Liverpool remain opposed to Safe Standing?

What is their problem? Safe standing didn't kill people at Hillsborough. It's worked without incident for years.

>The issue remains an emotive one – especially on Merseyside. Standing in the top two divisions of English football was outlawed following the Taylor Report into the 1989 Hillsborough Disaster, in which 96 Liverpool fans died.

>The Anfield club remain against the introduction of safe standing – their position reflecting the stance taken by the Hillsborough Family Support Group.

You can't discuss this topic on Sup Forums

what's the point of standing? are seats that expensive in Yurp?

>Shrewsbury going ahead with Safe Standing Section
the true heroes.

You can fit drums and tifos in there. It's also a tradition and standing often costs only half as much as sitting

>are seats that expensive in Yurp?
In the premier league yes.

>what's the point of standing?
Atmosphere and tradition. Standing areas are usually the part of the stadium where the ultras and die hard fans are located. And 40-50 years ago stadiums that had mostly standing areas where the norm.

You hear less about 9/11 than you do the 96 drunks

>In the premier league yes.
Huddersfield are giving season ticket holders £100 renewal for the season, which is fantastic.
Meanwhile cheapest Arse ST is £800+

Because liverpool is shit.

*that consisted mostly of standing areas

I can only speak for myself but I can't watch a game seated.
I even moved my yearly next to the organized fans so I can watch the whole game standing up without having someone behind telling me to sit down.

I meant why not just put seats in those sections, but I guess "standing room only" is a phrase even here in the US

What's the point of sitting?

Yeah but who the fuck wants to watch Huddersfield, you need to pay me to watch them

Nice to see that some clubs rethink their strategies.
Taking +£800 for a season ticket is criminal desu.

>someone behind telling me to sit down

>not buying the tickets for the seat behind YOU BAD GOY

Why are they considering re-introducing these?
For atmosphere? Tradition? Allow more people in?

It's near impossible to change seats in a 100% season ticket occupation zone.

yes, yes and yes.

There's some of the Hillsborough families who are quite vocal in their support for safe standing and most Liverpool fans are for it

Great bunch of lads, the Shrews. With their statement, others will follow.

Dead Liverpool fans report in where you're from

Dead in Sydney ere

>standing often costs only half as much as sitting

Hahaha it won't in England

>Safe standing didn't kill people at Hillsborough

No, other Liverpool fans did. Probably don't want to get in the situation again where they were murdering each other like they did then.

WE WANT TO DIE AGAIN LA

>'safe' standing

is it that hard for europe to just secure the perimeter and the gates for their stadiums.

But I thought it was the police's fault

>safe standing
>disabled supporters rise to their feet when a goal is scored

It was both. The retarded cops opened the wrong gates and funneled people in death cages, the terrace 'design' made dying and lack of escape inevitable.
pic semi-related, the kop at old Leicester, which was also a potential death trap when full. All grounds were.