youtube.com/watch?v=jrglQJerwsg
youtube.com/watch?v=gyRZ03SFB68
youtube.com/watch?v=GsiXfW75598
youtube.com/watch?v=e7LWCKMFKk8
youtube.com/watch?v=XdfN8MMpp6w
youtube.com/watch?v=VHdHLVFX9Sk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thingabyutee

Is there ever a case of more blatant advertising in a movie than this?

Spy Kids McDonalds.

Hawaii 5-0 Subway

bumpy

Even my 11 year old self was amused by how laughably obvious this endorsement was

I have never worn nikes and don't plan to buy any, but I do like this movie.

I liked how they handle product placement in "Wayne's World", something similar was done in "Spaceballs" but to lesser comedy effect, other than in comedy, is there instances of product placement that's well done?

>be me
>be 2035
>buy All Star Classics over All Star 2 to be "retro"
>ankles and feet constantly uncomfortable
>tow should have bought superior All Star 2

>other than in comedy, is there instances of product placement that's well done?
I don't think so, since the best way to handle it, is to go so over the top that it becomes a joke, like in WW as you said, or Happy Gilmore.

>when it pans over to Garth dressed head to toe in Reebok

youtube.com/watch?v=iIVKQV0sJ-8

>>he hasnt had the same cons since the 90s

gen y faggot

jurassic world had the exact same shot of the kid wearing converse which then panned up to his beats headphones, not to mention all the other product placement from samsung, coke, etc

this can't be real, wtf.

christ

It was worse in Jurassic World because they had the gall to be like "Psh, corporatism is dumb"
And then in the next scene unironically have Chris Pratt drink an ice cold coca-cola while condensation drips down the can onto his glistening pecs.

This.

There's this tv show that says, "Bing It"

bought a pair of these because of this film

oy vey

post product placement kino

youtube.com/watch?v=xFiDoOgRTpk

>the pill

Subtle. Nice weaving of the content. You barely even feel the presence of the ads. I had to double check to make sure they were even there in places.

Nah. This is bad, but I Robot still wins because there's literally two entire scenes dedicated entirely to the chucks and Spooner actually says the name of the product out loud.

youtube.com/watch?v=jg_PXNZrBds

seemed like they were trying to make some meta-commentary about product placement and corporations controlling the media which kinda fell flat considerig it was a jurassic park soft reboot that was made as nostalgia-bait for profit
still a fun flick though

>when it pans over to Garth dressed head to toe in Reebok
That's the first image that comes to mind, there's other comedies where this has failed like in "Evolution" where the world is saved by two morons that have read their shampoo bottle too many times.

What about it "Back To The Future" when Marty ask for a Pepsi Free that wasn't too bad in my opinion.

>americunt *******footwear*****

Bruh, Nikes and Converse are completely different brands

Yeah, you could really see legacy artifacts from earlier scripts

Like, the opening was meant to be anti-corporatist
All the other Jurassic Park movies have these moments where the main theme plays and the camera pans over some beautiful vista with dinosaurs living naturally.
Like the Brachiasaur in JP1

But in JW, the music and panning happened looking over people buying shit.

So at one point, they wanted to have an anti-corporatist theme but that got swept away by greater powers

Kinda like how the genetically modified solider dinosaurs from the first JP4 script got turned into the Indominus and trained raptors

fucking sears in man of steel

carlsberg in spiderman

fun fact:
For some non-American releases, references to Taco Bell were changed to Pizza Hut. This includes dubbing, plus changing the logos during post-production.

The fact that they prepared the society for this to make perfect sense is really good work by the director. DESU the only annoying part of this movie is Leary doing his bit as a monologue, what a fucking bore that guy is.

Also, Bullock is such a qt.

Bob Zemeckis said that all the product placements fit perfectly because the brands evolved over time. His only complaint was that he was forced to shove in California Raisins into the movie and he complained that it looked like turd on screen. The company got pissed since they were hoping for a Reese's Pieces/ E.T. type product placement. They had to settle for a park bench with their logo on it, lmao

It had even worse product placement than that, there were lingering shots on random chinese products that had nothing to do with the film and didn't make sense because you can't buy them in America.

youtube.com/watch?v=UgpXJ2qjU9Y

Not as bad but doesn't make any sense would they have seen him playing considering he's at the end of a long hallway and he has it on 3 screen (instead of having it just in the middle on covered by your body and have work related info on any other screen) had they not actually shown it I wouldn't mind though

BROUGHT TO YOU BY CARL'S JR.

youtube.com/watch?v=UgpXJ2qjU9Y
>Sandwich artist

>two entire scenes

Do you have sauce on this? Because I'm positive they were more like two individual shots: in the beginning when he's just putting them on, and after the tunnel robot chase/fight scene, when he looks down and realizes they're covered in oil. I don't recall as many beauty shots of his converse in the wreckage of his vehicle as Transformers 4 managed to squeeze in of Bud Light bottles

youtube.com/watch?v=gpRzusd9Yi8

>Hey, I like a big fat pizza pBUT COME ONN

Wow it looked so good up to that point topkek user

>zombie outbreak
>take a minute to enjoy the sweet refreshing taste of Pepsi™

Holy fucking shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=KjB6r-HDDI0

The most refined placement right here

youtube.com/watch?v=3HpIZrOH4zc
>literal unboxing scene
>second scene created entirely for him to show them to his grandma
I honestly forgot all about the "nice shoes" thing until looking it up just now. Granted I don't think that one was the entire point of that scene, but the other two are pretty egregious.

>You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola® company

>the cheesy smile after taking a bit or sip
>tilting the Doritos bag to bring the logo into the picture
>panning over to Garth
>the intentionally awful acting before the Nuprin part
>Rob Lowe acting confused to every plug
There are so many levels of brilliance to that scene.

Granted that scene with G-ma at least set up one or two other things IIRC like her entering the lottery for the NS-5, but yeah that was more noticeable than I remember.

Not to mention Halo 5 is a console-exclusive and he's playing it on a PC with multi-monitor support (which the game doesn't have)

Adam Sandler is the GOAT when it comes to product placement

youtube.com/watch?v=8VK7TeW6XKU

>high top
gross

youtu.be/MHCqw23zU_o

>Is that the portable handheld PlayStation Vita ™

At least a couple of them are played off as alright jokes.

kek you can see how Mark Wahlberg isn't even drinking that Bud Light piss, clearly spits it all out

thanks guy who has no style

there's also a pony

It's not even showing a brand name or logo

>movie

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNdYlLUjoe8

The agar.io scene in season 4 was even worse

youtube.com/watch?v=jrglQJerwsg

youtube.com/watch?v=gyRZ03SFB68

youtube.com/watch?v=GsiXfW75598

>spend half the trailer promoting your shit products
youtube.com/watch?v=e7LWCKMFKk8

no wonder Sony is a joke

damn i want some Popeyes now

Weird... it's like they intentionally blocked out the logo on the can he was drinking?

>literal warzone out there and people are calmly eating at subway
>Sandwich Artist

Every single time

One of my favorites

Imagine how much money that Brazilian fuck has now

I miss voar.io so much

That Subway one at the start is actually funny

If they hadn't included the "it's a little like running for president" then it would have been a better scene. As well as not having such a long shot of the game being played. Because the actual premise of the game is a good metaphor for the political world that Underwood inhabits, but by calling that out themselves it ruins the metaphor a bit.

whats with Wahlberg's character, he looks about two seconds away from smashing some vietnam fucking shits

That's not his character.
That's just Wahlberg

Does Wahlberg just play himself in every film he's in

>outta my way, decepticon fucking shits
I think it's just his collecting-my-fucking-paycheck face.

After seeing this I went out and bought my first pair
thats how real patricians live

>tfw this thread made me want to get mcdonalds
mildly ironic

There's this scene that makes me crack the fuck up every time.

In Jurassic World, there's this scene where the two kids are at this Marine World-esque stadium checking out the presentation of the gigantic ass water t-rex, whatever the fuck it is. Well, the scene ends with the older kid saying to the younger one "YOU WANNA SEE SOMETHING ELSE COOL!?", it then cuts right to a shot of a nice, clean, brand new Audi (I think it is), the shot stays on the Audi for like 2-3 seconds before Pratt and the female lead come in.

It happens a lot in that movie
Like when the woman realizes the dinosaur has escaped and she decides to drive all the way back to the control room to do something about it, the camera pans up from focusing on the Audi logo when she gets into the car

youtube.com/watch?v=XdfN8MMpp6w

youtube.com/watch?v=VHdHLVFX9Sk

While most of it is just like "Eh, whatever, it's a theme park so all those stores make sense." and all that... holy mother of fuck all of those Mercedes shots. God DAMN.

>holy mother of fuck all of those Mercedes shots. God DAMN.
Yeah
Some of them are so bad
Like the you can feel the camera stick on the logo when the it pans by

Only cute girls can pull off Chucks.