DANCE OFF

Other urls found in this thread:

unitedstatesofno.ytmnd.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

L O L

>I'm distracting you dummy teehee :P

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

r3ally g3ts da nah991n jah99in

This might have worked, if before the "dance off" he was looking at the bad guy with despair and gritting his teeth, tears streaming down his face from sheer anguish that humanity is about to be destroyed...

... and THEN, in some futile, pathetic attempt at distraction he announces, "dance off. You and me." with tears still pouring down his face.

Now that I'd believe.

go home zack

what are you doing

I loved this part and seeing 16 year old fa/tv/irgins mocking it in their desperate sophisticated posturing never fails to make me smile.

>that moment when you're an extra in the set that's had to stand there for half an hour and the actor who just walked on while shooting thought they'd goof off a little despite the fact that they're the one who got paid millions of dollars to be here.
>You're not sure if you're gonna be fired for laughing or not so you all sit there silently watching while all the celebrities giggle and everyone else on the set looks at each other hoping the director doesn't get pissed off at you
>probably still get yelled at anyway because the director wanted you 3 feet to the right and you didn't hear him saying it as he muttered it while walking away from you

Oh, come on. It's absurd humour with a touch of realism. At least then it wouldn't be "lel so randumb" because you knew he was drawing on the only thing he really had left - a complete lack of dignity and pure, unbridled desperation.

James Gunn dropped the ball while shitting the bed simultaneously, with that scene.

DORMEME I DON'T SEE HOW THIS IS ADELE

It would only work if the character hadn't been portrayed consistently as a swaggering invulnerable retard up to that point.

I dunno, man. Standing there about to be fried by some asshat tends to have an unpredictable effect on everyone, including swaggering, invulnerable retards.

dont be such a baby backed bitch and maybe take some xanax you fucking wet blanket

I genuinely think this might be the worst capeshit movie ever created.

It feels like one long-ass meme-bait commercial for the worlds least likable protagonist.

I re-watched it last week (convinced it couldn't be THAT bad) and I can't think of one fucking thing I liked. Not. One.

It is definitely your fault, not Gunn's.

It would have been completely jarring tonally to have some big weepy dramatic moment in a campy pew-pew CGI schlock-fest.

unitedstatesofno.ytmnd.com/

Fuck no.

I'd take all of DC's shit and Marvel's shit back-to-back before I'd ever watch this Reddit-trash again.

I honestly cannot remember a single movie I have hated as deeply as Guardians of the fucking Galaxy.

This. Apart from the fact that it seemed a touch more aware of its own silliness than most other capeshit, it was godawful. The CGI was generic, most of the designs were forgettable, the plot was standard capeshit and most of the jokes had been done better elsewhere.

Fuck yes, it is a great movie and there's no reason to hate it that much unless you set out to do it since the beginning.

Agreed. Tired of everyone praising this piece of garbage. The "humor" was awful as well. Only thing I laughed at was the shitty cgi

Exactly.

The plot wasn't exciting.
The characters weren't interesting.
The CGI was (at it's very peak) barely passable.
The action was a particle-effect driven nightmare.
The confrontations were poorly cut and lighted.
The universe was poorly defined (in the movie).
The sets felt like crap nailed together from other sets from other movies.
The antagonist didn't present any interesting motives or traits.

It was just all shit, all the time.

How can Quill have spent most of his adolescence and his entire adulthood in space and STILL not get that the aliens don't understand earth idioms or culture?

must be rough, not being able to enjoy fun things

Let them be, man, they might lash out at you like they are doing to this movie for failing to take them out of their miserable lives for two hours.

I swear on me mum that I didn't even know GotG was a thing until I watched the movie. I was going in expecting an average sci-fi flick. I didn't even know it was capeshit until I googled it afterwards.

I didn't know what to expect and it still sucked balls.

>DUDE IT'S GOOD IF YOU JUST TURN UR BRAIN OFF LMAO

I uh
I liked it

Must be rough, having standards somewhere down by Satan's wine cellar.

better question
why would he still be using earth idioms and popculture references if hes entire existence since he was 8 years old has been in space surrounded by a completely different culture

maybe once in a while, but pretty sure his entire cultural customs would come from the space pirates,

It is hard, I wish I could be a braindead retard too, it looks like a comfy existence

i liked the movie the first time i saw it as a decent enough space flick, with alot of plot conveniences and jokes that didnt land half the time but still a watchable movie

does it have any rewatchability? hell no but since i never planned to add it to my collection in the first place, thats fine with me

You know, I can shut my brain off for movies. The few friends I have art ultra-normies, so when attending a movie of their choosing, like Guardians of the Galaxy, I knew that I had to enter hibernation mode.

You know the mode? Where you're kinda' half-way paying attention and you just try to take stupid shit in stride so that you can lie to people and say that you liked it afterwards.

I've done it with most of Marvel's shit, and even managed to get through Civil War this way. DC is a little more of a problem because DC likes to pretend it's cleverer than it is, and thus you kinda' have to pick up on SOME things.

But Guardians of the Galaxy defied hibernation.

It is impossible to "turn your brain off" enough to make this movie passable. The dial does not go low enough to make this movie passable.

It is not only the worst capeshit movie I've ever endured, but might be one of the worst movies (full stop) I've ever endured. Truly abysmal.

I cannot fathom how far into brain-damage you have to be to enjoy this movie.

hey look someone watched cinematic rectums analysis

you need to see more movies bre

I enjoy literally everything. Dangle a shoe string in front of my face and I'll give it a 10/10.

I live a superior life to all of you.

Imagine being Lee Pace in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Chris Pratt, you fuckin' funny, all hilarious with your quips and retarded script the screenwriters gave to you. I would totally have a laugh with you, both my boring evil character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is watch pure DC kino like Man of Steel in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Lee Pace and not only stand like a moron while Chris Pratt tries to make children laugh with a stupid dance in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing his obnoxious smug face, and just stand there, take after take, hour after hour, while he perfected that dance. Not only having to tolerate his annoying fucking visage but his redditish attitude as everyone on set tells him he's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, CHRIS PRATT REALLY CRACKED THAT JOKE?? because they're not the ones who have to stand there and watch his gay fucking smug face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been watching nothing but a healthy diet of superior DC and Peter Jackson films and later alleged X-Men films for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Hollywood. You've never even seen anything this fucking cringeworthy before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat of fatass redditors watching this scene in the theater as he tries desperately to be funny, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to stand there and revel in his "charismatic (for that is what he calls himself)" humor, the humor he worked so hard for with his manager in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could just quit and sign a 4-movie contract with DC, but you stand there and endure, because you're fucking Lee Pace. You're not going to lose your future kino career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

Wew

>redditish attitude

stealing this and there is nothing you can do to stop me

what can i say, he has one hell of a collection

>alleged X-men movies
golly that was a good one

That was actually pretty good Carlos.

>tfw patrician and still enjoy GotG

Pretty good feel

it was a good film because it was aimed to kids & teenagers no the usual Sup Forums manchildren audience

The thing that upset me most about this movie was that there was no dance-off. This movie kept trying to pass itself off as an irreverent, "different" kind of comic book movie, but in the end it was the same old shit as all the others, just with more memes. Same for Deadpool. Aside from some pee pee jokes, it was a painfully by-the-books origin story. Audiences certainly fell for it, though.

I said before GotG came out, it needed to have the balls to subvert its own climax as a joke, entirely. If, at that moment, Ronan had cast off his cloak and summoned an intergalactic disco ball and begun the most epic dance-off imaginable, then this joke would have worked. Instead it threw that opportunity out the window and went for a "power of friendship" deus ex machina that belongs in a direct-to-video Disney sequel.

The difference between this and Memepool was that at least THAT movie had the decency to try to be funny sometimes.

I'd take GotG over Redditpool anyday.
Deadpool looks like one of the cheapest superhero movies of the past 25 years. And I know it was made with "only" 78 or something million dollars, but it looks dull as fuck. Like holy shit, grey grey grey.
Also it has virtually zero rewatchability. The few jokes that are actually funny (a chuckle at best) get old very fast. Meta-jokes are the absolute worst and the constant fourth wall breaking doesn't really work.
GotG may be safer and more child-friendly, but damn if I don't prefer some colors and cool space scenery over a fucking rusty carrier and a highway.

You're a mongoloid. I hated Deadmeme like the fucking plague, but it is nowhere near as downright abysmal as Guardians of Reddit.

Maybe having tons of bright flashing colors is enough for ADD-riddled retards like you though.

No wonder capeshit is so awful if this is how low you set the bar.

Post top 10

>doesn't post top 10
I guess this guy doesn't care about cinema at all and just wanted to throw an autistic fit.

Was this the most Redditcore scene in movie history?

>DUDE JUST GET LOBOTOMIZED LMAO

that's not a pun you dumb fuckwit

dont fuckwit me buddy i can do this all day

a lobotomy or two would dramatically improve the quality of posters here lets be honest.

>DUDE FUCK CRITICAL THINKING I CAN ONLY SPEAK IN MEMES LMAO

Do you guys feel clever making silly names out of the movies?

It's ironic how you criticize them for being "meme" and reddit, yet can't even make a post without "memeing' some stupid name.

Just type normally, jesus christ. Would you actually say your posts aloud, with dignity?