Why don't you like classical music?

Why don't you like classical music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lntZtusojK4
youtube.com/watch?v=yMzOCQsJrH
youtube.com/watch?v=yMzOCQsJrH8
youtube.com/watch?v=k4kQhXHS54s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I do, thank god i'm not THAT clueless when it comes to music.

it doesnt evoke any emotion in me.

this. aristocratic music doesn't do anything for me.

i do

eww

patrick cassidy's vide cor meum and anything by satie I like, don't know if patrick cassidy is really classical though

>listening music to feel something

My boy, Vivaldi.

People usually don't like it because they don't play classical music so they don't learn to like it or because they just listen to the boring stuff.

I like this one right now:
youtu.be/lntZtusojK4

>t. Vivaldi stan

nice choice

Your a stupid nigger, try other forms of classical music

How did you come to the conclusion that all classical is aristocratic, only a couple of composers like Mozart and Haydn were.

Hollow.

>classical
The classical era is pretty meh before Haydn. Also, Vivaldi is for plebs.

youtube.com/watch?v=yMzOCQsJrH

Maybe because before the 19th century, almost all music that is today colloquially known as 'classical' was sponsored either by the Church or the nobility ?

>youtube.com/watch?v=yMzOCQsJrH8
Fixed.

>muh it's good because it's complex
the most cancerous genre in existence

>European art music
>a genre
It's a tradition you dumb-ass. It encompasses dozens of genres. And it's not "good because it's complex". Muh complexity is a late 20th century meme.

>it encompasses hundreds* of genres
Fixed.

Well you said you didn't like the aristocracy not the church. Besides I don't really understand how the person funding it is relevant when the end result is better than anything you've ever heard.

I like how you put a hyphen between dumb and ass. Very fancy.

It's one of the reasons it's good. It tells stories, it sounds good, it has emotional depth and it's interesting from a theory standpoint. If you like listening to 4 chords all of your life go ahead, but don't attack people for not wanting to do that. You calling 500 years of music cancerous just shows how little efford you have put into understanding classical and music in general.

Tbh it's not the music that's cancerous so much as the fanbase. Muh complexity wasn't really the aim of most composers so much as beauty or emotional depth, but whenever classical snobs shit on modern pop you always get "it's too simple", "hurr 3 chords so it's inferior", etc

Tbh didn't change to desu? The fuck is going on?

Is senpai still senpai?

Eurotrance did it for me.
youtube.com/watch?v=k4kQhXHS54s

Just admit you're a pleb and stfu.

Tbh desu
see it can't be capitalized

newfag

senpai Senpai

Not inherent to the music itself, but to who you are. Normies for example will only have emotions evoke from radio pop. It's all about what you already feel more comfortable/familiar with. That being said, I think many will still say that classical can evoke emotion (perhaps not the best example but the most upvoted music was classical works when questions about highly emotional music was asked on AskReddit.)
There's nothing inherently aristocratic about the music though. Like the guy before me, you're using a subjective experience that has very little to do with the music itself.
It's more a question of engagement and creativity than it is "complexity". Although I feel views on the term complex have changed as it's often used for instrumentally technical or fast paced music which may actually not really be complex (ex. your standard guitar virtuoso can only really shred pentatonic scales which is very basic.) But either way there's just more detail to appreciate in classical music, and I feel that if you're detail oriented in how you listen to music then you'll eventually come to enjoy it.

Senpai

desu

what the FUCK Desu

I do, I just hate classical music fans.

The only way you can objectively rate music is by musical complexity. If you think Bach didn't aim for making complex music then how could he possible compose something like the art of fugue?

>Mozart
>aristocratic
lmao

John Cage doesnt feel any emotional element from music. You are going well.

the only pieces of classical (more specifically baroque) music I listen to are Bach's organ works.

i have a low iq

I prefer impressionist music, but in all honesty classical is up there on the genres of erudite.

What the f**cking point?
I'm not musical trainned to understand it. You know how cringe it would be if someone ask me what kind of music i listen to? and how fagget it would said "classical :)", like if you dont know about music you wouldnt understand big ones like Bethoveni and other or even difference it from the rest, its just the same works with a little of difference that normal people can't understand

Can you over anything other than "muh" abbreviations and buzzwords?