Movies you've tried multiple times to sit through and failed

I like David Lynch but after about half a dozen tries I still haven't made it more than 30 minutes. I always decide I need to be on either more or less drugs than I currently am and turn it off.

I did finally make it through Battlefield Earth after about 10 tries. I've seen the first 1/3rd of the movie 10 times.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/58296876
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hope this is a bait thread

Why? I can't deal with Eraserhead, it freaks me out

I thought Eraserhead was fucking boring but I still rated it 7/10 so people don't think I'm pleb. I actually think it's a 5 or 6.

I just couldn't force myself to give a shit about any of it

Holy shit I forgot about this one.

Fell asleep in the theater, fell asleep at home

Because it is bad

Burn After Reading. Is it worth finishing?

eraserhead is the only lynch movie that's worth watching so why call yourself a lynch fan?

>Movies you've tried multiple times to sit through and failed
about half the euro trash "classics" from the 50's and 60's that get listed here all the time

I said I like him not that I'm a fan and you say all his movies are not worth watching so I guess you don't like David Lynch so why are you lecturing me kiddo?

so pretty much everything made from fellini, antonioni, bergman, godard, and rosellini?
because i feel the same i just can't force myself to watch one of their films, regardless how long or short they may be

Capeshit fan detected

I watched it till the end but I had to force myself

I tried to watch Fear and Loathing two times but couldn't finish

First time I tried to watch Eraserhead I turned it off after 20 minutes.

A few years later I sat down with some alcohol and watched it, probably my 2nd favourite film now.

So what the FUCK is the message of this FUCKING movie!?

don't be a redditor or you'll wind up like that guy.

>fellini, antonioni, bergman, godard
all of them except for breathless and persona.

I was always disappointed with Fear and Loathing. It's just so scattered and unfocused (I understand it's supposed to be) and the things that do happen just aren't that noteworthy. I remember liking the book a lot more, probably because it's more interesting reading about a crazy drug experience than watching two guys stumble around.

My friend was obsessed with that movie and literally watched it 32 times in one month or something. I think sometimes he'd finish it and go right back to the beginning.

I tried to watch it before I ever tried drugs and failed and hated it. I haven't done anywhere near the drugs that they did but at least doing some mushrooms and acid a few times gave me some frame of reference and now I think it's great. I'd be curious if anyone who has never done any drugs likes it.

Once Upon a Time in the West

not meaning to be a prick but....
if you can only ''''get'''' a peice of art because you can relate to it by experience, you need to kill yourself.

I watched this and I feel the real movie has no chance to live up to it
vimeo.com/58296876

I'm the opposite, I liked it before I tried anything and watched it after, can't stand it.

That's nice. You aren't important and your opinion doesn't matter.

It triggers me that the names at the top aren't corresponding to the actors.

I never watched this but it's on the list of films I will probably get to when I'm 60 and I feel death's grip closing on my shoulder.

I turned off Mulholland Drive with 40 minutes left, I was so annoyed with that stupid fucking movie.

I never finished Battlefield Earth, it literally gave me a headache though.

It's so forgettable, I watched the whole thing and couldn't tell you what it was about. Small-time cons was the impression I got.

Eraserhead is a film you should watch in your 20's desu.

I loved Eraserhead and kind of disliked Mulholland Drive.

What did you dislike about Mulholland Drive? It's my favorite Lynch movie and one of my favorite movies in general.

I watched this on an acid trip and it deeply ingrained the fear of parenthood into me