/box/ - Pacquiao vs. Horn Pre-Fight + Sasha Povetkin / Eddie Hearn Specials

TONIGHT:

Manny Pacquiao (59-6-2) vs. Jeff Horn (16-0-1) @ Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, Australia
>Live on Foxtel PPV (AUS - 9AM), BoxNation (UK - 4AM), ESPN (USA - 10PM EST)
>For the WBO World Welterweight Championship of the World
>Also featuring Jerwin Ancajas vs. Teiru Kinoshita, plus Shane Mosley Jr & Michael Conlan

ALSO TODAY:

Alexander Povetkin (30-1) vs. Andriy Rudenko (30-2) @ Luzhniki Palace of Sports, Moscow, Russia
>Live on BoxNation (UK - 4PM / US 11AM EST)
>Also featuring Eduard Troyanovsky vs. Michele Di Rocco

Frank Buglioni (19-2-1) vs. Ricky Summers (13-0) at the O2 Arena, London, United Kingdom
>Live on Sky Sports 1 (UK 7:30PM / US 2:30PM)
>Also featuring Matthew Ryan vs. Ted Cheeseman, plus Lawrence Okolie, Conor Benn, Joshua Buatsi & Reece Bellotti

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

vipgoal.net/C PlusFR/35595/Canal-PLus-Fr-Regardez.html
youtu.be/yW-mK5KQ4Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=LiiJgXUujZQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Schaub bless

I thought it was on in the USA morning?

Also today:

Brian Carlos Castano (13-0) vs Michel Soro (30-1-1) for the interim WBA World super welterweight title, live on Canal+ at 20h55 local time

Potential stream - vipgoal.net/C PlusFR/35595/Canal-PLus-Fr-Regardez.html

The Pacquiao vs Hort fight is gonna be a good fight or is it too one sided?

youtu.be/yW-mK5KQ4Pc

Posting the pale white

Pac is old as fuck, so who knows.

Problem with this format is that the fights are shit tonight and this thread will be here for 2 days (unless Aussies turn up)

Probably one-sided

Pacman ids gonna rape him

If we need a thread to die we can just start talking about Mayweather vs McGregor and let the retards kill it

Cool picture

Horn will shock the world.

Horn is a tough wyte boi

This will easily do 500 before the Australia card. Book it.

Is it PPV in Australia? How much are they robbing you for this time?

Just watch Horn on the pads, he doesn't have the speed to even hit a sleeping Manny.

Horn is the least intimidating boxer ever, I like that though, especially since most Aussies are mouthy fake tough guys with terrible tattoos

Are they showing the pacquiao fight on ESPN Deportes? I don't have regular ESPN.

Most likely.

Latin Americans are boxings biggest audience in our country

Imagine all the filipino sluts creaming their pants if pretty white boi jeff stops Pacman

I don;t think manny has a knockout in him any more. he is going to lose on points and hopefully retire. he should have quit already.

It is

>Manny gets robbed in Australia

Would that be casus belli for WW3?

He's 2 levels above Jeff Horn he won't lose more than 1 or 2 rounds. This won't stop judges in Australia having it 115-113

Can't underestimate the effects of age, man.

He handled Jessie Vargas no problem and got a knockdown. Horn isn't as good as that.

I agree he no longer has any killer instinct but if he can outbox Bradley he can outbox Horn

Horn is gonna wear down old man pac and steal the late rounds and get a close decision, he reminds me of marciano

There's been no drug testing so we could get the old Pacquiao back again

How important is size when it comes to boxing?

I'm 6"1 and been boxing for about a year, but I don't take it that seriously and only go once a week, so technique-wise I'm quite shit. There are lots of smaller guys at my gym who have been boxing for years and have good technique, but when they hit the bag it barely moves. If for some reason I fought one of these smaller guys, would my size be enough of an advantage for me to win?

Australia is the worst first world boxing nation on the planet.

Outside of Jeff Fenech, there has literally not been a single A grade Australian boxer. Jeff Horn is unironically the best Australian boxer today.

Lucas Browne, Anthony Mundine, Daniel Geale, Renold Quinlan, Danny Green, Billy Dib. These are the Australian fighters of the day. Pathetic.

Even New Zealand has Joseph Parker and David Tua for christ's sake.

Before you say it, Kostya Tszyu was Russian. Just like Artur Abraham isn't German.

So US top athletes go into ape hoop, ape egg, and maybe ambienball.

Euro top athletes go into futbol.

What do Aussie top athletes do? Anything? Are there any?

AFL and swimming.

Cricket and rugby

australia is the worst first world nation at everything.

Skin cancer prevention

Depends on the division. At heavyweight it matters because it's slower paced and more about strength, range, pacing. Lower divisions height isn't that important.

what the fuck is afl.

Is that just rugby?

By size I was referring more about weight than height per se. I'm fairly skinny, but because I've got several extra inches of height, my punches seem to pack far more power than their's.

More like soccer than handegg, but essentially.

We can't even begin to guess without tons more information about skill levels, fighting experience, height and weight, etc.

>Filipino president sends troops to Australia and drops bombs on Horn's hometown

Smallish population + lots of popular sports competing for talent + high standard of living + no boxing tradition therefore very little expertise in the gyms

They do alright, all things considered

Really want Horn to win, stoppage or controversial decision would be the best. Really want to see all the butthurt pacroid dickriders cry their eyes out on the internet

The Russian show is starting on BoxNation btw. Evgeny Smirnov in the ring first

Who /HORNY FOR HORN/ here?

Legal, hd youtube stream of Russian fights:

youtube.com/watch?v=LiiJgXUujZQ

Well I'm 6"1 and super middleweight/cruiserweight (not weighed myself for ages, so can't be sure). Like I say, my technique is pretty shit, but I think I've got the basics about stance, how to punch properly, keeping guard up, etc. My weakest areas are footwork and head movement, but I think my punch power is fairly good. Just curious as to whether my power advantage would be enough for me to beat a club-level amateur from a significantly lower weight class, if for some reason we fought.

I'm not saying I'll suck his dick if he knocks out that old man, but I totally will.

Bet all the filipina sluts are supporting him and his BWC

How are you guys in relationships able to watch all the fights?

Just starting to get in something serious, worried it will make me miss some big fights

Povetka is a fat slug ugly moron.

>Fight day when I'm with her:
She reads the most inane shit on her phone for an hour while I watch the fight.

>Fight day when I'm not with her:
She bitches about how I haven't texted all day and "Why do I watch that stupid sport."

Russ Henshaw is 25/1 to be Okolie.. considering he was up on point against Chamberlin after 6 rounds and wasnt really out on his feet when stopped that really aint a bad price. Okolie aint that great.

I remember when I missed Pacquiao vs Marquez 4 because of a woman. Since then I just plan for the big boxing shows well in advance and don't let anything conflict with it

Got TKOed in one round recently though. When he was scheduled to be Okolie's debut opponent, before that stoppage loss, I thought he was quite lively, but not so much any more. Then again, the constant postponements might have given him more time to formulate a gameplan for Okolie

>No, I can't do that, I'm watching the fight then.
>This isn't a negotiation.

>>She bitches about how I haven't texted all day and "Why do I watch that stupid sport."
Make fun of her for not having hobbies.

>Summertime brawl
>Bumlioni is the star attraction

Has Eddie lost it?

Yeah, he's very basic but constantly applies pressure and weve already seen lesser guys get through to okolie.

She's Mexican so I'm sure she will want to see Canelo/GGG since there's 2 Mexican favorites

DeGale and/or Whyte were supposed to be headlining, but it's still his own fault that the undercard was too weak to stand alone. Look at Warren's card next week - he lost a quality headliner when Khurtsidze got busted, so he added a couple of extra good domestic fights to an undercard that already featured a couple and now it looks like a really good night of boxing (just unfortunate to conflict with another quality fight on Channel 5)

Fell for the long distance relationship meme.

Has it's perks though.

Should of just cancelled it, it wasn't selling when Whyte vs Wach was the main event

Well he needed to keep a few fighters busy and I guess he'd already paid for the big arena

Whyte Wach wouldve stunk the place out

>not just doing Whyte vs. Chisora 2

Easiest money in history.

Eddie would want to do that but Whyte thinks he can become a world champion

Yeah Whyte is shit scared of that rematch

TARKIN' RUBBISH

doubt it, the guy wants to fight anyone but obviously a belt is worth going for. Also only idiots/ casuals think chisora won that fight.

If one were to go pro in North America, what promotion agency would one want to sign with to have the least chance of getting shafted?

I've had 2 boxing lessons from Dillian Whyte and he's a lovely chap. Even ran to his car to fetch his gloves for me to use because I didn't have any.

Global Legacy Boxing

And why would that be?

idk I just have enjoyed all the fights theyve put on.

So you don't know what they're about business wise?

well.. they get their fighters fights.

He's the best current pro that Sky gets in to talk occasionally. Funny guy and doesn't just go along with Nelson and Smith's bullshit

Matchroom undercard being streamed on Sky Sports FB page now

I was pleasantly surprised when Crolla did a card some time this year, he was very articulate and astute when for some reason I thought he was a complete mong

>James toney calling out rjj for a rematch
I'd watch it

Isaac Chamberlain wins by KO. Okolie would smoke Chamberlain

Bro my ex hated me watching boxing on a Saturday night

Lubkovich looks pretty promising

My ex said I was gay because I "liked to watch sweaty, muscly guys"

My wife just cheers for whoever she thinks is the most attractive

and you watch too much boxing

Most girls I date are Mexican (not Mexican-American) and wind up watching fights with me.

Egorov is up next on the Moscow show. Afonin presumably afterwards

Who did she root for between Joshua and Klitschko?

buglioni is so sexy

is the promoter still butt-blasted about the black guy vs. potato fight?

Why is AJ so based?

Neither Egorov or Afonin are particularly inspiring prospects. That welterweight Lubkovich was the most impressive of the night

Russian audiences are always so quiet and polite.

A daily dose of vitamin humble.

It seems to be a hobby for rich people over there

Who are the best Russian prospects at the moment? Probably Bivol and Tishchenko? Doesn't seem like a particularly strong generation coming through

what time UK will manny's card start?

thx