Is this officially the worst trade ever?

Is this officially the worst trade ever?

Yes, it should have been blocked by the league when it happened. The Nets Russian owner probably took money under the table.

it was probably more because GOAT Billy King decided to pull off one of his spectacular overpay-for-mediocre-players memes again

it was billy king dude

the russian guy told him he'll pay whatever to win and billy is stuck in 2007 for whatever reason

I would say in NBA history it is. Can think of lots of shitty trades in sports but it's hard to botch one up in basketball that badly.

What did they give away for these guys?

3 first round picks and being able to swap positions in the first rd one year, plus a bunch of marginal players. Because Brooklyn is such utter ass the Celtics got 4 high lottery picks for them.

As far as I remember, Nets did improve with those players. I mean, there have been trades when both teams (or even more than 2) get fucked beyond belief.

Their future

>Brooklyn receives: Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Jason Terry and D.J. White
>Boston receives: Gerald Wallace, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks, Kris Joseph, Keith Bogans, three first-round picks (2014, 2016 and 2018), plus the right to swap first-rounders in 2017.
Basically, King threw away a shitload of their future for three over the hill 35 year old players

At the time, people actually thought Brooklynn got away with a steal because they thought they'd be good for at least 4-5 years.

e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g

>On Dec. 18, 2004, the Raptors dealt (Vince) Carter to the Nets for Alonzo Mourning, Eric Williams, Aaron Williams and a pair of first-round draft picks (Joey Graham and Renaldo Balkman). Mourning did not report to Toronto.

People forget they went 49-33 without those guys the year before. They actually got worse the next year though they did upset someone in the 1st Rd(don't remember who)

>craptors

the funny thing is that Ainge hasn't even been able to capitalize on these picks

i just imagine the celticfag, seeing this post, getting frusterated and point to muh jaylen brown muh tatum but realize they traded away the #1 overall pick for tatum and a CHANCE at the lottery pick in the future, more likely late lottery in 2019 than anything good next year lmao

>The arrogance in the room was that we were going to roll, we were going to win these next couple of years,” said a former Nets staff member who was in the draft room. “Maybe not the championship, but we were going to win the next couple of years and have sustainable success. We were going to keep signing free agents. We were always going to draft between 20 and 30. So if we’re going to swap with the Celtics, who gives a f--k? That definitely was the thought.
hahaha

>Celtics traded two of their franchise legends for a bunch of Janettys
>Get destroyed by Lebron every year since

What exactly did Boston get out of this trade?

The weren't really delusional. Had they kept them for more than one season and surely would have had a couple of winning seasons.

It's more the nets destroyed themselves than boston getting great but LeBron was already 3 yrs in his east dominance at that point. They had a bad year and decided to blow it up and start over.

Their franchise to Kentucky.

>tfw you want to trash billy king but then you remembered he gave your team damian lillard for the corpse of gerald wallace