After season 4 and the season 5 premiere, there is a noticeable drop off in quality

After season 4 and the season 5 premiere, there is a noticeable drop off in quality.

I'm 2 episodes into season 5, are there any seasons that I should skip? Or are there some eps that are still worth watching?

I really don't want to watch a Mulder-less show

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PLEASE HELP ME

You don't get to skip episodes.

You're going to watch all of them to properly understand the lore.

Can't I just stick to mythology episodes then for the later seasons?

yeah first 4 seasons are the best
so comfy

4 and 5 are fine. 6 is where it starts going to shit.

I'm at the same point in the show as you

I really dont know how they wen from that season opener to that campy garbage.
I can't believe it's actually going to get worse
It was so good tho

Stop watching after S6. S5 was at first going to be the last season. At the time, Chris Carter wanted to do the rest of the plot as a film series when S5 wrapped up, but the first movie did not do so well and they were forced to get more seasons. S5 is the last one to be shot in the rainy parts from Canada. S6+ has just Los Angeles as its shooting locations and the tone of the series suffers. Most of the old writers left and a lot of the off beat and funny episodes you saw at times, became the norm rather than the exception. If the Mulderless shit in S7 doesn't kill it for you, the new agents in S8 and S9 might. The mini series was also pure shit.

the first movie is actually pretty decent, not great, but it's solid

6 isnt great generally yet has a number of classic episodes
7 continues to underwhelm but still has a couple greats

7 feels off because david duchovny didn't want to be in the show anymore and it really shows. he looks completely bored throughout the entire season.

the walk-in spirit episode with his sister is great. the entire show should have just ended in that seasons finale, it would have been a perfectly fine ending.

They didn't know where to go after the syndicate was done and over with.

It beats the second one by leaps and bounds.

I think everyone hated Season 9.

I'm here to help, user

I liked a lot of the MoTW in S7, but it is clear they were out of ideas. 5 and 6 were purdy good, though.

XF was always a comfy show for me, but I never got terribly invested in the mythology and what not. Maybe that's why I enjoy those seasons.

>it's a scully goes emotional episode

prob worst in the series

skully's character is inherently illogical. You're a pessimist and devil's advocate that's always preaching the scientific method, and yet you're Catholic? Really?

This is more immersion-breaking than anything paranormal or alien

I haven't seen much of the show, but from what I've seen it seems like she uses it more like a personal guide than taking it literally.

Why would you do that? What happens S5 and after is the myth arc becomes crap compared to the motw eps. S5 is excellent, S6 is good just more lighthearted than previous seasons, and S7 and after there is a noticable drop in quality.

I couldn't make it through 6. I didn't even hate it I just got really bored.

she's not some airhead religious whack job, she questions her faith throughout the whole show

yea it's kind of boring but it is what it is, it was the 90s

Season 6 and 7 have some terrible episodes but also have some great ones (like closing the Samantha story ark).
I recommend to watch everything until season 8 and then you can use the mythology guide to skip most of 8/9 episodes.

the one good episode i remember from season 8 or 9 is the episode where doggett is scared to go to sleep/isn't sure he is awake, because the guy kills people in dreams

i really liked that one

The mythology episodes are significantly shittier than the majority of the MOTW episodes later on. There are good MOTW episodes even through the last few seasons but the mythology arc never really gets good again.

Hm I don't remember that one, maybe I skipped it.
I used the mythology guide for season 8/9 but I also watched the 3 Dogget's son story ark episodes and the 2 episodes about the young blonde agent.
I did't care about Reyes's story.

They jumped the shark with the soldiers.

>I did't care about

*I didn't care about

It is no excuse.

It gets worse.

Maybe he likes shitty resolutions.