Mike Zunino, C
-
James Paxton, LHP

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TY KELLY VALIDATE YOUR EXISTENCE

>.221
>.208
>.208
>.080
Can the Mariners get past this juggernaut?

I demand a Moose VS Fanatic shenanigans brawl.

Get back to being good Paxton.

Oh I guess this is the thread. Go pax

How's everyone's day going?

I got a haircut and bought DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for $5. You read that right, 5 bucks.

Go M's

Why is Safeco one of those Retractable roof parks that doesn't feel like a giant warehouse? Chase Field was pitifully ugly, and so is Miller Park. What is it that makes Safeco... nice?

I feel like the M's will drop the series because it's just what they fucking do against trash teams.

Lowkey pumped to finally see Aaron Nola 2bh

Pretty good. I think I may walk to the store and get an Arnold Palmer, if I get motivated.

It could be the green color everywhere. I'm sure it gives people a more relaxed feel.

Every series we've had this year, someone said that. I need to remind you that you're playing the Phillies. Today is Nola, so it might be a nice pitchers duel, but rest assured you'll split the 2 games at worst

They actually put money and thought into the design. 18 years later, it still holds up. The additions that have been made since it opened, like The Pen, and Edgar's Cantina have been great too. Good food, good seats, a shit ton of northwest homages too.

It's one of those stadiums that will survive for another 50 years at least.

well, that and all that open air around the outfield bleachers. Chase field and Miller both look like a prison fucked an industrial plant when their roofs are closed. Safeco still looks cozy like a real ballpark just opened an umbrella.

It is a wonderful looking park. I hope CBP is a nice park to outsiders, and that it stays up for decades more. Not necessarily because I think it's some beacon of greatness, but because it's something nice and I don't want to pay for another one.

And I see Nola's velocity is down again. I like that. He's got some real dangerous mechanics, and high velo can't be good for them

Minute maid looks nice as well. I think Chase and Miller really went 90-10 on Function/form

He is out

lets not have a repeat of the Haniger play

He's out!

Guys, the last two jobs have required me to either visit or look at drawings for the local Seattle area stadiums and a couple out of state. The stadium talk is awesome. I love exploring them and seeing all of the different design decisions.

The entire time Phillies Broadcast crew was saying "He's out, I have no idea why it's taking so long"

minute maid is just as bad imo, if not worse. the entire left/center field perimeter is a meme factory, and that's AFTER they got rid of Tal's Hill, which I personally liked. chain link and weird jutting walls poking out everywhere, not to mention the rip-off train which is a third-rate clone of the natural surroundings of safeco.

the quality of officiating is really going down the tube. Every season it gets worse.

>4 K's in two innings

Replay killed everything. Blown calls even out over time, fucking everyone over equally and producing some nice manager/umpire chimpouts. Replay reviews are anti-entertainment for the sake of 'correctness'

>Eh

>there will never be another Sweet Lou
Just end it now

>TMac and Kruk are just talking about Joe Torre's dugout manners

So who are you rooting for? I just love watching a close game.

Get something going Mariners!

>18 years ago today was the last game in the Kingdome

One of my many memories of the Kingdome as a kid, was how dumpy the area immediately south of the dome was. There was huge empty dirt lot and all the buildings looked dingy. For some reason that stuck with me for a long time as what being in Seattle was like.

JEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNN

I hope the Phillies win today.

MEAN JEAN

JEAN!

SEGURA NO!

>I love watching a close game
Go. Get as far away from the Phillies as you can

I really want Cruz to break out of his funk, but that was a nasty pitch by Nola.

thats a good deal

the m's of course

Are you kidding me Paxton? What the hell is your problem?

get an out already, paxton

>bases loaded with 0 outs
Oh boy, I can't wait for the Phillies to not score!

C'MON TY KELLY DO THAT THING YOU DO ONCE EVERY 30 GAMES

Close enough!

you're suppose to be a future ace, paxton. get it together

oh sweet baby jesus we're tied

What a bunch of shit

Relax Mariners fans, you'll have that lead back soon enough.

Oh shit. Did he avoid the tag? C'mon Zunino! What the fuck?

Damn that looks safe in the replay angle

Was he ruled safe? I walked into the bathroom as RUpp comically did that thing

Pax has such a sensitive delivery

one minute, he's dealing. the next minute, he can't find the zone. I know this is a pretty ticky tacky ump, but it's been a trend this season.

What the fuck are you doing, Franco?

Why hasn't HERRRRRREDIA been playing this last 4-5 games? Maybe I missed him playing against Houston over the weekend, but it seems like Dyson's hot streak was over about 5 games ago and he's back to getting out a lot.

Servais's love of >muh matchups I think. Guillermo really should be getting more playing time tho

probably because Gamel has been hot and Haniger needs reps to get back into his comfort zone.

JAMIE MOYER IS IN THE PHILLIES BROADCAST BOOTH

show me some effort, m's

We need more Moyers in the world. Youth development stress speed way too much now, when they should be teaching location.

Jamie was sticking out bitches with an 86 MPH fastball. That's talent.

but why?

>average crowd age: 104

Where did it all go so wrong? also, i bet this demographic just loves replay reviews.

CANO

Time to launch one Cruz

I remember going to a game and leaving in the 5th inning or so since we lived on the east side, but there were about 10 homeruns during that time. It was nuts. Also went to a seahawks game there wearing a raiders shirt when they were playing them. felt like a true rebel.

Absolutely pathetic Seager. I hope Zunino stays hot so there's good reason to drop Seager in the order and hopefully wake him up. He is just not the same as last year or even the year before.

Moyer's over/under for HR's given up a start would be around 5 in today's MLB. There's a pitcher/batter arms race and power is the hitters' answer.

Why is World Series Winning Phillies Pitcher Jamie Moyer in the Phillies broadcast booth? Because he was in town and decided to stop by!

MAIK

I'm disgusted

GOOO PHILLIES! MORE DINGERS!

delet

get out of you're funk, dyson

Finally Dyson.

Continue the month of Junino!

>not taking out Nola now

Pete Mackanin, what are you doing?

about time

It's not a season where we can win. Let him get out on his own

FUCK THIS SHIT

Good job, Nola.

get a run

Freddy!

Come on Tommy

A groundout

well this isn't looking good

>Bench Doobs for running past a 40 foot stop sign
>Use him anyway

Time for the bullpen implosion!

Benoit gonna come back with a vengeance, count on it

>Benoit

need a run in the 8th to make the comeback more doable in the 9th

That was bizarrely painless from Benoit

>Implying there is any lead Neris can't blow

>Hector Neris stands between the Phillies and the win column

You have nothing to worry about. Whenever the M's have us feeling good, they throw up a total stinker against teams with losing records. As you can see, no hits with RISP and some bad fielding. And, oh yeah a former Mariner did well against them, that's a huge sign.

Galvis is fired up

he butchered that throw

It's no longer a save situation. Neris has no pressure on him

Man, it was so cool being above .500 for a few days

>implying he won't still blow it
I remember when the Phillies were above .500 about two months ago. Those were good days.

ALT AIR

Jesus fuck, Diaz is shook

Fresh prince of Altair

and I thought diaz was doing better

Imagine if this Neris showed up when the Phillies are up by 1