This was complete garbage

This was complete garbage

>if we throw around enough complicated words maybe nobody will notice the glaring plot holes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vzOWR89N7gk?t=6m14s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hey reddit

that was a really good impression of retarded person that didn't know they're retarded.
good post

List the plot holes. A plot hole is something in the movies continuity which contradicts itself. Not something which doesn't work in real life yet it is in movies, not something which you do not like.

It is something which goes against what the movie had previously established due to shit writing.

List the plot holes.

>complicated words

Embarrassing, OP.

Agreed op. The aliens plane was convoluted and stupid given they can see the future.

What were some of the glaring plot holes OP? Enlighten us

youtu.be/vzOWR89N7gk?t=6m14s

Who is this semen demon?

>she thinks its time travel
turned it off there

>I'm retarded

You sure are, kiddo.

haha good one!!

A plot hole is a badly explained gap or an inconsistency in the storyline.

Examples:
>that other linguist has a different opinion of the translation of a sanskrit word than you so you've got the job!
>lol alex jones lets blow up those aliens !!!
>yo dude the aliens are like talking about time!! 1/12 it all makes sense xd
>ayy girl you know our language so you can see the future and shit, happy birthday!
>i don't know why but here's my phone number :DDDD
>wow she told me my wife's last words. time for world peace :)))
>alright, lads, that earthling lady made a phone call and world peace has been established, let's fuck off and hope it lasts for 3000 years! ;)

You do not know what a plothole is.

Poor showing today user.

That's literally the wikipedia definition, you nigger.

But fine, let's drop the terminology. Nothing made any damn sense. Are you happier with that statement?

>Nothing made any damn sense
Its just you user. I found it to be pretty straightforward.

lol did it really not make sense to you or is this a pathetic attempt to be a contrarian special snowflake?

You JUST listed plot elements you didnt enjoy or understand, not inconsistencies.

It's not hard to figure out what they wanted to do. It was just poorly attempted.

It's a stupid flick.

>lol u jus didnt get it! 2deep4u

The whole movie felt like it was trying to achieve exactly this response from pseuds. I bet you guys enjoyed Interstellar.

contrarian special snow flake got it

>explained gap or an inconsistency in the storyline.
So exactly what I said when I meant it's something which goes against what is previously established.

>>that other linguist has a different opinion of the translation of a sanskrit word than you so you've got the job!
Not a plot hole
>>lol alex jones lets blow up those aliens !!!
Not a plot hole
>>yo dude the aliens are like talking about time!! 1/12 it all makes sense xd
Not a plot hole
>>ayy girl you know our language so you can see the future and shit, happy birthday!
Not a plot hole
>>i don't know why but here's my phone number :DDDD
Not a plot hole
>>wow she told me my wife's last words. time for world peace :)))
Not a plot hole
>>alright, lads, that earthling lady made a phone call and world peace has been established, let's fuck off and hope it lasts for 3000 years! ;)
Not a plot hole

These are simply plot choices which you do not agree with.

A plot hole is this

>time travel is said to be impossible in the movies continuum
>nek minnut
>MC is time travelling to get himself out of a plot problem

Plot holes are literal holes in the plot. They appear when a writer gets him or herself into a situation they cannot write themselves out of and usually have to resort to using deus ex machina.

You cannot call subjectively shit writing "plot holes", you can only call objectively shit writing plot holes.

>contrarian special snow flake

good argument, good effort.

I like how no one touched this post, user is right.

OP not trying to be mean but you sound like an inexperienced viewer of cinema or autistic. Maybe try it again in a few years w/ some more films under your belt.

It really is the most simply explained science fiction movie I've ever seen yet some of you guys are managing to shit on for all the wrong reasons.

What was convoluted about the plane? They saw the future, in which humans aided them based on their visit, what's the problem?

so you understand amor fati, sapir whorf and were able to understand the general concept of experiencing time differently? I don't think im a genius for understanding it but you seem stupid

Just curious but are you a nigger?
You should Google 'plot hole', you clearly don't know what one is

>The understand human language
>They don't clearly communicate the situation

Boom done. And can be done with 1 ship.

someone tl;dr the aliens, their existence and time and how humans fit into it please.

Grandma invited me to see this movie later in the week. Doesn't seem like a movie I am interested in apart from dissecting the writers vision on time and what not.

Please tl;dr the logic for me please.

I'm familiar with Nietzsche and Sapir-Whorf-Hypothesis (which was also explained in the movie itself btw). None of my problems with the storyline have anything to do with these things.

Grandma's cooler than you honestly

Listen well Op.

when you googled those two theories i hope you read what they are so you can stop being such a fuckwit

I know :(

She's right.

I'm literally studying linguistics and have read Nietzsche's whole late body of work in German, you smug nigger. I'm not even joking.

if you were actually studying linguistics you would enjoy this movie

I liked the idea. It was just really badly executed.

oh shit guys. he said it was badly executed. maybe it was US who were wrong the whole time.......

Thanks for your input :)

You're thinking of time as linear. Their thinking is circular in conducive to seeing the future. It went down the way it did as it already happened the way it did.

It was really good much better than the crap Disney shits out that people highly rate, admit it you don't like it because it's a contrarian opinion to have.

you're assuming they had the choice to clearly communicate the situation
to them, everything will happen is constantly happening, and nothing can be altered
the movie is just a glimpse into one part of the circle

most of these are explained by a thematic understanding of the movie

you just outed yourself as a plebeian

If you didn't see/like/understand Enemy you should have not bothered with this

Maybe this just went over my head but can someone please explain this to me:

Somewhere in the movie someone says "when you learn a new language, the way you think changes", or something like that. So, supposedly, she could see the future because she learned the ayy lmao language and that changed the way her brain works. But she saw her daughter literally on the first scene of the movie, and she didn't even know ayy lmaos were here.
Am I missing something here?

its not chronological

No one is saying it is deep just that for most people it wasn't very confusing.

She's retelling the story you dumbass

Let's even say that there are "glaring plot holes" like you say.

But what about the genius editing, set and sound design, soundtrack, line deliveries, blend of CGI with the practicals, pacing, framing and composition, basically every other filmmaking element?

>This was complete garbage

If you think the movie is bad in other departments then make actual arguments instead of overexaggerating just to make your post seem like it has a strong argument.
Remember film is a visual medium, so you dismissing a movie completely just based on the narrative will always make you an absolute pleb.

>for most people it wasn't very confusing.

Because it isn't. I never claimed it is. Many of the characters' actions just straight up don't make any sense.

Let's say you're the chink. Some random burger woman calls you and tells you the last words of your wife. So you go and push for some international treaty for world peace?

You're the aliens. You need a unified humanity to save your ass in 3000 years. So you fuck off when good diplomatic relations have been established temporarily?

I felt the dialogue was really poor. The rest was solid, but nothing out of the ordinary.

the only appropriate critique of the film is that amy adam's character is unlikeable and doesnt act like any human does

ITT: People not understanding timetravel as a plot device.
>m-muh plot holes!!!!

If you didnt like the movie, you're basically leddit.

You literally said
>it doesn't make any damn sense

ITS NOT TIME TRAVEL RRREEEEEEE

The editing was goddamn perfect.

For example the first contact scene.
So much built tension and atmosphere and Amy Adams freezing right at the point of contact and a sudden jump cut to the decontamination chamber.
Brilliantly executed where other movies would further prolong the scene with the actual contact being shown and therefore lose all the built tension.

Reminded me of the jump cut from the dusty silent explosion aftermath in Sicario to a close up of Emily Blunt's bloody head in the shower.
Same use like the decontamination chamber.

Villeneuve is a terrible director. There's no reason for me to personally check this one out as I consider both Sicario and Prisoners two of the worst films of the 10s. Insultingly stupid and simple in their moral "complexities"

compared to the movies that get discussed on this board?

You're the aliens that can SEE THE FUTURE in some way. They already know that this point had already happened in the future. Also the Asian general didn't push for an international treaty. All he did was stand down after being presented with evidence that Amy Adams received the gift of being able to see into the future and using his own private number. He literally says that he only came to the ball to meet Amy Adams and giver her the number.

i agree bro, cant wait for the new avengers movie how about you??

>Let's say you're the chink. Some random burger woman calls you and tells you the last words of your wife. So you go and push for some international treaty for world peace?
Amy Adams is calling from the head CIA number and telling the chink (who also experienced "the future") the last words of his dying wife. This shows the chink that she "cracked" the code and he grasps the concept of non-linear time in that moment exactly.

You're the aliens. You need a unified humanity to save your ass in 3000 years. So you fuck off when good diplomatic relations have been established temporarily?
No, they fuck off when they gave us the non linear perception of time which was the next step in helping them in 3000 years.

lmao how underage are you to not understand those interactions

>idiots and plebs are still being triggered by this work of art

You sound like a fan of Armond White.

Just here to let you know he basically sucked Villeneuve's cock in his Arrival and Sicario review. He adores him.

"moral complexities" laughing hard my dear amigo friend

>he thinks there was time travel

This whole thread must be fucking bait.

I have never read one review from White
That's a low standard.