Is there a band better than the strokes, Sup Forums?

is there a band better than the strokes, Sup Forums?

How this band manages to be the most critically acclaimed out of all butt rock bands of the 2000s will forever elude me.

Yes

Definitely, but the strokes are fun to listen to.

Almost every band

The Raveonetts appeared about the same time they did, and got very little notice comparatively but I always thought they were far better

Hell, they're still churning decent material too.

I misread it as The Stooges first and I was about to write hell yeah but I now see you wrote The Strokes so hell no

Stereolab.

Make basic ass rock music.

I really like how Albert and Nick's guitar sections complimented each other really nicely. Albert is an underrated rhythm guitar player.

>Play power chords
>"Albert is le underrated XD"

>playing chords having anything to do with timing and rhythm

kek

1. their first album is unironically excellent. 2. they were young as fuck and cool as fuck. 3. they were making that music in an era of overproduced faggotry like hoobastank.

julian casablancas is unironically the greatest musician of our age

You're unironically objectively wrong

what did you hope to accomplish by posting this?

1: Excellent? Yes, because liberating the greatest 60s-70s rock bands' ethos, edge and debauchery and culminating it into pop-garage rock is really worthy of critical acclaim. RHCP's By the Way was much better and original, yet they get pushed aside for no significant reason other than idiotic hipster-ism. In fact, The Strokes was butt rock for hipsters, precisely.
2: I can't argue with you there. They were pretty cool, I guess.
3: The Strokes was no different than Hoobastank, Nickelback, Three Doors Down, Staind, and others. Heck, I'd go as far as to say they were the Black Keys before the Black Keys existed. How do they get the amount of praise they do when there were much better Alternative Rock bands? Mew, The Fall of Troy, Dashboard Confessional, hell, RHCP as I said before? What gives?!

name 1 musician better than julian

show me one example of albert playing power chords in a strokes song. he plays major or minor chords most of the time

their music is clearly better than 99% of 00s buttrock

Alex Turner

Top of my head: Thurston Moore or Jeff Mangum orr idk... Ludwig Van

Thom Yorke, Billy Corgan, John Frusciante, Chris Carrabba, Billie Joe Armstrong.

arctic monkeys are the strokes but for 14 year old white girls you're obviously retarded

>implying the strokes are not for 14 year old white girls

fuck off retard

it's about aesthetic and timing user. no major act was putting out shit like Is This It at the time. it's an incredibly hip album for 2001. it's understated and minimally produced. it's brief. it's wildly catchy. it flows well front to back. there isn't really a bad song on it and there are several excellent songs. no studio wizardry or technical wankery. just earnest and unaffected garage rock tunes. it evokes the exact vibe of being 20 and walking around some nyc strip getting fucked up and feeling cool but also genuinely indifferent to shit you should probably care about. that captured an entire generation of young people like a decade before they were actually around.

i dig that rhcp album but it's so glossy and slick comparatively, and it rehashes a lot of the same rhcp-isms that start feeling predictable by 02. feels very corporate. the lyrics can't hang at all with casablancas's. this is a huge point as to why the strokes have held up. the rapping seems goofy and the lyrical content is oversaturated and corny as hell at times. i can't see why you'd pick rhcp as something to put up against is this it. i'd go with yankee hotel foxtrot.

The first album is almost flawless for what it is.
Personally, I only liked a few songs from their following albums (as The Strokes, I only listened to Casablancas's solo career so far and he hasn't impressed me).
These people are correct.

His Dad.

yeah, all of them
the strokes are NYposeurcore as fuck

>incredibly critically acclaimed
>lou reed himself was a fan and attended their shows, along with a ton of other music legends and celebrities

yeah they were just a boy band

The Blut Aus Nords.

this

ew.

EW.

eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

seriously what is that stringy thing on her left hand?

>critically acclaimed band
>"these guys are so underrated"

the Strokes are excellent, but of course there are better bands. I would argue that they are pretty easily overshadowed by the Smiths who they seem to draw a lot of inspiration from.