NOW?
NO
>MAGICCCCC HOURRRRRRR
QUICK FILM EVERYTHING

Atheist detected.

>a terrence malick movie

>A Terrence Malick reuploaded youtube clip

BEST MALICK GRASS IS BY FAR THE THIN RED LINE

>In early 2000, during an interview with Le Monde[18] regarding his new production facility[19], Poilâne asserted that he had unwittingly employed Malick between the years of 1980 through 1986 as an apprentice baker. Malick was using the pseudonym Antoine de Tournesol, and Poilâne recalled one of his interview responses 'de Tournesol' gave for wanting to work with him; "Our minds are like dough, our hearts like flame." De Tournesol was a model employee, according to Poilâne, and the reason given for leaving was "hearing again the drums of war." Poilâne proceeded to laugh the experience off, and was apparently "fond of Antoine's war movie," though didn't care for the pacing.[20]

What did he mean by this?

THE GRASS WAS CALLING TO HIM

>COME BACK TO CINEMA AND MAKE YOUR FIRST NEW FLICK IN 20 YEARS

AS YOU CAN SEE HE PAID PROPER HOMAGE

THE GRASS IS IN THE FOREFRONT OF THE COMPOSITION, NEARLY CONSUMING THE SOLDIERS, THIS IS THE LAST TIME THEY WOULD SPEAK AS FRIENDS

>for one of the shots in The Thin Red Line, [Adrien Brody] was held underwater by an enemy soldier for over three minutes in an elaborate torture scene [5]. To portray the brutality it was shot as one long-take, and Brody claimed to 'come up gasping for air desperately' afterwards, feeling 'close to death' [6]. Terrence Malick was however displeased with the actor's performance and ordered three more takes [7]. This scene was not used in the final cut.

Truly the greatest method director of our time, and it made TTRL into a masterpiece

COULD MAKE 20 OSCAR WINNING FILMS WITH ALL THE SHIT MALICK HAS LEFT ON THE CUTTING ROOM FLOOR OVER THE YEARS

HE DOES IT TO A-LISTERS HE DOES IT TO EVERYONE, KEEP EM ON THEIR TOES, COMPELS AUTHENTICITY BY PLANTING DOUBT, SOME ACTORS SIGN ON TO THE PROJECT AND SHOOT FOR HIM BUT DONT EVEN MAKE IT IN THE MOVIE AT ALL

>In 2004, during the filming of The New World, Malick forced Christopher Plummer to climb a tall oak tree. The task was very difficult for Plummer, who was 74 at the time, and took 3 unsuccessful attempts before Malick was satisfied with his performance [12]. This footage was not used in the final film.

No one is safe
Got Plummer so butthurt he hates him forever
youtube.com/watch?v=xw08GQw0hBI

> Terrence Malick

>Malick resorted to guerrilla style tactics where the actors were not told who they would be interacting with, requiring them to improvise entire scenes. Bale said that Malick referred to this as "torpedoing" and that as a result he mistook Teresa Palmer for a real stripper.[23][24] These methods came to a head when the cast and crew entered a Hollywood party without permission.[24] When the production was politely asked to leave, Malick looked the hosts and their security guards straight in the eye and whispered, "Your words are thoughtless, my thoughts are wordless" as a single gust of wind suddenly blew his hat up into the sky.[25][26][27]

BRAVO MALICK

whats funny is malick cuts anything he has to direct.

If he doesn't feel God has done all the work for him, hes not happy with it, and cuts it.

FOR HE KNOWS HES AN AWFUL DIRECTOR

Nah senpai, Days of Heaven grass is GOAT

>MALICK'S RAPTOR IN TOL SHOWS MERCY
>JESUS MADE THE DINOSAURS

YOU COULD MAKE AN ARGUMENT THAT WHEAT IS A GRASS, BUT YOU'LL HAVE TO FIGHT FOR IT

>mfw plebs pretend to like Terrence Malick joints to seem cultured

DO YOU HEAR ME NOW?

Badlands - 9/10
Days of Heaven - 8/10
The Thin Red Line - 9/10
The New World - 10/10
The Tree of Life - transendence/10
To the Wonder - 9/10
Knight of Cups - 8/10

He's a hack.

heh. i made that image a few years ago
fun

WEIGHTLESS WHEN????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????///////////////////////

this

and this

>tfw you realize terry is a christian hack

Terry is agnostic I think

Is the camera man a literal bridge troll?

I remember when ToL came out

>be me
>be studying meme degree at filmschool
>ToL comes out
>some colleagues start cumming buckets
>dunno what all the fuss is about
>go see it
>wtf is this shit I want my money back
>admit openly that I thought it was shit
>most people I talk to didn't like it but they keep quiet about it
>somehow you can't not like malick
I need to know his secret for making movies that nobody likes yet nobody dares to call out on it's bs either.

>It's a mallick film

>a terrence malick movie

This, fucking this.

It's been three fucking years, goddamnit.