension appears to slow down everything so it's definitely more than 8 hours relatively
>tryhard personality + "muh hands" motivation
>not pro-level

Said it best

Did you not get Stranges revelation?

He trapped them in a loop, knowing he would die/suffer/be in pain over and over because it wasnt about him. He wanted to protect the world and was ready to endure whatever

I was under the impression that years had passed. His name was dropped in Winter Soldier so at least enough time had to have passed that SHIELD became aware of his exploits. Unless Winter Soldier took place after this movie.

Strange was famous even before he got in the accident

Movie was too neckbeardy and cumberslut was pretty annoying but the vfx were cool

sup reddit

Right, as a surgeon. How was a surgeon a threat to Hydra? They were clearly referencing him in his wizard form.

Not everyone was a "threat to Hydra," they just targeted people who were in Shield's database

So if anyone at Shield ever watched one of Strange's CNN interviews or whatever, they probably had a file on him

is there a hidden scene after the credit?

do you idiots actually think the namedrop of stephen strange in winter soldier means he's been training for years?

they just wanted to tie in other marvel characters and movies they were planning by mentioning this character

reddit level conjecturing

It was implied that he had been training for a while.
The editing made it look fast though.

>god tier CGI

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Baneammu I've come to bargain

Have you heard the ones in this movie?

Why would you bargain with some fedora-tier villain. They're like terrorists, no negotiating.

Dormammu! I've come to meme!

Yeah I did

Strange cracks a few jokes at that Wong fellow, who is not amused, because Strange isn't as funny as he thinks he is

I don't mind them, but they were seriously bad in this movie. Totally shoehorned in.

>implying he wasnt wasted

>Did you just try to turn me into a frog? The fuck? I'm supposed to be a Spider, not a toad.

this

Well, one of the patients he rejects at the start of the film is Tony's brokeback buddy, Bernie Bernie Mac. Unless I was hallucinating. I did see the film on 1 hour sleep.
I imagine a universal being would have trouble dealing with something as insignificant as a human delicately enough to torture, I have no idea of Dormammu's comix power portfolio though.
Two of them.

is there a good torrent out yet?

how is this movie doing at the box office?

Came to ask this. There was a pretty great one for Civil War when it came out but I haven't had any luck finding anything for Dr. Strange.

Dormammu i've come to meme

fuck

Nope. Not yet.

I did like the "mister doctor... Its Strange" quip as expected and lame as it was.

How about that half way through the movie he gets the ability to fix not only his problems, but save the other sanctum, his teacher, and anything else that's wrong. He could have turned Mads into a baby, or an old man, killed him outright but didn't do anything until the end. For reasons. Marvel reasons, turn your brain off reasons.

I really liked the film and fuck it looked great in 3D for once but Cumbersnatch's American accent was seriously off. They should have thrown in some wacky backstory like he grew up in Finland or something to explain those random glitches.

>into otherwise serious action films
>capeshit flicks
>serious action films

Strange was not aware of any of it happening, where as Dormammu was.

Also Dormammu began to feel the effects of time and an eternal time loop

>electric wheel for your bicycle
Way to completely miss the point of a bicycle, you fat fuck.
The only positive about that is that they didn't even try to say it's green.

Holy shit this thread is pure cancer. Exterminate all MCUcks when?

>they just targeted people who were in Shield's database

No, they targeted people who were most likely to fight back against a hydra coup.

Doctor Strange takes place after Civil War. Before his accident, there's a scene referencing Rhodey getting injured.

>Dormeme I've come to bargain

Very well. Already over $500 million worldwide and had the lowest second week drop for any Marvel movie since Thor (and second overall in the franchise). Best drop for any capeshit this year.

Its legs at the BO might be cut off by Fantastic Beasts and Moana though, Disney should've released it in a less crowded period. Still, ~700 million overall still exceeded expectations, early tracking showed it getting Ant-Man numbers.

what?

Holy shit people really do enjoy eating shit.

Some psychologist should do a study on these people.

>people like fun movies
STOP THE PRESSES user HAS DISCOVERED SOMETHING HUGE!
But oh wait, you don't think they're fun movies so that must be the truth :^)

>people will think I'm smart if I shit on something simply because it's popular

It was a blatant Iron Man copypaste with none of the funny quips or good action scenes that made Iron Man decent. It's a shameless safe by-the-books moneymaker. It's not fun. It's fucking boring.

>safe by-the-books moneymaker.
Yeah, it's right on the mark of average.

It ain't bad, nor is it stellar.It's just appealable enough to make the big bucks.

He didn't know how, Based Swinton only tells him how to perform this right before the final fight (the entire last half of the movie takes place over a few hours at most remember) and we don't see enough of him after that to determine if his hands are still fucked. For all we know, during that Thor scene his hands could be fine.

>none of the funny quips or good action scenes that made Iron Man decent
>implying

Well they would be fairly serious action movies if they didn't have the quips.