youtube.com/watch?v=351Aa5q_S98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AHAHA
WELL MEMED OP WELL MEMED
HOWEVER

Dumbledore really let his hot wax fetish get out of control

>three turns should do it
>*wink*
What a sick fuck. Columbus just had to add something even as producer.

>time travel out of fucking nowhere
>never mentioned again

BRAVO ROWLING

They do though, they are regulated by the minsitry and all destroyed accidentally in book 5. Also the time travel doesnt even change anything, i hope you understood that. They discuss it more, but it really aligns with the themes of the third book which is why it fits so well.

> Also the time travel doesnt even change anything, i hope you understood that.
>literally saved the life of both Buckbeak and Sirius Black

>inb4 a dull copypasta

As much as I'd like to attempt to, I can't since its one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>doesnt understand time travel a kids movie
Bravo. Just fucking bravo. Buckbeak never dies. I dont know why there always one person who completely missed this

The existence of timetravel meant that buckbeak never died, he was always saved by harry and hermione

This, thank you

So how does time travel work in Harry Potter? They are always living in the corrected timeline?

LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR
ADAVA KEDAVRA

For 99.9999% of the time turners, there are no alternate realities, its a brief closed loop thsts limited on purpose so anything done in the past already has happened. They mention something about a woman using one and fucking up the future and thats why they are regulated for only a few hours use.

Holy shit how do you breathe

Single continuity, closed loops

You can't actually change anything.

>you now realize half of those who probably watched azkaban and didn't like or thought they were above the series didn't get it

BUZZ OFF BOT

>Buckbeak never dies.

He never dies because he's saved by time traveling Harry and Hermione. Same with Sirius. Closed loop or not, time travel saves both of them.

From a certain point of view. But the film shows they only think he dies, he never does die.

With the nature of the time travel they technically do and do not save him, its why its fun to think about

You still don't get it see
They always go back in time to save him. So in reality they don't save him because there is no alternative reality where Buckbeak dies in the first place

>floating candles supported by magic
>there's no way to prevent wax from dripping
Nice meme, but it doesn't hold water

If they couldn't time travel at that time both those characters would be dead.

They could time travel and those characters are not dead because of it, ergo time travel saved them.
Fuck the fuck off.

Kek you still don't get it. Even before we see them go back in time they already technically had simultaneously saved Buckbeak, then we see it again from a different point of view. Ergo they never die aren't saved and you cant deal with it. They weren't dead before they time traveled, in fact they already were saved.

I'm going to come over to your house and fucking murder you

THEY WERE ONLY SAVED BECAUSE OF TIME TRAVEL
IF HARRY POTTER DIDN'T HAVE ACCESS TO A TIME TURNER THEN THEY WOULD BE DEAD
THEY WERE NOT SAVED BY NOTHING, THEY WERE SAVED BY TIME TRAVELING HARRY POTTER
NOT "HARRY POTTER"
"TIME TRAVELING HARRY POTTER"
WITH TIME TRAVEL THEY WOULD NOT BE SAVED BY HARRY POTTER
THIS ISN'T FUCKING BRAIN SURGERY

For them to be saved they would have had to been something changed. Nothing changed. You don't seem to understand the time travel dynamics at play in this.

there would*

You're fucking retarded. We know they never died, any four year old could figure that out.
But the fact that time travel was required to save their lives means that time travel saved them. That simple.
Don't give me any "different point of view" bullshit. If the Time Turner was on the other side of the planet and therefore inaccessible to Hermione and Harry, then Sirius and Buckbeak would be dead.

In the new book they change the past with one so that's that.
Guess you're dumb and stupid sorry, that's just how it is. That's just the facts. Sorry.

>book
Nope

They change the past with one.
See
All other time turners existing cant do that

No wrong, they did. Guess you're wrong still.
Harry Potter's dipshit sons go back in time and save Gregory Dingus from being killed by Stinkeringus and he becomes a death eater for some reason, that's how it works sorry.

Not a closed-loop.

They didn't just pull it out of their ass. Hermione is extra cranky that year because she has aged 2-3 months extra on the same shitty sleep schedule she has. In fact it more so comical that the wizards lent out an extremely powerful device for a nerd to take more classes. But she deserved it and used it properly. Dumbledore lets them use it for real.

But from any point of view, and youre a faggot if you dont realize this, they arent saved. Wink

Stop taking Atlas Shrugged out.

Are you not able to read. They are closed loop time turners except the one in the cursed child, which is literally a its a wonderful life remake play who gives a shit.

Sorry it's canon, you're wrong and I'm right.

Pack your bags, fatso.

Its canon thats theres ONE time turner that can do that. Which if you read the books and werent shitposting you would know was the normal, but the time tuners in the harry potter books before cursed child stated the ones leant out by the ministry were all restricted to 5-6 hours of time travel. Theres one that isnt time restricted, this negates nothing about using the others which they did use beforehand.

Truth, most of them are for brief use only, we don't know how many aren't. But the ones that are function as closed loops.

The biggest plothole in HP isn't the time turner shit, it's the fact that all the wizards live in a scarcity free society. They can literally create food and drink out of thin air. Why the fuck do they need money?

Sirius Black?

I always hated how nobody abused anything
why the FUCK does Ron have shoddy robes? Magic them newer. Magic them a little larger if you're "showing ankle". If everything you own is rubbish then you're a rubbish wizard.
then the mom? the kids are out of her hair for 10 out of 12 months a year and she acts like she's this trodden housewife where all she does is cook and clean.
get a fucking job out of the summer months, help your god damn husband

They can't though. Hermione explains this to Ron in book 7.

That said I do find the idea of "being poor" a bit silly. Like what exactly is expensive in the wizarding world except crazy ancient swords and shit that nobody needs? They can travel anywhere instantaneously. The weasleys are apparently poor but there house is fuckhuge and they have that magic clock that seems like it would be a more expensive artifact than most.

"no"

Its almost as if it reflects modern society. Why do we need money?

And she explains exactly what to Ron?

Ron was getting pissy while they were on the run because of a lack of food. He asked Hermione why she couldn't just create food out of thin air like Mrs weasley or the Hogwarts house elves. She says food is one of the five things you can't create out of nothing according to blah blah blah. And that they aren't creating food just transporting it from the kitchen to the table.

Speaking of, I don't think she explained what all 5 were
>food
>clothing
>shelter
>living things
>??

a gf

Why did they make Crouch Sr. look like Hitler?

>get food
>enlarge it or copy it

I'm like 95% sure the books say it's possible to replicate food, you just can't produce it out of thin air.

Why the fuck does Harry trust and appreciate Mad Eye in Order of the Phoenix when the fucking real Mad Eye was in a box the whole time in Goblet and Harry was actually broing down with Barty Crouch Jr?

It makes Albus and Scorpious save Cedric in the past and buttlerflly effect the shit out of the wizard world

Why wouldnt he? He's a decorated good guy and he was impersonated.

And that wasn't even one of the most fucked up things Harry had seen at the time.

you are all wrong with the new canon of The Cursed Child

H O W E V E R

youtube.com/watch?v=351Aa5q_S98

see

>Carry 100 time turners in the bag of holding
>just keep turning time and don't give a fuck about the limitations

Barty Crouch JUNIOR pls