Be Gareth Edwards

>Be Gareth Edwards
>Pitch Rogue One as a gritty realistic war film where you are going to actually have the rebels fear the stormtroopers because they could die at any second on the battlefield
>Hire the same composer who made music for your Godzilla film because he is going to generate some great emotional cues that will be playing over the realistic battle scenes
>Disney suddenly jumps in
>They fire your composer and hire the same guy who composed the music for Doctor Strange, Jurassic World, Spider-Man: Homecoming because Disney needs someone who can make "quick up beat like music" when the Rebels are killing dozens of stormtroopers in seconds
Gareth's vision of Rogue One is abandoned and instead we get this:
youtube.com/watch?v=_kAflDuAmko

This pisses me off. Why are these Rebels able to kill lots of stormtroopers instantly? No I am not referring to it having a female lead but rather just the idea that Rogue One is about invincible Rebels... I don't care if these Rebels die at the end.

I THOUGHT this was going to be Saving Private Ryan in space where the Rebels would be shitting themselves every second, looking over their shoulder to see if any stormtroopers were around the corner because they could die at any second.

BUT NOPE. We have to get an MCU tier flick.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1WB-_Zq9UcE
youtube.com/watch?v=Nq295Mg6PHg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think this goes without saying, but Im not going to see this Star Wars in theaters opening day or at all

Was the screenwriter Gareth's doing or Disney's? The screenwrite definitely forced an agenda, and as we've seen Lucas deeply regrets selling Star Wars to these kikes

target audience for star wars is kids retard

WHY is Felicity's character beating stormtroopers with a melee weapon and they are unable to shoot her at all?

This film was meant to be entirely different from the other ones because this is meant to be about average Rebels.

And what’s with all the Rebels believing in the force, Felicity saying “May the force be with us”, the blind monk saying “The force is strong”. It is just too much

>impying there was a vision
>implying shitzilla was good
>implying Gareth Edwards dont anything worth seeing
>implying you're not a viral marketer ALREADY starting to do damage controll because you retards know this shit is going to blow

Because Disney's Star Wars is nothing but action flicks as they don't care about the stories or characters.

Lucas let us explore many worlds and many characters but JJ in the Force Awakens only cared about making sure action scenes came sooner.

>impying there was a vision
This is Gareth Edwards' quote before shooting of Rogue One began:

"It comes down to a group of individuals that don't have magic powers, that have to bring hope to the galaxy. It's about the fact that god's not coming to save us, and we're on our own. The absence of the Jedi is omnipresent in the film. It hangs over the whole movie."

>I THOUGHT this was going to be Saving Private Ryan in space where the Rebels would be shitting themselves every second, looking over their shoulder to see if any Stormtroopers were around the corner because they could die at any second.

There has never been a version of Star Wars where this is true.

People trying to reclaim Stormtroopers as some kind of elite commando force is one of the dumbest traits of the EU and the movies should keep away from it as far as possible.

They're cannon fodder, always have been.

I just don't get why people are saying this is being re-written to be more family-friendly when they hired Tony Gilroy for the re-writes.

Yes, clearly, they got the writer of Michael Clayton and the original Bourne trilogy to add more jokes and fun to a movie. Nothing says fun like the writer of these scenes:

youtube.com/watch?v=1WB-_Zq9UcE

youtube.com/watch?v=Nq295Mg6PHg

China doesnt have a ratings system. So all movies in China are for all ages. Normal USA PG-13 is safe in China. A hard PG-13 featuring disturbing combat scenes is not.

Donnie Yen is part of the cast because Star . Wars is low hype in China. Marvel Studios and Transformers are high hype there. They need Rogue One to be successful in China because they need to strengthen the fanbase there in order for the chinese to go to the newly opened shangai disneyland that the chinese government co-owns. bob iger has also said that if shangai disneyland does well, the chinese government has given disney the ok to build more.

This is the reason the vision was changed.

>There has never been a version of Star Wars where this is true.
Watch the opening scene of A New Hope. Stormtroopers kill all the rebels in that scene.

Stormtroopers kill Jedi in Revenge of the Sith.

Yes, Stormtroopers kill people.

But they're still cannon fodder.

You are getting a gritty realistic war film.
Disneys gritty realistic war film.

Where in any of the Star Wars movies are stormtroopers shown to be anything other than Power Rangers Putty tier disposable fodder to make the heroes look good? They are comically bad because that is their charm.

Star Wars and Disney flicks aren't art, they're not movies made for adults, they're not thought-provoking or profound.

I don't know why you would ever be expecting anything more than the absolute basic elements and emotional ques of a modern Hollywood movie.

Worldwide releases were a mistake.

You want gritty? Fuck off have a pizzicatto instead.

Watch the opening scene of A New Hope.

>they're not movies made for adults, they're not thought-provoking or profound.
Read the Extended Universe novels

No. They're not even movies.

>turning a fun space adventure saga into le gritty movie meme

Nah, Fantastic 4 already proved that's a dumb idea

>Read the Extended Universe novels
God. Say that again with a straight face.

"EARN...THIS"
>dies of bantha wounds

how straight do you want senpai

Read the Extended Universe novels. :|

isn't this vision pretty dumb though? seeming that the war is ended by one of the most powerful jedi? kinda undercuts the movie's theme

Edwards is a shit director.

His Godzilla film was garbage. Pure fucking garbage.

agreed. Godzilla 2014 was hot garbage.

>be Garath Edwards
>ruin Godzilla
>still get to make big budget Star Wars fanfiction

When this was announced I loved the idea but they way things went I won't pay to see this piece of shit. Neither will my gf for that matter.

>muh memezilla!

let me guess, Shin Godzilla is kino, right?
Fucking kids.

2014 Gojira wasn't that good desu, having le no acting skills guys being all over the place pulling off stunts he shouldn't be able to left and right killed the flick

Opening scene of ANH and the empire wins the battle of hoth. Any scenes that don't involve main characters the empire is shown to be able to hold it's own.

It had more in common with a Call of Duty movie than a Godzilla film. The monsters felt like they were just fucking set pieces for dumbfuck marine to run away from.

And they fuck up the jawas and uncle Owen's hud pretty good

The droids have better results than the Stormtroopers

>uncle Owen's hud
That was Boba Fett who killed Luke's aunt and uncle.

is this fanfic?

Plot armor

>They're cannon fodder, always have been.
Why do Disney shills make it so obvious they haven't even watched Star Wars?

> And these blast points, too accurate for Sandpeople. Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise.

>elite troops literally defeated by Ewoks

Even kids are too smart for movies with nigs and English women as the leads

A whole generation will be natsoc

>be user
>shit about a move that no one has seen yet

>be user
>giving the benefit of the doubt to a movie made by a billion dollar ultracorporation

Let's be real, it's going to be 2~ hours of mind numbing cgi action without any sense of danger for the main characters, stormtroopers will be comically nonthreatening as a blind asian man with a stick beats them up en masse as they slowly and orderly approach into melee range with him instead of blasting/thermal detenatoring his sweet and sour ass back the the great wall, and with enough "hey remember THIS" to keep "fans" watching and clapping so they can feel like cool star wars fans because look guys "I" remember Darth Vader!!! I remember the death star!! These are things that I recognize as being from something I care about so everything else doesn't matter!! I feel comfortable watching this movie while I consume my 48oz coca cola and stuff my fat fucking face with popcorn!!

Holy shit....was that part with her quipping to the droid in the middle of a battle after she somehow beat down like four stormtroopers with an attachment to her blaster while not a single one of them or their backup shot her a real part of the movie?

>Be OP
>literally can not stop sucking dicks
>doctors around the world try to analyze condition
>but they can't concentrate because they instantly get sucked off once they're in my general vicinity
>my mouth just instinctively latches onto their penises
>the Vatican sends an exorcist
>but he can't get close to me because he's afraid of breaking his vows
>even while typing this my head is furiously bobbing back and forth on a meat pole
>cum dripping on the keyboard

Lmao that looks awful

Looks like pandering to nostalgiafags, women power fantasises, and China. It's not subtle at all