but he does have some catchy tunes

Post castles.

numale and tourist all in one image

What are you listening to right now?

Do you recommend it?

>The Covenant - In Times Before the Light
>Nice symphonic black metal, great synths. worth a listen

youtube.com/watch?v=RsQ0yD7OtvY

which one of these is gonna drop a minimalist black metal masterpiece when they come of age? it's in their blood after all

i like it and i need more alike

Yes sire

Have you embraced your hipster black metal overlords, /nbbmn/?

Rec dissoshit

What is some scary/disturbing sounding BM. Gnaw their tongues comes to mind. I'm not searching for spooky synths.

not bm but yes

>What is some scary/disturbing sounding BM. Gnaw their tongues comes to mind. I'm not searching for spooky synths.

Yes, we like your band, but it's not /nbbmn/-related.

A SORCERY WRITTEN IN BLOOD
WHISPERED BY A WITCH IN THE DAWN
GIVE ALL THE HELL CAUSE YOU STILL GOT THE STRENGTH
TO START UP THE BLACK METAL STORM

I like it desu. It reflects the bands sound pretty well.

>Cold winds of oppression
>Screaming at my soul
>Dark winters cry in anger
>At corpses lying dead and old

This is Wrest's best work, no argument.

His black metal album was pretty good until the odd trap influenced track.

Fen - Towards the Shores of the End

yep

Yes if you into blackend thrash

Post ideal bm bodies

You're fucking disgusting.

A question for the trve heads:
Live in Leipzig, Dawn of the Black Hearts, or Live in Zeitz?

Leipzig

leipzig

shit taste

Blut Aus Nord-The Work Which Transforms God always gives me the creeps, freaky atmosphere.

he's this faggot what did you expect?

Neat find at the record store

I think the band is called thee bloodied but I can't find anything about them online.

Pretty cool find user, does that record store usually carry bm?

When it's cold
And when it's dark
The freezing moon can obsess you

hi tourist

They have a little tape area, and it always has a decent bm and garage punk selection. It's called the last record store and it's in Santa Rosa if you're interested.

so neat that you don't even know the name of the band
embarassing

more like this please?

i've listened to almost exclusively black metal for over a year. freezing moon is one of the best songs of the genre, although imo mayhem as a whole is kinda overrated.

Thanks man.

this is a good opinion.

and why are they overrated?

Definitely. Everything past that song is alright, but nothing amazing. But that song is THE song.

Not the same user, but it feels most of Mayhem's popularity still stems from all the shit that went down in the early 90s.
Regarding the musical quality of their albums, most everything up to and including DMDS is great for its time.
Everything past that just doesn't match up in quality, but they're still put on this pedestal as "le greatest bm band ever" by newbies to the genre.

I think when anyone calls Mayhem one of the best bm bands they're mostly referring to material until DMDS and DMDS in particular

aside from a few songs on DMDS, i cant even stand their early stuff. just a blur of mediocre death metal to me. they even played DMDS in its entirety last night here, and i went back and forth on whether or not i should force myself to see them.

yikes

Post 2017 bm that you enjoyed or not

I'm not the boss of you

The Ruins of Beverast, Hedge Wizard, Old Sorcery, Osculum Infame

Where do u guys buy your tapes?

Ljáin, Łatanu, Fides Inversa

Iskandr, Spectral Lore, Ljáin

take the time to look into smaller labels and distros. Instagram and discogs are good for that. You can often find storenvy or bigcartel sites for said labels, others are mail order. If you have particular releases in mind and want to find a distro which carries it, you can google the name of the release and site:bigcartel.com or site:storenvy.com. Also, signing up for a labels mailing list is a sure way to keep up with upcoming releases

are guitar solos trve?

based Ian Miller

you're not trve

>are guitar solos trve?
i dont know. what i do know is that you're a fucking faggot

thank god

Check your local record store. Look for tapes with that generic black metal font on the spine.

>i've listened to almost exclusively black metal for over a year.
>not tourist
This is the problem with nbbmn. Kvltlet mundies "get into" black metal and ruin the underground aesthetic. If you haven't been /into/ black metal for at least a decade then you can kindly see yourself >>/out/

I agree with this but I cant take any post with a smug anime girl seriously.

its this retard again

>Kvltlet
stop trying to meme this into a word, you're not funny.

Kvltlet detected. Where did you even hear about black metal from and why was it Vice?
Do me a favour and just stop posting in nbbmn threads.

dude fuck off with your shitty bait, it's depressing reading your posts

you really are a joke. every one of your posts i just burst out laughing at. your attempts at gatekeeping have you no older than 16, if not, that's still your mental age. you are a meme and you should just stop my man

Ya, sure. You've got nothing to contribute. Get the fuck out of my thread bud.

i've contributed thoughtful recs at least once in every nbbmn thread so far. you on the other hand discovered mayhem last march and have done nothing but reap incendiary (You)s with everyone telling you to fuck off with your every post. this is your last one from me. FOAD

Your recs aren't welcome here, poseur. I've been listening to black metal and supporting the underground movement before this shitty website was even created. I have zero tolerance for outsiders masquerading as "fans" these days. Your support isn't wanted. Your recs suck. You don't have any business dabbling in the occult music scene.

I like anime too but your smug faces saved from Sup Forums and shit opinions aren't welcome here. Post about black metal. Save the image limit for black metal. Or better yet fuck off.

You are discussing BM on an anime board, you're just as lame and fake as any of us.

>anime
>not trve
Not him btw so I won't post an anime pic.

Bandcamp and shit

What's the longest black metal album?

My cock

i need some black metal that has some real punch to it, something that feels powerful. got any recs?

Marduk - Panzer Division

i need solar black metal.
don't give me fannisk faggotry, i'm looking for real apollonian cult muzak.

metal-archives.com/albums/Afterwalker/Afterwalker/516354

sounds awesom, thanks

I'm not familiar with Carach Angren's discography. Anyone know what song they played at the end of tonight's show? People were going apeshit in the mosh pit.

actually listening to some of their songs I think it might've been "Bloodstains on the Captain's Log"

watched this good stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=lA9u8Xz8peo

>I listen to black metal!
>only listens to black metal during nbbmn

Black metal is outsider art for outsiders and is not some trendy thing to hop on when you feel like fitting into some niche group. Fuck off.

first day here?

aosoth's new record is incredible. the title track is their best work yet.

Agreed. No room for week-willed Vicelings.
No Fun. No Core. No Mosh. No Trends.
youtube.com/watch?v=nadR9ih6gCg

I'm pretty sure most people here listen to black metal year round. I don't see why'd you'd force yourself to listen to black metal non-stop for a month if you don't like it.

nu-male band

t. soy boy cuck